Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Last 2yrs

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Sorry, Reggie, when was our worrying run this season? The worst I can see as far as runs are concerned is two instances of back to back defeats. We had back to back defeats against Chelsea and Arsenal, which isn''t exactly worrying, and a couple back to back against Tottenham and Aston Villa. Disappointing for sure, but hardly worrying.[/quote]Well, I''d say that when we slipped into the bottom 3 it was a bit worrying, YB.  In fact, I was one of the ones urging caution at the time, but several people really got their knickers in a twist about it ! But hey, there will always be key players in the uber positives that twist the facts though, won''t they?Nevertheless, I do not think that back to back wins is an unreasonable goal to have. we''ve not had one for a while, so Sun v Swansea would be a good time to start ?[/quote]Always a worry when you slip into the bottom three but it should have been noticed that 5 of our first 7 away games were at top 7 teams. The table can often be distorted in the early stages. Now that we are starting to get more of the lesser teams in our recent and upcoming fixtures a truer reflection of reality is becoming apparent.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Sorry, Reggie, when was our worrying run this season? The worst I can see as far as runs are concerned is two instances of back to back defeats. We had back to back defeats against Chelsea and Arsenal, which isn''t exactly worrying, and a couple back to back against Tottenham and Aston Villa. Disappointing for sure, but hardly worrying.[/quote]Well, I''d say that when we slipped into the bottom 3 it was a bit worrying, YB.  In fact, I was one of the ones urging caution at the time, but several people really got their knickers in a twist about it ! But hey, there will always be key players in the uber positives that twist the facts though, won''t they?Nevertheless, I do not think that back to back wins is an unreasonable goal to have. we''ve not had one for a while, so Sun v Swansea would be a good time to start ?[/quote]

You never disappoint do you Reg. You don''t get any extra points for back to back wins you know! We''ve won 5 games this season getting 15 points from them. Fulham have won 4 including back to back wins but still only got 12 points for them. That grass is always greener....

I would absolutely agree 100% I have seen every minute of every game and do not think we have looked convincing in any games.

Especially not for a full game.

I am happy to give CH the benefit of the doubt if he is getting results but would be very disappointed if the Directors of our club would allow us to have to put up with this season in season out and take the season ticket money.

We need to see progress and I hope that Hughton has seen the light and will start to play to the strengths of our strikers going forward.

From time to time we have been effective but I cannot recall us looking convincing. We defended well against Southampton but we were very lucky to score as with Stoke we created very little.