Sign in to follow this  
Norwich MP

It's oh, so quiet...

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]So Bill, can I check if you were happy we won?[/quote]Surely you don''t need telling a dozen times?[:D]

So the OP is the latest in a long line of posters who feign "surprise" that the Message Board is a little quieter after we''ve won a game.

Shock ! Horror !!, Do grow up (or at least crawl into the real world !)

Of course any true Norwich fan is going to be pleased that we actually got something from an away game. But, clearly we are not going to start singing Hughton''s praises to the skies. At least, not until it''s been proven that it was not just a flash in the pan.

Some of us have become so conditioned to abject away displays that you''ll forgive us for needing a little more convincing than just one game in December in the W Midlands.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]So the OP is the latest in a long line of posters who feign "surprise" that the Message Board is a little quieter after we''ve won a game. Shock ! Horror !!, Do grow up (or at least crawl into the real world !) Of course any true Norwich fan is going to be pleased that we actually got something from an away game. But, clearly we are not going to start singing Hughton''s praises to the skies. At least, not until it''s been proven that it was not just a flash in the pan. Some of us have become so conditioned to abject away displays that you''ll forgive us for needing a little more convincing than just one game in December in the W Midlands.[/quote]

A Huzzah to Reggie.[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiV_PB3zlm0Sorry don''t know how to do links.

[/quote]

You and me both, Lakey. And the same applies to the "quote" thingy. I''ve tried loads of things, but all I seem to end up with is the dog''s breakfast illustrated above.

If you or anyone else knows how to do it properly, please let me know.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiV_PB3zlm0Sorry don''t know how to do links.[/quote]

You and me both, Lakey. And the same applies to the "quote" thingy. I''ve tried loads of things, but all I seem to end up with is the dog''s breakfast illustrated above.

If you or anyone else knows how to do it properly, please let me know.[/quote]

I switched to firefox, that cured it the quote thingy.As for links.........

No, of course you wouldn''t praise the manager Reggie, because that would be credit where it''s due and that isn''t something that most of your ilk like to do. Far easier to whinge and moan than admit you might have called things wrong.

Still, do continue to patronise those who have a sense of realism and are able to take positives even when things become tough without resorting to scapegoating. Quite a real-world skill you know.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Normally, Rt click on the address bar, copy and paste.

Are you saying that doesn''t work on Firefox either ?[/quote]Just click the quote button.

No, Ricky, you misunderstand. I was asking whether the provision of things like Utube links hadn''t worked for Lakey on Firefox.

Yes, I''ve tried the quote button !! Many times, but just get the gobbledegook I referred to earlier. I use google chrome btw....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]No, Ricky, you misunderstand. I was asking whether the provision of things like Utube links hadn''t worked for Lakey on Firefox.

Yes, I''ve tried the quote button !! Many times, but just get the gobbledegook I referred to earlier. I use google chrome btw....[/quote]Sorry Reg, I use Firefox. The quote thingy works fine but I also don''t know how to do the linky thing.

[quote user="I.S."]No, of course you wouldn''t praise the manager Reggie, because that would be credit where it''s due and that isn''t something that most of your ilk like to do. Far easier to whinge and moan than admit you might have called things wrong.

Still, do continue to patronise those who have a sense of realism and are able to take positives even when things become tough without resorting to scapegoating. Quite a real-world skill you know.[/quote]

What in heaven''s name are you prattling on about, IS ? Ithought I had made it clear that I (and no doubt so many of my "ilk") ARE praising Hughton for having the sense to change things round. But only up to a point . That''s what I meant by "not praising him to the skies", you see...)

There may come a time when I''ll be satisfied that I may have been brought back into the Hughton fold, but, as I say, it''ll take more than one away victory to do that.

And, for a Hughton Inner to accuse the rest of us of "not being in the real world" is as laughable as it is absurd.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]So the OP is the latest in a long line of posters who feign "surprise" that the Message Board is a little quieter after we''ve won a game.

Shock ! Horror !!, Do grow up (or at least crawl into the real world !)

Of course any true Norwich fan is going to be pleased that we actually got something from an away game. But, clearly we are not going to start singing Hughton''s praises to the skies. At least, not until it''s been proven that it was not just a flash in the pan.

Some of us have become so conditioned to abject away displays that you''ll forgive us for needing a little more convincing than just one game in December in the W Midlands.[/quote]

Oh Reggie, as IS has already said, there''s no need for the patronising tone. I was in no way feigning surprise, infact I was rather clearly acknowledging it.

I have no expectations of any Norwich fan, praise or criticism of the club/manager/players etc. is entirely down to whether someone feels we are meeting their own expectations for our position in the league. My opinion is that given our circumstances, we''re not fairing too bad. Outing the manager is one option for changing the performances after a disappointing run of results, however it is not the certainly not the only option and definitely not always a positive thing.

