Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so, who led the dresing room revolt and ignored Hughton today?

surely they will be given credit for the win?we only win when they ignore him it seems?I await a reply from the usual "enlightened"

It''s well known that West Brom have an LGV full of sand, a few deckchairs and sunloungers, and they drive it from ground to ground in case they need to use it.  The last time they used this "portable beach" was in Norwich in April, and they used it again today.Apparently they also subscribe to the belief that keeping Houghton in a job is the quickest way to get us relegated.  9 points from 5 games would suggest that may not be the case, but hey.

Rubbish, Mr C, these days no self respecting Premiership player can function without palm trees & a selection of lovelies gyrating to some popular beat combo performing in the background. You''re so 1950s in your outlook - typical ''li''l ol'' Naarwich''.

That''s how I imagine it anyway.

And Bah! Humbug! To you sir.

Completely agree!

I mean our amazing tactics and performance restricted West Brom to just 64% of possession, a mere 25 shots at our goal and only 11 on target.

We dominated the game and made West Brom look like a league 1 side.  Pure Genius!

An amazing result and one I am delighted with, but I am also under no illusions that tactics had very little to do with it and a great deal of fortune had everything to do with it!

I love having some good luck and we definately deserved some, however we cannot rely on it!

Here''s to a much needed and welcome 3 points, but a better performance is needed next weekend if we are to make it 2 in a row!

Snake

But when we played well and lost against teams like Chelsea and Arsenal we were told this is a results business and the good play was meaningless.

It is amusing that when we beat West Ham, Crystal Palace and now West Brom, it becomes all about the performance

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

Completely agree!

I mean our amazing tactics and performance restricted West Brom to just 64% of possession, a mere 25 shots at our goal and only 11 on target.

We dominated the game and made West Brom look like a league 1 side.  Pure Genius!

An amazing result and one I am delighted with, but I am also under no illusions that tactics had very little to do with it and a great deal of fortune had everything to do with it!

I love having some good luck and we definately deserved some, however we cannot rely on it!

Here''s to a much needed and welcome 3 points, but a better performance is needed next weekend if we are to make it 2 in a row!

Snake

[/quote]

THIS

It is a results business but snake is correct in that we were completely outplayed, especially in the second half.

Granted, their 60% possession in the first half generated no good scoring opportunities but we were lucky they didn''t knock in a few in the second half.

But a clean sheet on your he road is always great. A win, even better.

Although I''m happy with the one statistic that ultimately matters (0-2) only someone with a warped sense of reality could look at the possession and shots stats and not realise that on another day we could have lost, heavily. In some ways I see this as a reversal of luck on the Cardiff game, a game we dominated but failed to win. Today WBA dominated, but were undone by 2 superb finished and a fair dollup of bad fortune.But we make our own luck, it''s amazing how much of it we seem to make when we play a recognised striker up front and play decent balls through to him....

We outplayed Aston Villa at home for vast periods of the game, and lost.  This wasn''t good enough.Today, we were outplayed by West Brom for long periods of the game, and won.  Apparently, this isn''t good enough either.Who''d be a football manager?

This is the problem Mister. When Villa mugged us it was all credit to Lambo. But a better performance by Hughton at WBA is put down to luck....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This is the problem Mister. When Villa mugged us it was all credit to Lambo. But a better performance by Hughton at WBA is put down to luck....

[/quote]

Yeah, I get it.

