Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

really glad we signed redmond but...

He was beating the WBA full backs for fun but his shooting and crossing was abysmal - could have been a more comfortable victory if he didnt try and bust the net every time

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 6:49 PM:

He''s a cracking player, he''s so quick, just needs to work on his crossing. But that will come, he''s only 19

He is a cracking player who is probably getting more game time than he would have expected due to our injuries.

Defenders are scared stiff of him, not sure it''s so much his crossing he needs to work on as his decision making, that will come with more experience. He is clearly eager to learn and form his tweet tonight is self critical, excellent traits in a young player.

A huge prospect!

huge amount of potential, pace to burn which is pricelessif he develops an end product he will go on to a top 5 clubreminds of a younger ashley young or valencia

Very, very few players play regularly at this level at his age. We''ll get at least £15 million for him in a few years, probably more. At least he tries to do something different, yeah it doesn''t come off most of the time and he often makes the wrong decision but at his age, he''s never someone I''d boo for having an indifferent game, we''re so lucky to have him and massive credit to Hughton for persuading him to come here over Swansea!

At first i was quite excited by redmond. However with each passing game he is easily becoming the most wasteful player i''ve ever seen. His end product is absolutely abysmal. You can have all the pace and skill in the world but it is absolutely pointless when it continually leads to nothing. His decision making leads a hell of a lot to be desired. Like others have said, he is young so hopefully with the right coaching he will improve. But i hope he learns fast, while i still have some hair left!

He really reminds me of Cristiano ronaldo when man utd first signed him. Undoubtedly talented, but no end product. Ronaldo got the proper coaching at a time when man utd fans were calling to get rid of him and look what happened. Coaching will be really important for him over the next few years as if he could be coached to make the right decisions at the right time and improve his shooting/crossing he could be sensational. Or he''s already as good as he''s going to get. All the raw materials are there. Only time will tell. But he needs to be coached properly. That said, he instigated both goals yesterday

Id say Redmond reminds me about Andros Townsend when on loan at QPR.

Very egoistic, poor crossing, wayward shooting, etc.

But he has matured now at Tottenham, and has become some player.

We can only hope Redmond can follow that route.

Decision making is poor at the moment with Redmond, also his crossing, of course.

[quote user="iron_stan"]huge amount of potential, pace to burn which is pricelessif he develops an end product he will go on to a top 5 clubreminds of a younger ashley young or valencia

[/quote] I hope his career doesn''t go down the pan like those pair

His end product was terrible yesterday but to be fair to the lad he said so on Twitter after the game and he knows he needs to work on it. Also we would be in one hell of a mess without him at the moment with the injurys we''ve got. Lets give him time and i hope he improves over the next 2/3 years otherwise he will end up like Aaron Lennon.

I''m going to suggest that football is a game of opinions.

Goal number one. Redmond receives the ball in his own half and opens up to face the play. He has an obvious pass wide to the left full back. At the last minute he passes, with the outside of his foot to Fer. An early FORWARD PASS, the type we have been crying out for.

Fer plays the ball down a channel (see earlier “Crying out for“  comment) and Hooper scores with a first touch strike across the keeper . The sort we saw week in and week out for Celtic.  

Goal number two. Having tracked an opposition player , Redmond then makes himself available to receive a pass, takes it and passes an early FORWARD PASS (“crying out for” etc etc ) from which Leroy finishes the game.

Two goals . 3 points. I’ll take “greedy” every time. The guy is a game changer.

They both are game changers GPB and the perfect signings to compliment Hooper and RVW. Has there ever been more exciting players sign in a close season than those 4? 2 to score the goals and 2 to set them up. Just as we were promised. The only reason this hasn''t been more obvious is because of injuries and bedding in. Patience is a virtue and it''s been in short supply on this message board.