Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Elmander thoughts?

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Elmander will never get the recognition he deserves. when he plays up top he is doing a lot of the dirty work to try and get the chances for hooper and the others.[/quote]This.

I heard people giving him a lot of stick on saturday whereas I thought he played quite well and linked up well with Hoops.

I think the fans should give him a bit more respect and not cheer when he gets substituted. The decent thing to do is applaud him off and cheer when Becchio comes on if you really want to.

Elmander''s two goals against Bury were class and it was unfortunate that he has not looked like repeating them in the League.

I think his current value to the team is epitomised by his winning a corner in the first minute against Palace by harrying the defender and eventually playing the ball off his shins.

He has the ability and he is very street wise as you''d expect from someone who has played over 70 internationals and been in the Champions League.

I think he brings a lot to the team including graft and balance. He is not as valuable as Tettey but he plays a similar unglamorous but useful role. If the figures are correct, we sold an unhappy Holt, signed Elmander and made over a £1m as well. Good business in my view.

Finally, I don''t understand why so many posters don''t seem to understand his situation. It''s all been on here and on the PinkUn. He is on loan for the season. His contract expires at the end of this season so if he signs it will be on a Bosman. If he doesn''t then he walks away.

[quote user="iron_stan"]holt or morisson could have done the job better or equally as well, even if only for one more season

[/quote]Morrisson is really scoring for fun at Mill Wall................

The reason people don''t like him is because they have a hard on for Becchio. They transplant the angst they have towards Hughton for not playing Cody to Johan.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Elmander''s two goals against Bury were class and it was unfortunate that he has not looked like repeating them in the League.

I think his current value to the team is epitomised by his winning a corner in the first minute against Palace by harrying the defender and eventually playing the ball off his shins.

He has the ability and he is very street wise as you''d expect from someone who has played over 70 internationals and been in the Champions League.

I think he brings a lot to the team including graft and balance. He is not as valuable as Tettey but he plays a similar unglamorous but useful role. If the figures are correct, we sold an unhappy Holt, signed Elmander and made over a £1m as well. Good business in my view.

Finally, I don''t understand why so many posters don''t seem to understand his situation. It''s all been on here and on the PinkUn. He is on loan for the season. His contract expires at the end of this season so if he signs it will be on a Bosman. If he doesn''t then he walks away.[/quote]

Just because he''s loaned doesn''t mean he''s free. And McNally actually made reference to the astronomical wages being paid in Turkey at the fans forum in October.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

plays as 2nd striker to one of the best players in the world for his country...

ponder that thought for a minute.....

[/quote]It''s an interesting observation. Is your theory that he provides a complementary foil that enhances the performance of the other striker up front rather than actually being there to score goals himself?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Elmander''s two goals against Bury were class and it was unfortunate that he has not looked like repeating them in the League.

Finally, I don''t understand why so many posters don''t seem to understand his situation. It''s all been on here and on the PinkUn. He is on loan for the season. His contract expires at the end of this season so if he signs it will be on a Bosman. If he doesn''t then he walks away.[/quote]

Just because he''s loaned doesn''t mean he''s free. And McNally actually made reference to the astronomical wages being paid in Turkey at the fans forum in October.

[/quote]

Where have I said he was free? I mentioned £1m profit and that''s the quoted£ 1.4m for Elmander and £2.5 for Holt.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Where have I said he was free? I mentioned £1m profit and that''s the quoted£ 1.4m for Elmander and £2.5 for Holt.[/quote]

Sorry buddy, I misread your post.

I wouldn''t be surprised if there isn''t much between the costs of the two of them come the end of the season.