Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Team of the Week

Ruddy and Fer make Garth Crook''s Premier League Team of the Week. Ruddy made 10 saves and Fer one assist and scored to impress Crooks.

I presume the week started on Saturday, as Ruddy and Fer weren''t the best against Liverpool mid-week. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25294281For the lazy:GOALKEEPER - JOHN RUDDY (Norwich)John RuddyI must be honest and say that this was not an outstanding weekend for goalkeepers. But of all the performers I thought John Ruddy''s performance in Norwich''s 2-0 win at the Hawthorns was the most significant. The Canaries had previously only won one of their seven league matches away from home this season and that had put the team and their manager Chris Hughton under tremendous pressure. To win in the manner they did and not concede says volumes about the commitment of the players to their manager. Everything Ruddy did was utterly professional.Did you know? Ruddy made 10 saves against West Brom, more than any other goalkeeper managed this weekend.MIDFIELDER - LEROY FER (Norwich)Leroy FerHe played an exquisite ball for Gary Hooper to open the scoring for the Canaries before sealing all the three points himself with a brilliantly-produced solo effort and a rare away win. Chris Hughton had to spend a lot of money to take Fer to Carrow Road and the Dutchman is starting to repay some of the transfer fee and has increased Hughton''s job security.

Did you know? No Premier League player has scored more goals from the 80th minute onwards this season than Fer''s three.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]I presume the week started on Saturday, as Ruddy and Fer weren''t the best against Liverpool mid-week. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25294281For the lazy:GOALKEEPER - JOHN RUDDY (Norwich)John RuddyI must be honest and say that this was not an outstanding weekend for goalkeepers. But of all the performers I thought John Ruddy''s performance in Norwich''s 2-0 win at the Hawthorns was the most significant. The Canaries had previously only won one of their seven league matches away from home this season and that had put the team and their manager Chris Hughton under tremendous pressure. To win in the manner they did and not concede says volumes about the commitment of the players to their manager. Everything Ruddy did was utterly professional.Did you know? Ruddy made 10 saves against West Brom, more than any other goalkeeper managed this weekend.MIDFIELDER - LEROY FER (Norwich)Leroy FerHe played an exquisite ball for Gary Hooper to open the scoring for the Canaries before sealing all the three points himself with a brilliantly-produced solo effort and a rare away win. Chris Hughton had to spend a lot of money to take Fer to Carrow Road and the Dutchman is starting to repay some of the transfer fee and has increased Hughton''s job security.

Did you know? No Premier League player has scored more goals from the 80th minute onwards this season than Fer''s three.[/quote]

Interesting stat on Leroy. He''s got a good engine and it shows. He does remind me of a better Damien Francis.