Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The overiding impression this board gives is that there are too many that come on here who are impatient, spoilt and downright disrespectful to people.[/quote]

ldc, I don''t care two hoots about what and how you post. But if you really can''t see how that sentence falls into the category of a broad swipe against fans then you are going to carry on getting into just this kind of argument.

Doubley disrespectful to the manager if you ask me Reggie! LDC will be after him in a minute!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]

The overiding impression this board gives is that there are too many that come on here who are impatient, spoilt and downright disrespectful to people.[/quote]

ldc, I don''t care two hoots about what and how you post. But if you really can''t see how that sentence falls into the category of a broad swipe against fans then you are going to carry on getting into just this kind of argument.[/quote]

I''m pleased you don''t fall in to the mode others do about trying to "change" me, but I don''t know how much more clear I can be with the statement you are criticising.I said its the "impression" that there are alot of fans who are impatient etc etc - to me that means its only an" impression" because the board thankfully is not representative of all fans.  I sincerely hope that most fans fall in to the category of not happy, but are willing to see it through with this manager as long as there are enough signs that there is progress along the way.  The noisy few who try to force the issue on here by trying to foster a Hughton out campaign, regardless of any improvements, good results etc etc that happen, do tend to dominate the board at every opportunity.  It may not  be factual, I don''t know the numbers.  But it is an impression.   I like to see balanced arguments and discussion and the extreme negative views just get in the way of that.   We all want what is best for the club and if the manager goes so be it.  But not because of some witch-hunt perpetrated by people who have closed their minds to the issue of  the manager''s position - and who create an impression that their opinion rules the roost and anyone who questions it isn''t of sound mind or whatever.Impressions count a lot.

Keep it up Lakey.

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/p1pe09/media/Emoticons/Emoticon_digging.gif.html][IMG]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/p1pe09/Emoticons/Emoticon_digging.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[;)]

I just do not recognise this witch hunt ,Hughton out ,concerted campaign you speak of Lakey. As I keep reiterating, there are a few people who have been against CH from the start. And a few more who have been very vociferous in their opposition to the Hughton mantra. But you talk of "impressions".If what you were saying were true, there would be "HUGHTON OUT" banners and chants during matches, with posters round the city and county, plus in car windows etc. But this sort of thing has been conspicuous by its absence. OK there have been a few boos and shouts of "you don''t know what you''re doing" occasionally, but there again Messrs Moyes, Wenger and Villas Boas have been on the end of that sort of stuff recently !In fact, it''s all been pretty good natured in a Norfolk sort of way. A lot of credit must go to the board for that, as it seems the majority of fans trust them to make the right move. So I''m really not sure where this "impression" you get comes from.

Look LDC, there will always be a few agitators at any club, to be fair we dont have that many, to start talking about a Hughton Out campaign being orchestrated is complete and utter bullshit, who is going to support it, do you ever talk to real fams or do you just base everything on what you read on here, cos to be honest mate this little board means nothing compared to the 10''s of thousands of us that are out there.

You obviously dont speak to many norwich fans and you use this board to exchange views, thats fine, but you cant just assume that what is said on here represents the vast majority of Norwich fans. Basically you are talking to a very few so my point is you should stop talking as if you have your finger on the pulse, its insulting, so just quit it matey!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I just do not recognise this witch hunt ,Hughton out ,concerted campaign you speak of Lakey. As I keep reiterating, there are a few people who have been against CH from the start. And a few more who have been very vociferous in their opposition to the Hughton mantra. But you talk of "impressions".If what you were saying were true, there would be "HUGHTON OUT" banners and chants during matches, with posters round the city and county, plus in car windows etc. But this sort of thing has been conspicuous by its absence. OK there have been a few boos and shouts of "you don''t know what you''re doing" occasionally, but there again Messrs Moyes, Wenger and Villas Boas have been on the end of that sort of stuff recently !In fact, it''s all been pretty good natured in a Norfolk sort of way. A lot of credit must go to the board for that, as it seems the majority of fans trust them to make the right move. So I''m really not sure where this "impression" you get comes from.[/quote]

I don''t think you and I speak the same language, Reggie.  My comments have been aimed solely at the posters on this board and I have said repeatedly on this and other threads that I am sure the majority of fans generally are sensible but understandably concerned - but my "impression is that on this messageboard" this is not the case.   If you have a different impression that''s fine.    

