Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

WBA v Norwich 1972/73

I ruined my last attempt at this, compounded by some trolling by another poster, so here it is again:

WBA v Norwich

Great early seventies footage of another away win at the Hawthorns.Love the crowd chanting, I assume its the WBA fans - "Hockey is a werewolf" !

Ian Mellor was a bit ungainly; was that an intended shot?!

Loved seeing the Trevor Hockey footage - young players today simply wouldn''t understand how anyone could get away with playing like that. Don''t think many did back in the 70''s either!

Seem to recall Hockey insisted wearing high-sided rugby boots to make himself even tougher...

I think the "werewolf" chant was from the Norwich fans.  Would loved to have seen him play, he''d be red carded after three minutes these days.

That game was palyed on Easter Saturday, it was absolutely freezing sleet though most of the game. We were back in the West Midlands on the Monday losing to Wolves & then played Crystal Palace on the Tuesday when Dave Stringer  scored in the last minute to keep us up. The Wolves pitch was an absolute bog. 3 games in 4 days todays players wouldn''t know what hit them