Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Going to sound thick here... re. RVW chant?

I haven''t missed a game this season yet, but I still can''t work out this chant! I can make out the ''''you signed freebies and we signed Wolfswinkel'''' bit, but not the rest of it! Cheers for any help!

I wonder how it feels to be ipswich I wonder how it feels to be small. You sign freebies we sign wolfswinkle.

It was definitely freebies. Interestingly the Man City chant ''you signed Phil Jones, we signed kun Aguero'' starts off as ''this is how it feels to be City'' - so both parts of the song are showing a comparison, no idea why someone thought it was good to start off with ''this is how it feels to be Ipswich'', it should be Norwich or City.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It was definitely freebies. Interestingly the Man City chant ''you signed Phil Jones, we signed kun Aguero'' starts off as ''this is how it feels to be City'' - so both parts of the song are showing a comparison, no idea why someone thought it was good to start off with ''this is how it feels to be Ipswich'', it should be Norwich or City.[/quote]tbf the man city one was a response to "wonder how it feels to be city, wonder how it feels to be small. wonder how it feels when your team wins nothing at all"

[quote user="iron_stan"]thats awful[/quote]yeah, how dare you think of any chants which aren''t ''Leroy, Leroy, Leroy,'' or  ''Hooper, Hooper, Hooper'', or is to the tune of ''Sloop John B''.Next thing you know you''ll be trying to sing songs in a pub before the match or swearing in the ground.

ncfcstar - United were the ones who began this chant: "This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small, this is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all". City created the Phil Jones one to take the piss. So, "This is how it feels to be Ipswich" is actually correct. Not that it really matters ha ha.

I''ve never heard anyone singing, anywhere because I don''t go and I watch all the streams with the volume down as I can''t hear them anyway, not when the wife is watching bargain hunt.