Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

a win next week....

Could quite easily put us 10th.

We''d go above Swansea, Villa play Man U who will probs be back to winning ways and Hull play stoke where a draw there would leave us a win away from overtaking both of them!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Could quite easily put us 10th.

We''d go above Swansea, Villa play Man U who will probs be back to winning ways and Hull play stoke where a draw there would leave us a win away from overtaking both of them![/quote]There is little between about a dozen teams that sit above the trap door. Anyone having a bad 4 or 5 game run will find themselves in trouble.

I was just to post a thread about the possibility of us being 10th at the weekend. It''s conditional on three results.

We beat Swansea.

Man U beat Aston Villa

Stoke draw with Hull.

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Hope we can play with a little confidence next week, then maybe we can all start being a bit more positive.[/quote]

We haven''t been convincing in any game all season. Well not completely. You know, from start to finish without a break. And we haven''t looked like scoring in the games we have scored in so imagine how unlikely we look to score when we don''t score?

If we win on Sunday with over 90% possession, score in both halves, keep a clean sheet and the matchday pie is lamb and mint, then, ONLY THEN will I think that we could potentially finish 19th.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Hope we can play with a little confidence next week, then maybe we can all start being a bit more positive.[/quote]

We haven''t been convincing in any game all season. Well not completely. You know, from start to finish without a break. And we haven''t looked like scoring in the games we have scored in so imagine how unlikely we look to score when we don''t score?

If we win on Sunday with over 90% possession, score in both halves, keep a clean sheet and the matchday pie is lamb and mint, then, ONLY THEN will I think that we could potentially finish 19th.[/quote]That''s the spirit! [:S]

I''m a bit worried that we may be ''enjoying mid-table mediocrity'' sooner than planned and that McNally has got it totally wrong.

Depends if you are a half full, half empty supporter I guess. If we have looked unconvincing in every game we have played then we have gained a lot of points for a team that has not fired on all cylinders once. If we get a few more of those cylinders firing, which I think we will with the return of key players to full fitness and some of our new signings getting even more settled the points total will be even healthier. I look forward to it :)

I doubt that City will ever live up to the over-expectations that some people have. With 5 key players out injured, Hooper missing the first 6 games through injury. This is a critical time for the future of the club, yet some people still expect City to go out and dazzle their PL opponents every week.

Having said that though, the Swansea game does offer a great opportunity. Having played last night, they have another game in Switzerland on Thursday. They looked a bit jaded last night and also lose Chico Flores for Sunday through suspension. Bony is out but Michu will play. A win could send City to 10th, so surely this is the time to get behind the team and make CR a fortress.

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]Depends if you are a half full, half empty supporter I guess. If we have looked unconvincing in every game we have played then we have gained a lot of points for a team that has not fired on all cylinders once. If we get a few more of those cylinders firing, which I think we will with the return of key players to full fitness and some of our new signings getting even more settled the points total will be even healthier. I look forward to it :)[/quote]

This is what the glass half empty people often don''t get.   Teams never play the same all the time.  The standard of play varies from month to month, week to week and even game to game.  Apparently  we haven''t been playing well for a whole year - but we  have still been successful - the mark of a good team is that it still gets results when its not playing well.  We have potential in abundance, we know that and the future looks good as those players, as you say, get settled and fully fit.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hertfordyellow"]Depends if you are a half full, half empty supporter I guess. If we have looked unconvincing in every game we have played then we have gained a lot of points for a team that has not fired on all cylinders once. If we get a few more of those cylinders firing, which I think we will with the return of key players to full fitness and some of our new signings getting even more settled the points total will be even healthier. I look forward to it :)[/quote]

This is what the glass half empty people often don''t get.   Teams never play the same all the time.  The standard of play varies from month to month, week to week and even game to game.  Apparently  we haven''t been playing well for a whole year - but we  have still been successful - the mark of a good team is that it still gets results when its not playing well.  We have potential in abundance, we know that and the future looks good as those players, as you say, get settled and fully fit.  

[/quote]And this doesn''t just mean us but also the opposition too. Sometimes an easier game on paper is actually difficult because of the timing of the fixture and visa versa. People jump up and down about the  Hull away result but they came into this league on a high and performed without fear, it''s the second half of the season that probably will see them struggle. It was a good time on the other hand to play Everton for us before they started firing on all cylinders, they are a much more impressive side now. If you look at the impact of Tony Pulis on Palace recently it shows that when we played them was terrible timing of the fixture for us and we still won, wasn''t pretty but still won, Cardiff and West Ham didn''t get a point.

The West Brom win was important for a lot of reasons: recovery from the defeat at Liverpool, a very welcome away win, another clean sheet away from home and two excellent goals during a whole-hearted effort. It also takes the team into the final 4 games of the first half of the season with a opportunity for crucial points to pass the 20 mark as we await the 5 players returning from injury. Now is the time to move forward.

seven points out of the next four games is definitely doable, that would leave us on 24 points at the half way stage and in a great position to consolidate in the new year