West Brom (A) - player rebellion

Man City (A) - Beach

Stoke (A) - Awful Stoke City team

Southampton (H) - Lucky

West Ham (H) - lost the first half, pathetic display

Crystal Palace (H) - dreadful side, a team of kids could have beaten them, they even dared have attempts on goal

West Brom (A) - Lucky, should have lost

[quote user="The gut"]If the dressing room was revolting then there''s a good chance Poyet was involved.[/quote]Snigger... [:)]

Re: so, who led the dresing room revolt and ignored Hughton today?I believe it was this chap AKA the Monocled Hughtoneer.[img]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/304x171/p01fzg7g.jpg[/img]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]surely they will be given credit for the win?we only win when they ignore him it seems?I await a reply from the usual "enlightened"[/quote]oh dearoh dearie, dear mewhat next  ?Father Christmas is real, and it must be true because you saw him in Debenhams todayIf you are going to bleat out this silly claims then at least have a bit of accuracy. NO ONE ever stated that someone (a player) led a revolt merely that the players choose to play how they wanted, which was clearly different to the dire tactics of before. An action that even Hughton had admiited after another game (Everton) ie the players wanted to win rather than settle for the draw he would wanted.If you naively belief that there isn''t disagreement from the players over Hughton''s tactics then why have Holt, Snodgrass and Ruddy openly spoke out about the problem ? Why did Fer chose to avoid Hughton when he ran the to the touchline to celebrate his goal against WHU.If these tactics are so great and should be adhered to, why have so many been slowly dropped. Why is the play slowly moving towards the way the team played against West Brom and Everton last season. Hughton has had a change of mind, perhaps ? If so why ?The problem is however that the team may not evolve fast enough away from his dire tactics to not only keep us up, but to hold onto the ''better'' players. Playing this ''zonal'' shite will get us punished, just as it''s consequent tactic of sitting off the opposition will as well. It might work against some of the lower teams but allowing world class players time on the ball will see us hammered every time. You only had to watch Ruddy today to see what he thinks of this nonsense .... the gist of his ''comments'' being ''get further up the pitch''.The real question is how long will Hughton be here, to be ignored or not ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]surely they will be given credit for the win?we only win when they ignore him it seems?I await a reply from the usual "enlightened"[/quote]oh dearoh dearie, dear mewhat next  ?Father Christmas is real, and it must be true because you saw him in Debenhams todayIf you are going to bleat out this silly claims then at least have a bit of accuracy. NO ONE ever stated that someone (a player) led a revolt merely that the players choose to play how they wanted, which was clearly different to the dire tactics of before. An action that even Hughton had admiited after another game (Everton) ie the players wanted to win rather than settle for the draw he would wanted.If you naively belief that there isn''t disagreement from the players over Hughton''s tactics then why have Holt, Snodgrass and Ruddy openly spoke out about the problem ? Why did Fer chose to avoid Hughton when he ran the to the touchline to celebrate his goal against WHU.If these tactics are so great and should be adhered to, why have so many been slowly dropped. Why is the play slowly moving towards the way the team played against West Brom and Everton last season. Hughton has had a change of mind, perhaps ? If so why ?The problem is however that the team may not evolve fast enough away from his dire tactics to not only keep us up, but to hold onto the ''better'' players. Playing this ''zonal'' shite will get us punished, just as it''s consequent tactic of sitting off the opposition will as well. It might work against some of the lower teams but allowing world class players time on the ball will see us hammered every time. You only had to watch Ruddy today to see what he thinks of this nonsense .... the gist of his ''comments'' being ''get further up the pitch''.The real question is how long will Hughton be here, to be ignored or not ?[/quote]

What does 2 + 2 = ,  City 1st  ??  [:^)]

It does make me laugh when people say something like "Why did Fer chose to avoid Hughton when he ran the to the touchline to celebrate his goal against WHU." as a fact.

