Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

So which AM has he best Goals + Assists records from the smaller clubs accross Europe sign him up !

I have to admit I don''t watch a great deal of European Football but someone surely must have the stats for the European leagues ?

Would suggest maybe teams in the Europa League or outside top 3-4 in other leagues.

On our day I think we have most of the other

positions covered, especially if we were to use Whittaker as a DM.

A quality CB to give us competition there would also be a good idea.

Any Names ??

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Younes Kaboul is a player we get linked with allot because of Hughtons Spurs connections. He hasn''t had allot or if any first team football this year? Could well have a Bassong effect at a club like ours too... I''d have him.[/quote]

Surely we don''t have a hope in hell of signing him, he''s an incredible defender!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Younes Kaboul is a player we get linked with allot because of Hughtons Spurs connections. He hasn''t had allot or if any first team football this year? Could well have a Bassong effect at a club like ours too... I''d have him.[/quote] Surely we don''t have a hope in hell of signing him, he''s an incredible defender![/quote]

He''s also first choice alongside Dawson when fit - so there is no chance.

His contract also expires in the summer, so either they extend his contract in January or they cash in. If a team goes in with a strong bid they may well consider it, I think I remember Spurs doing the same to Holtby last year. AVB seems to rate Chriniches really highly too and Vertonghen has played at CB allot this season so you never know.

Also seems like he''s not been injured that much this season, but has played one league game, 6/7 European games and one in the league cup. I wouldn''t be surprised if he leaves Spurs in January for another team but I could be totally wrong.

Spurs agreed a free transfer with Holtby first and then once Shalke (i think) were resigned to losing him at the end of the season, they agreed he could go early for £1.5m.

So they basically payed that for a half season loan.

I can''t imagine Kaboul coming to us. If anything, he''ll go over to money bags monaco or swap to another elite european team though i reckon Spurs will tie him down soon.

I agree about the need for another central midfielder, in case of injury to Howson or Fer, and perhaps occasionally to play all three together.

I have no suggestions, but having seen the beef playing for WBA in the midfield I think we need someone with some brawn. At times on Saturday even Leroy struggled to out-muscle them. What we don''t need is another slight wide player.

In other words, to take some of the weight off the defence we need someone else in the midfield who can tackle, but also make decent passes. Am I describing Fer?

Maybe the answer is to play Fer as the AM and sign another DM. Would need to see a few games with him playing there to see if he really is the answer.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Maybe the answer is to play Fer as the AM and sign another DM. Would need to see a few games with him playing there to see if he really is the answer.[/quote]

Why play fer in an attacking midfield role when he breaks up play and contributes with goals and assists as is? Seems a bit pointless when your losing something and gaining nothing? If 1 midfielder is to step up to attacking its johnny Howson.

I agree with Howson as ACM for several reasons. One is that his work-rate is excellent and he gets back quickly once the ball is lost. Fer is slower getting back and that can leave the defence exposed. It''s his major weakness, IMO, and I''m a huge admirer of the rest of his game.

Norwich haven''t really been playing with an attacking midfielder since before the Stoke game - both Fer and Howson are expected to get forward but also track back and defend. The injury to Tettey meant neither could get as far forward due to a lack of cover behind them. Against Liverpool Fer played as DM and Johnson was allowed to get forward more.

Only Hoolahan is capable of playing the playmaker "No. 10" role currently at Norwich as Fer and Howson aren''t really this type of player. Pushing Fer further forward would negate his ability to tackle and control the midfield area. I think getting another DM is far more important than an AM at the moment - a more creative midfielder would be a great addition, but it would mean forcing both Howson and Fer further back to provide cover.

It''s between choosing to play 4-2-3-1 which requires a central playmaker or a 4-3-3 which requires playing a holding defensive player - personally I prefer the latter as it suits key players such as Fer, Howson and Snodgrass better - but with Tettey often injured Norwich lack the holding player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Norwich haven''t really been playing with an attacking midfielder since before the Stoke game - both Fer and Howson are expected to get forward but also track back and defend. The injury to Tettey meant neither could get as far forward due to a lack of cover behind them. Against Liverpool Fer played as DM and Johnson was allowed to get forward more.

Only Hoolahan is capable of playing the playmaker "No. 10" role currently at Norwich as Fer and Howson aren''t really this type of player. Pushing Fer further forward would negate his ability to tackle and control the midfield area. I think getting another DM is far more important than an AM at the moment - a more creative midfielder would be a great addition, but it would mean forcing both Howson and Fer further back to provide cover.

It''s between choosing to play 4-2-3-1 which requires a central playmaker or a 4-3-3 which requires playing a holding defensive player - personally I prefer the latter as it suits key players such as Fer, Howson and Snodgrass better - but with Tettey often injured Norwich lack the holding player.

[/quote]

Bethnal, your analysis is probably spot on, but that doesn''t mean it''s what Hughton is thinking!

He did spend (waste?) time in the summer trying to get a proper No. 10 in whathisname from Italy, so that kind of player could still be top of his shopping list.

A related factor could be that he has decided that Elmander isn''t working, and a No. 10 who weighs in with some goals would kills two birds with one whatsit.

This is assuming it is still Hughton...