Trying to defend Hughton as I have done, practically ever since he arrived, I have put up with the jibes and put downs without too much fuss, but that has probably fueled my "impression" that the "serial-outers" on here have been overtly loud in their condemnation of Hughton, with very little rational thought about what may be a more balanced view.   There are people who have to see things in black or white - you''re either in or out - for or against.  The truth is often somewhere in the middle.  Hughton may prove to be one of our best managers ever - he may prove that he hasn''t got what it takes to progress us further.   My view and the point of this thread is that we won''t find that out unless he is given that time - as Ferguson has asked for, for Moyes - if we change manager now.    I would rather he is given the time to prove his worth - the worth that makes the rest of the football world think he is a class act - and worth that will see him take us on and develop us into a more established premiership club.   And that time for me would be - and has been since he got here - three years.    Anything less would be the board showing impatience and bowing to pressure - and I don''t see them doing that. 

And Til, haven''t you finished digging that nice hole of yours yet?   Bless.

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Look LDC, there will always be a few agitators at any club, to be fair we dont have that many, to start talking about a Hughton Out campaign being orchestrated is complete and utter bullshit, who is going to support it, do you ever talk to real fams or do you just base everything on what you read on here, cos to be honest mate this little board means nothing compared to the 10''s of thousands of us that are out there.

You obviously dont speak to many norwich fans and you use this board to exchange views, thats fine, but you cant just assume that what is said on here represents the vast majority of Norwich fans. Basically you are talking to a very few so my point is you should stop talking as if you have your finger on the pulse, its insulting, so just quit it matey![/quote]

Do you ever actually bother to read posts through or do you just assume what has been written and then launch into something that is so wide of the mark as to be utterly meaningless in the context of this thread?  What you have written above is drivel, totally misrepresenting what I have said and s**t stirring for the sake of it......."matey".

LDC are you at all capable of posting without patronising or insulting other fans? It seems to me that most of your posts create petty arguments!

In fact, do you ever actually post about the team, matches and generally just footballing matters? The majority of your posts seem to defend Hughton or throw out condadescending twaddle criticising the "Hughton outers".

Maybe if you got your head out of your a rse you might actually make a few friends on here, instead of thread after thread of patronising and arrogant tosh.

So what do you base your perception of fans opinion on other than what you read on here. Please respond to my post rather than spouting an aggresive irrational diatribe as you seem to be accustomed to doing.

Who do you actually talk to in the real world, do you know any fans, do you go to games with your mates and talk to people, or do you just judge and spout crap based on what your read on here in your darkened room,my friend?

[quote user="Alby"]LDC are you at all capable of posting without patronising or insulting other fans? It seems to me that most of your posts create petty arguments!

In fact, do you ever actually post about the team, matches and generally just footballing matters? The majority of your posts seem to defend Hughton or throw out condadescending twaddle criticising the "Hughton outers".

Maybe if you got your head out of your a rse you might actually make a few friends on here, instead of thread after thread of patronising and arrogant tosh.[/quote]

Oh, great here we go again.  How many times - I''m not here to make friends.  I''m here to talk about our football club.  If people try to talk the club down, show no respect to people who are doing their best to take our club forward - and succeeding by the way - then that is what I shall talk about.  If I happen to tread on a few toes doing it - that''s tough.  Perhaps they need their toes trod on.  If I make any friends - which I have btw - that''s great, but if not, then that''s life.

I wouldn''t bother waiting for response Canarygirl - and if you do it will be aggressive and the argument will be turned back to you. Just looking through the forum it''s full of this sort of behavior from him.

You can tell he doesn''t go to any matches - which is ironic on the fans (me included) that vent their frustrations at some of our performances., and then get criticised for doing so. According to LDC we should all be holding hands and singing. You''re not a "real" fan if you dare to criticise the manager, players etc. Arrogant fool!

I''m sorry to say that anyone who clings onto a dogged determination to get rid of a manager when we''re three points away from the top half of the table and said manager delivered a finish a place better than his eulogised predecessor the following season, persuaded some terrific talent to join the club over the Summer and will probably do so again next summer (given the chance), shouldn''t complain too much if some more realiistic folks criticise them for doing so.

Alby "I wouldn''t bother waiting for response Canarygirl - and if you do it will be aggressive and the argument will be turned back to you. Just looking through the forum it''s full of this sort of behavior from him.

You can tell he doesn''t go to any matches - which is ironic on the fans (me included) that vent their frustrations at some of our performances., and then get criticised for doing so. According to LDC we should all be holding hands and singing. You''re not a "real" fan if you dare to criticise the manager, players etc. Arrogant fool!"

But this isn''t just about criticism is it? It''s about a small group of people who want rid of the manager, because he hasn''t waved a magic wand and turned us into title contenders overnight!

Lakey has always been a Wiz wannabe since he''s been on here, he tries hards but fails every time.

