Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Ruddy magnificent

This game provided us proof that we have something that many of us thought we lacked, and that is a clinical touch.

8 shots to their 25, provided us with 2 goals to their none.

I really can''t wait for next weekend now, I am very, very hopefully of a RVW/Hooper pairing.

Ruddy was superb.

One dropped ball that he claimed within half a second, everything else was nigh on perfect.

Needed to be, as both full backs were weak. WBA got a lot in the box, and got a lot of chances. And a lot of clearance attempts were weak. But the CBs did pretty well, Ruddy very well and we pulled through! Fantastic result.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ruddy was superb. One dropped ball that he claimed within half a second, everything else was nigh on perfect. Needed to be, as both full backs were weak. WBA got a lot in the box, and got a lot of chances. And a lot of clearance attempts were weak. But the CBs did pretty well, Ruddy very well and we pulled through! Fantastic result.[/quote]

Spot on GP.

Back to his best today and agree regarding our fullbacks, but I think that just showed how we miss the likes of Snodgrass and Pilkington who play their part in securing the space in front of the full backs. CB''s were terrific!

Ollson was certainly a bit exposed at times Mark, but it was always going to be tough the way they changed things at half time.

I was delighted to see Ruddy hitting some form, it''s what we need!

Yes, I thought Ruddy needed dropping but then again we have little alternative. I think goalkeepers need protecting sometimes when their form drops or the team is letting in shed loads of goals. But Ruddy showed his resilience today and proved me wrong, not that it mattered.

I hope his confidence gets a huge boost.

Yes Ruddy was superb today, back to his best

I think it''s inevitable with 442 you are stretched in midfield and for much of the game Olsson was outnumbered, no fullback can stop a cross when that happens. Fortunately none of them did any damage.

Welcome back JR. Every season he''s been here he has got wins for us by keeping goals out. Until this season when he has been adequate at best. Can''t remember a game where he was the difference between a clean sheet and a defeat or draw. Until today. More please John!

Ruddy was great - one or two shots I thought he couldn''t reach, but he did. He certainly saved us from defeat.

I don''t think he is quite at his best yet, however. There were too many crosses or corners flashing right across our box, and the ones nearer goal should be his to deal with. Fortunately the Baggie heading was generally poor, or the result could have been very different.