Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Swansea Hull match thread

I''d very much like to drag Swansea down the table. Southampton have taken their crown as the media luvvies favourite and I smell blood in the water. Time to put the boot in.

Had to be Danny Graham, always the way.

Hull are working really hard without the ball, putting Swansea under pressure when Swans have the ball. Swansea will give the ball away if pressed.

If we stand off like we have been doing we will play into their hands, if we put them under pressure and work hard off the ball then we should do well.

Got to say, I''m slightly impressed by how Hull have been doing.

Think a draw would be the best result for us from this one. If we hold onto the confidence from West Brom, I''''m hopeful we can take all three points on Saturday.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Good to know they have to back it up in the Europa league mid-week as well.Home banker on Sunday [;)][/quote]

No such thing in this league. Except when Norwich are visiting of course.[/quote]I''m sure that''s exactly how West Brom felt on Saturday as well [;)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Good to know they have to back it up in the Europa league mid-week as well.Home banker on Sunday [;)][/quote]

No such thing in this league. Except when Norwich are visiting of course.[/quote]

Well that''s funny because I could have sworn I went to the Hawthorns on saturday and saw a 2-0 win!

Maybe I dreamt it [;)]

The ghost of Michael Theoklitos wrote the following post at 09/12/2013 8:27 PM:

Good to know they have to back it up in the Europa league mid-week as well.

Home banker on Sunday

So their playing away in Europe on Thursday then us again on Sunday! nice one!

Those Hull players will deserve a rest at half time, their begining to drop too deep

[quote user="RvW''s 4 year contract"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Good to know they have to back it up in the Europa league mid-week as well.Home banker on Sunday [;)][/quote]

No such thing in this league. Except when Norwich are visiting of course.[/quote]

Well that''s funny because I could have sworn I went to the Hawthorns on saturday and saw a 2-0 win!

Maybe I dreamt it [;)]

Ouch.

ricardo wrote the following post at 09/12/2013 8:47 PM:

67% possession but not one shot on target.

Classic Swansea stat, we can do the same if we press them when they have the ball, keep them pushed up the field, the last thing we want to do is stand off, play deep, and let them develop the play.

I think Hull have slipped under the radar! Everyone thinks they should be a push over but they set themselves up very well! They defend as such a big unit and work so hard they are very difficult to break down! I think we missed out not going in for Davies!

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 09/12/2013 8:47 PM:

67% possession but not one shot on target.

Classic Swansea stat, we can do the same if we press them when they have the ball, keep them pushed up the field, the last thing we want to do is stand off, play deep, and let them develop the play.[/quote]Surely they can''t really be as poor as this first half showing. Hull have done very little but don''t have to with a goal lead. Swansea will lose this if they don''t up the pace.

Only so many rear-guard performances that Hull can get away with in a season.

Swansea playing Monday night, Thursday (?) and then against us on Sunday. Mnmm. Handy.

Huddleston''s fitness seems to be holding out. He was on our radar in the Summer I seem to remember. Many poo-pood the idea because of his physical problems but he might have been useful. Hull will miss him a lot if he does need time out. .

[quote user="manbearpig"]I think Hull have slipped under the radar! Everyone thinks they should be a push over but they set themselves up very well! They defend as such a big unit and work so hard they are very difficult to break down! I think we missed out not going in for Davies![/quote]

Let me get this straight. After a season of moans about ''negative'' Hughton, and working to build more offensive capability we now want a manager who is proving very good at parking the bus?

When did I say I wanted Steve Bruce or moan about Hughton? I was just making a statement on how well I believe Hull have been doing! We both have different aspirations for this season and "should" be at different levels!