Its quite funny really.[:D]

Its just the total arrogance and I know better than you preaching attitude based on what?????? . What he Bloody reads on here? He seems to think this is the real world and represents proper City fans. My god what a complete sad little man.Sorry but it really gets on my tits!

[quote user="Alby"]I wouldn''t bother waiting for response Canarygirl - and if you do it will be aggressive and the argument will be turned back to you. Just looking through the forum it''s full of this sort of behavior from him.

You can tell he doesn''t go to any matches - which is ironic on the fans (me included) that vent their frustrations at some of our performances., and then get criticised for doing so. According to LDC we should all be holding hands and singing. You''re not a "real" fan if you dare to criticise the manager, players etc. Arrogant fool![/quote]

Marvellous. Total plonkers the pair of you. You really have no idea. Take what is said, twist it round so it means something you can lay into, then attack.  To start with you know nothing about my match attendance which I long ago stopped trying to defend because of twots like you two.  I go to some matches I don''t go to other matches - and venting frustrations is fine as long as you don''t lose the plot in the process.   Me aggressive?  Take a look at the thread again if you can be bothered, I have replied to everyone in good faith until one or two try to get smart and  start twisting what I have said  around.  I have patience but believe it or not I have better things to do than argue with idiots who can''t follow a discussion without trying to get one over another poster by any means they can think of.  

The point of the thread was to highlight something I though we had in common with MU and that maybe we could draw some paralells and that MU obviously had a few who were already against the new manager but that the majority were supportive.  Not particularly controversial really, or not meant to be.   One or two took time to comment on it but the rest of you have just tried to make it personal.  Congratulations. You succeeded.   Now kindly comment on the subject of the thread or perhaps you can find a different thread to comment on. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alby"]I wouldn''t bother waiting for response Canarygirl - and if you do it will be aggressive and the argument will be turned back to you. Just looking through the forum it''s full of this sort of behavior from him. You can tell he doesn''t go to any matches - which is ironic on the fans (me included) that vent their frustrations at some of our performances., and then get criticised for doing so. According to LDC we should all be holding hands and singing. You''re not a "real" fan if you dare to criticise the manager, players etc. Arrogant fool![/quote]

Marvellous. Total plonkers the pair of you. You really have no idea. Take what is said, twist it round so it means something you can lay into, then attack.  To start with you know nothing about my match attendance which I long ago stopped trying to defend because of twots like you two.  I go to some matches I don''t go to other matches - and venting frustrations is fine as long as you don''t lose the plot in the process.  

Me aggressive?  Take a look at the thread again if you can be bothered, I have replied to everyone in good faith until one or two try to get smart and  start twisting what I have said  around.  I have patience but believe it or not I have better things to do than argue with idiots who can''t follow a discussion without trying to get one over another poster by any means they can think of.  

The point of the thread was to highlight something I though we had in common with MU and that maybe we could draw some paralells and that MU obviously had a few who were already against the new manager but that the majority were supportive.  Not particularly controversial really, or not meant to be.   One or two took time to comment on it but the rest of you have just tried to make it personal.  Congratulations. You succeeded.   Now kindly comment on the subject of the thread or perhaps you can find a different thread to comment on. 

[/quote]

You just called them plonkers ffs!!

Majority of Norwich City supporters I know (both close family and friends and the supporters I''ve met at home and away games) were quite prepared to give Hughton last season.

It really isnt harsh from the fans (this season) to want more from Hughton and actually when we we register good wins (like saturday) the people i know have given him lots of credit for getting the 3 points.

Stop criticising the supporters please LDC.

Big mouth on this Board LDC but you wouldnt last five minutes with real fans.

Carry on enjoying your delusion, but always remember that thats exactly what it is!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Lakey has always been a Wiz wannabe since he''s been on here, he tries hards but fails every time.

[/quote]

Hardly. If anything, he''s the Gandalf to your Saruman.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Hardly. If anything, he''s the Gandalf to your Saruman.[/quote]

Talking of Saruman, how is his loan spell going?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Feeling left out Wiz.  Ok - you''re a plonker too.

[/quote]Bl**dy hell. Only taken 4 pages for this page to turn into a slanging match and insult-fest.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Feeling left out Wiz.  Ok - you''re a plonker too.[/quote]Bl**dy hell. Only taken 4 pages for this page to turn into a slanging match and insult-fest.[/quote]Calling someone a "plonker" is hardly a slanging match.....[:)]

[quote user="Canarygirl"]See you at the Swansea game then. You can come along and give a sermon, im sure it will be well received![/quote]

Talking of Sermon, how is his loan spell going?