I suppose you and your special source have spoken to Fer, and found out that was his actual thought process. he though "I''m going to ignore the gaffa, that will show him" instead of "my captain has been a great friend to me since my arrival and I want to celebrate my first league goal with him"

not saying either are right or wrong. but the way you word your posts annoy the absolute shite out of me.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]surely they will be given credit for the win?we only win when they ignore him it seems?I await a reply from the usual "enlightened"[/quote]oh dearoh dearie, dear mewhat next  ?Father Christmas is real, and it must be true because you saw him in Debenhams todayIf you are going to bleat out this silly claims then at least have a bit of accuracy. NO ONE ever stated that someone (a player) led a revolt merely that the players choose to play how they wanted, which was clearly different to the dire tactics of before. An action that even Hughton had admiited after another game (Everton) ie the players wanted to win rather than settle for the draw he would wanted.If you naively belief that there isn''t disagreement from the players over Hughton''s tactics then why have Holt, Snodgrass and Ruddy openly spoke out about the problem ? Why did Fer chose to avoid Hughton when he ran the to the touchline to celebrate his goal against WHU.If these tactics are so great and should be adhered to, why have so many been slowly dropped. Why is the play slowly moving towards the way the team played against West Brom and Everton last season. Hughton has had a change of mind, perhaps ? If so why ?The problem is however that the team may not evolve fast enough away from his dire tactics to not only keep us up, but to hold onto the ''better'' players. Playing this ''zonal'' shite will get us punished, just as it''s consequent tactic of sitting off the opposition will as well. It might work against some of the lower teams but allowing world class players time on the ball will see us hammered every time. You only had to watch Ruddy today to see what he thinks of this nonsense .... the gist of his ''comments'' being ''get further up the pitch''.The real question is how long will Hughton be here, to be ignored or not ?

[/quote]Hiya Mr P  [:D]

that dreadful palace side; only lost one game in 5, and only conceded on goal in 5 games too - when the luck is with us...

Interesting celebration with the subs for the second goal, a firm manly handshake, none of this hugging nonsense, shows a great deal of respect between the manager and the players.

---nutty nigel: This is the problem Mister. When Villa mugged us it was all credit to Lambo. But a better performance by Hughton at WBA is put down to luck....

The things is I don''t think we were mugged by Villa, and similarly the West Brom result. For all our possession against Villa, we had 12 shots 1 on target, they managed 16 with 4 on target.

In the end the Lambertesque tactics involve riding your luck a little, as you concede the majority of possession. But they rely on the fact the chances you create on the counter are better than the chances the other side create against your packed defence.

The best thing about yesterday, was the quality of the chances we created.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]surely they will be given credit for the win?we only win when they ignore him it seems?I await a reply from the usual "enlightened"[/quote]oh dearoh dearie, dear mewhat next  ?Father Christmas is real, and it must be true because you saw him in Debenhams todayIf you are going to bleat out this silly claims then at least have a bit of accuracy. NO ONE ever stated that someone (a player) led a revolt merely that the players choose to play how they wanted, which was clearly different to the dire tactics of before. An action that even Hughton had admiited after another game (Everton) ie the players wanted to win rather than settle for the draw he would wanted.If you naively belief that there isn''t disagreement from the players over Hughton''s tactics then why have Holt, Snodgrass and Ruddy openly spoke out about the problem ? Why did Fer chose to avoid Hughton when he ran the to the touchline to celebrate his goal against WHU.If these tactics are so great and should be adhered to, why have so many been slowly dropped. Why is the play slowly moving towards the way the team played against West Brom and Everton last season. Hughton has had a change of mind, perhaps ? If so why ?The problem is however that the team may not evolve fast enough away from his dire tactics to not only keep us up, but to hold onto the ''better'' players. Playing this ''zonal'' shite will get us punished, just as it''s consequent tactic of sitting off the opposition will as well. It might work against some of the lower teams but allowing world class players time on the ball will see us hammered every time. You only had to watch Ruddy today to see what he thinks of this nonsense .... the gist of his ''comments'' being ''get further up the pitch''.The real question is how long will Hughton be here, to be ignored or not ?

[/quote]
Although there''s plenty wrong with your post, as per, i guess i''ll focus on one thing just for giggles. The bit in bold.
A goalkeeper encouraged his team to step up and his back line to move forward? Uhh...i don''t know if you actually watch football or not but if you did i think you''ll find that the general pretence of pretty much every goalkeeper in every league - to encourage the back line to push out, especially when the other team has just had a corner or some kind of pressure.