After all, what can we as fans really do to impact the team? We can either boo lots and shout for the managers head, or cheer louder and get behind the club. My thought is where we are at the moment the latter might be just as easy and possibly have a better end result for all.

See, that''s how to voice an opinion without the pointless childish insults. That''s what grown up''s in the real world do.

... oh damn

Ha! Sorry about that.

Very happy with the points, just not the style of play.

What would you rate that performance out of 10? for me, first half 6/7 second a 4.

Sorry, MP, that just won''t wash. What WAS patronising was the actual thread title. (I''m assuming you are not referring to the song by Icelandic song-pixie Bjork !)

It''s implicit, despite your assurances, that you feel that most fans only come on here to moan after a defeat. Well OK that may apply to a small minority, but the vast majority have a good track record of commenting on a performance warts and all, good and bad.. I dont'' think I (or many others) have ever suggested that getting rid of the manager is the "only option". Of course it may or may not be appropriate, and is indeed a gamble. But we''ve been through that God knows how many time recently on this forum.

That we are doing "not too bad" is your opinion. Others, including me, are entitled to take a different view. I''m sorry that you felt insulted, but I was a little peeved, as I feel it''s you who are being patronising. The very fact that you think that the fans have chosen to boo proves that. The level of support, bearing in mind some of the abject stuff we''ve been subjected to this year has been absolutely phenomenal.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]No, Ricky, you misunderstand. I was asking whether the provision of things like Utube links hadn''t worked for Lakey on Firefox.

Yes, I''ve tried the quote button !! Many times, but just get the gobbledegook I referred to earlier. I use google chrome btw....[/quote]Sorry Reg, I use Firefox. The quote thingy works fine but I also don''t know how to do the linky thing.[/quote]Using the linky thing - A tutorial for Firefox users.1) Copy the link you want to post into the clipboard - Select the link, right-click -> copy.2) Type in the part of the text you want to be the link in the post. Select the text you just typed in.3) Click the Create Link button, The one with the icon of the little chain links in front of a globe. The Enter URL pop-up comes up.4) Paste in the link - Right-click -> paste.5) Done.E.g. Here is a link to a story I like a lot, but many on here may not.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok............being a bit thick here. Followed instructions, but where does the Create Link button live, I can''t find it on any menu or anywhere on the screen.................

[/quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/7K241Oo.png[/img][/quote]

Ah!!!!  I knew I was being thick!Thanks.(PS. Didn''t like your previous link much though  [:(] )

Reggie, you are sounding genuine on this thread but isn''t it true a lot of folk are staying off here when we win, or coming on to say ''they were lucky''. Without aiming to be offensive, that is the behaviour of non-supporters.

Sorry for not adding a byte to the computer teach-in

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

Reggie, you are sounding genuine on this thread but isn''t it true a lot of folk are staying off here when we win, or coming on to say ''they were lucky''. Without aiming to be offensive, that is the behaviour of non-supporters.

Sorry for not adding a byte to the computer teach-in

[/quote]Right, here goes. I''ve converted to Firefox. Let''s see what happens with a quote....At no stage, GA47 have I ever come on here after a win to say we were lucky. The only time I ever stay off here is if I''m in some far flung place working, where the wifi is useless or too pricey (not unknown).

Honoured for my post to become the subject of your successful test!

No - so the OP (& I) wasn''t referring to you - you are representing a fair opinion on this thread - it''s the Alartzes of this board and his like who can''t think what to say or only come on to begrudge us the win. So no need to feel offended!

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

Honoured for my post to become the subject of your successful test!

No - so the OP (& I) wasn''t referring to you - you are representing a fair opinion on this thread - it''s the Alartzes of this board and his like who can''t think what to say or only come on to begrudge us the win. So no need to feel offended!

[/quote]I presume you''ll be waiving your fee on this occasion GA47.......Thanks for clearing the other matter up. There are too many people (of many persuasions) who come on here and try and tar people with the same brush by using what can only be described as a "one size fits all" policy.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok............being a bit thick here. Followed instructions, but where does the Create Link button live, I can''t find it on any menu or anywhere on the screen.................

[/quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/7K241Oo.png[/img][/quote]

Ah!!!!  I knew I was being thick!Thanks.(PS. Didn''t like your previous link much though  [:(] )

[/quote]It was just the first example I could think of at short notice [;)]

Now you''re getting cocky Reggie - 2 posts 2 quotes - and all''s well

On the other point - if you don''t wanna get tarred, don''t stand under the brush! etc