Sign in to follow this  
Norwich MP

It's oh, so quiet...

Hopefully people are beginning to realise that football is a game. You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you''re lucky, sometimes not. Today, we we were lucky, does anyone care? We''ve been unlucky enough times. Changing manager wont change a lot, changing the squad of players might, but with our funds, status and fanbase we''re doing well enough.

Its depressing to come on hear and read how people think the club should be run and listen to the radio and hear the same. Its great to be in the premiership and watch the highest quality football in the country, but we''re always going to be bottom half of the table scrapping around feeling sorry for ourselves and feeling like we could and should do better.

It would be nice if one day everyone would just be happy with where we are and support the club. We should always strive to improve and expect good quality performances, but we are at best a mid table club, but who knows, one day we might surprise ourselves as we did getting back up here in the first place.

To some people Football is all about their opinions, and making sure their opinions are right and appear the most learned.

To that effort they will twist facts, stats and if necessary go after fans, the players, the owners, anyone just to protect their opinion.

I find it a lot easier just to just support the team. Sometimes I''m happy, sometimes I''m sad, sometimes I''m right and sometimes I am wrong. All that matters to me is supporting the team that represents where I come from in the purest way.

On the bus home the other day, I heard the driver talking about Hughton and how he could not see anything positive in what he brings to the club.

To me, this is utter madness. Regardless of what you think of his tactics, I don''t think anyone can question the quality of his signings or sheer hard work in terms of the club and academy.

I''m not sure if it is the effect of the Premiership, the timing of Hughton''s appointment, or whether it has always been the same, but there seems to be this "i want it all and i want it now" attitude amongst the supporters that always seems to find a scapegoat. Where is the patience and the understanding that to develop as a club we are going to have periods (especially in this division) where things do not look good.

I don''t agree that we will never be better than mid-table, but I believe that it will take stability and another 4/5 transfer windows before we will be truly comfortable at that level.

This is how it feels to be Ipsw**h! This is how it feels to be small! You sign Murphy, we sign van Wolfswinkel! van Wolfswinkel!

Nice one!

[quote]Wasnt quiet in the away end today![8] This is how it feels to be Ipsw**h! This is how it feels to be small! You sign Murphy, we sign van Wolfswinkel! van Wolfswinkel![/quote]What tune/song has that been based on?

[quote user="thas a rummun"][quote]Wasnt quiet in the away end today![8] This is how it feels to be Ipsw**h! This is how it feels to be small! You sign Murphy, we sign van Wolfswinkel! van Wolfswinkel![/quote]What tune/song has that been based on? [/quote]

I Think it''s Inspiral carpets "this is how it feels to be lonely"

Why can’t people just be honest? Today we didn’t deserve it and got very lucky. Villa we shaded but lost, Cardiff we thrashed and were unlucky not to get a result. Most of the season we’ve been very poor, today included.

[quote user="Bill Car"]Why can’t people just be honest? Today we didn’t deserve it and got very lucky. Villa we shaded but lost, Cardiff we thrashed and were unlucky not to get a result. Most of the season we’ve been very poor, today included.[/quote]

I kind of agree but if you cant celebrate and be happy about a 2-0 win away from home when can we?

[quote user="Bill Car"]Why can’t people just be honest? Today we didn’t deserve it and got very lucky. Villa we shaded but lost, Cardiff we thrashed and were unlucky not to get a result. Most of the season we’ve been very poor, today included.[/quote]

Utter drivel

We had a quality finisher in Hooper. They didn''t.

Two clinical finishes, they did not have that quality, that''s what counts.

And remind me Vanwink, who managed to convince that talent to join the club?

(Cue City1st to tell everyone how it was nothing to due with Hughton or his chief scout Ewan Chester).

What a change - and last three years, three wins in four visits to West Brom! And more of us there than last year! More enjoyable than Stoke as well even though it was like the ok corral at the other end of the pitch second half.

[quote user="RvW''s 4 year contract"][quote user="Bill Car"]Why can’t people just be honest? Today we didn’t deserve it and got very lucky. Villa we shaded but lost, Cardiff we thrashed and were unlucky not to get a result. Most of the season we’ve been very poor, today included.[/quote]

I kind of agree but if you cant celebrate and be happy about a 2-0 win away from home when can we? [I kind of agree but if you cant celebrate and be happy about a 2-0 win away from home when can we? ]

Of course I''m happy we won, just don''t think we have the right man steering the ship, again reverted back to two banks on the edge of the 18 yard box, no pressure and were outplayed for the majority of the match. If others see it different, fine.

[quote user="RvW''s 4 year contract"][quote user="Bill Car"]Why can’t people just be honest? Today we didn’t deserve it and got very lucky. Villa we shaded but lost, Cardiff we thrashed and were unlucky not to get a result. Most of the season we’ve been very poor, today included.[/quote]

I kind of agree but if you cant celebrate and be happy about a 2-0 win away from home when can we? [I kind of agree but if you cant celebrate and be happy about a 2-0 win away from home when can we? ]

Of course I''m happy we won, just don''t think we have the right man steering the ship, again reverted back to two banks on the edge of the 18 yard box, no pressure and were outplayed for the majority of the match. If others see it different, fine.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Two clinical finishes, they did not have that quality, that''s what counts.[/quote]

It certainly is.

I was very surprised by the Baggies line up, smacked of negativity.

Great win, another big game next week and hopefully another performance full of character will see us win again.

One thing they clearly did better than us was muscle of off the ball in almost every tackle - especially in the second half, but other than that I though we played well, and great to see two clinical finishes from us.