To clarify -the original comment was from a City player (still current)there was no leader as claimed, there was however a general consensus that they were likely to be relegated under the ultra defensive tactics of Hughton, hence the change of play against WBAthere is still much ''disagreement'' within the squad about Hughton''s tactics

as to what is going on I would point you towards Bechios''s comments in the media - something that would normally have seen the player fined and/or reduced to training with the stiffs, more so given McNally''s harsh regime ..... but no, he is almost immediately given game time which despite the need given Bennett, Snodgrass and Pilk''s injuries it hardly supports Hughton''s authorityas to what I know of football then I will say as before, I played football at what was known then semi professional, hence my not ever posting up comments about the games I attended in the late 70''s early 80''s, I''ve kept in contact with a number of folk from those days, many who are now in management/coaching etc in the local leagues - it is a small world and I know whose words I trust and I can usually know from where their sources comeas to ''old man'' then yes I am in my mid fifties but would hardly consider myself old as I still regularly play 5 a side football, beach volleyball in the summer and have no trouble with a half marathonthe forum is often a good place for having a bit of banter, more so as the work I do now allows for quite a bit of ''free time'', however it has become rather stuck in the mud pro/anti Hughton... more so when there is a recalterant minority whose heads appears to be firmly stuck in that mud and disturbingly there appears to be one or two who are taking things far, far too seriously ie ranting and raving at 7.30 on a Sunday morning ... I cannot imagine a good reason to even be awake at that ungodly hour of the morning never mind frothing at the mouth at some fellow I have never metthat''s about it, I have no axe to grind against the club ...... far from it, and I am very well aware of what I have posted can be thrown back at me if events prove otherwise, they won''t however today''s revelations about Sodje should demonstrate that not is all as it seems in football (or sport in general) and maybe folk should ask why the press went ''after him'' ................. had someone been talking perhaps, had a fellow player(s) said something maybe ?and perhaps conclude that just because it is not out in the open doesn''t mean that it hasn''t happened and that others are not aware of it

City1st has many good posts in this forum, most of which I agree completely.

It happens to be that I am in my early 40´s, and claim to "know my football", although some of the spoiled brats in this forum seem to think otherwise.

So, when City1st says there is an unrest in the squad, mainly due to poor tactics, and also ignoration of fringe players, I believe him. SIgns have been there for a long time, at least since Feb 2013, maybe earlier.

A few lucky wins, like this WBA win, won''t change my perception of Hughton. He has, in my eyes, probably lost at least 50% of the dressing room.

Hughton "demanded a response" from the players in last nights game, and he got the result. He did not get the performance, however, and those of us who look a bit behind results will see this.

The 18-25yr olds in this forum don''t, all they see is a win, and thats it.

Long term we will have to see much improved play and game plans from our boys to get results. We will not be so lucky next time, and can not expect teams to not score against us when they have 64% possession and 27 shots.

[quote user="grefstad"]City1st has many good posts in this forum, most of which I agree completely.

It happens to be that I am in my early 40´s, and claim to "know my football", although some of the spoiled brats in this forum seem to think otherwise.

So, when City1st says there is an unrest in the squad, mainly due to poor tactics, and also ignoration of fringe players, I believe him. SIgns have been there for a long time, at least since Feb 2013, maybe earlier.

A few lucky wins, like this WBA win, won''t change my perception of Hughton. He has, in my eyes, probably lost at least 50% of the dressing room.

Hughton "demanded a response" from the players in last nights game, and he got the result. He did not get the performance, however, and those of us who look a bit behind results will see this.

The 18-25yr olds in this forum don''t, all they see is a win, and thats it.

Long term we will have to see much improved play and game plans from our boys to get results. We will not be so lucky next time, and can not expect teams to not score against us when they have 64% possession and 27 shots.[/quote]You mean like we did against Cardiff?