Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Fulham H in Cup

I can''t wait for it. win, lose or draw there will be a massive over-reaction and the usual "we want a cup run" moans.

I take the cup at face value. Don''t get too over-emotional about it.

My thoughts exactly Herman.

I usually like us to have a good go at the cup, but recently I have become disinterested in it. It doesn''t really matter to me what happens.

[quote user="iron_stan"]play the kidsleague should be priority[/quote]

Agree with this. I couldn''t care less about the cup. This will be a great opportunity to give Bechio and the Murphy boys 90 mins.

The worse thing that could happen is that we do a Wigan. And yes before anyone asks I would always take Premiership survival over a cup win.

As long as we beat Fulham in the league on Boxing Day, I''m happy.If we were going stronger in the league I''d be greedy and expect both league and cup wins. But you know, priorities and all that.

I hope we beat Fulham on Boxing Day too. A lot of posters weren''t born the last time we beat them in 1986. In the 12 games we''ve played against them since then we''ve scraped together just 3 points and a goal difference of -23. Am I the only one who dreads us playing Fulham?

i just think risking fatigue and injury in the cup in a season where theres already been bucket load of injuries is a really stupid idea

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hope we beat Fulham on Boxing Day too. A lot of posters weren''t born the last time we beat them in 1986. In the 12 games we''ve played against them since then we''ve scraped together just 3 points and a goal difference of -23. Am I the only one who dreads us playing Fulham?

[/quote]Probably somewhat irrelevant what''s happened in the past though as right now they''re quite an average side. We drew 0-0 with them at home last year and should have won were it not for having to rely on Luciano Becchio to score for us. Will have to see what Meulensteen (sp?) can do with them between now and January, they won today but got quite a fortunate penalty to help them beat an off form Aston Villa.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Probably somewhat irrelevant what''s happened in the past though as right now they''re quite an average side. We drew 0-0 with them at home last year and should have won were it not for having to rely on Luciano Becchio to score for us. Will have to see what Meulensteen (sp?) can do with them between now and January, they won today but got quite a fortunate penalty to help them beat an off form Aston Villa.[/quote]

Thta''s true. And I like it when these stupid bogey side ghosts get laid to rest. Was a while since we''d beat West Ham and Palace has proved a tough fixture recently so making it a hat-trick by beating Fulham would be sweet.