Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Swansea Game

Over recent seasons we have had the rub of the green a bit against them. They are suffering from Europa league syndrome but are still a very talented side on their day. I think we are fortunate that they played Monday night and will be away in Europe again on Thursday. We cannot be at all complacent but we should get something from this game, hopefully a win

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Over recent seasons we have had the rub of the green a bit against them. They are suffering from Europa league syndrome but are still a very talented side on their day. I think we are fortunate that they played Monday night and will be away in Europe again on Thursday. We cannot be at all complacent but we should get something from this game, hopefully a win[/quote]
Chico is suspended too right? I''m hoping for a win now despite saying I thought both them and West Brom we beyond us ability wise. I never saw that 2-0 win at the Hawthorns coming, and had no idea Swansea had 2 fixtures in 6 days before playing us. It''s all good news.

Bony was injured last time out and even if he does make a quick return against us, i reckon he''ll be from the bench. Chico is suspended and Michu isn''t doing too well this season. What a shame it''d be if they picked up one or two more little niggles tomorrow night...

Swansea are having a similar season to us so far, inconsistent, 2 points above us. A game we should be aiming for 3 points but certainly not one to be complacent about.

When were these games that we had "the rub of the green" against them? Under Lambert we outplayed them, ditto last year at their place while at home it was an even game that we drew.

Its nice to see them playing monday night, then an away trip to switzerland on a thursday evening, then travelling here for a game sunday. Bony & Vorm injured, Chico suspended. Hopefully will all play into our hands.

In Europa need to play 6 who played in previous match but they need at least a point Thursday to be sure of progressing. Expect most of Monday nights team to play. Michu not match fit after injury, Bony not on bench. And bench was not particularly strong not great deal of experience in Prem.

A win definitely on cards for Sunday.

Fer performances dropping off recently maybe in need of a rest has played almost all City games plus Netherlands. However unlikely until FA Cup game and if he does likely Fulham win that day.

I love the way this message board changes. One minute we''ve no chance against WBA and Swansea. .. Now we''re just going to roll them over

The key point about Swansea is that like us they''ve been inconsistent. A lot depends on which Swansea team turns up on Sunday.

Every little helps: (From BBC):

Swansea''s preparation for their final Europa League group match against St Gallen was disrupted as their departure was severely delayed on Wednesday.

The Premier League side had planned a 1000 GMT departure from Cardiff Airport but fog meant that was not possible. A subsequent technical issue with the aeroplane Swansea had been due to leave on pushed back the departure time even further.

Club officials confirm the team are not expected to leave until 1630 GMT at the earliest.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''d be nice to go above the little Swansealona media darlings, that''d shut a few people up![/quote]

Agreed but for the media this season it''s out with the Swansealona and in with Southamptonlona.

Who next season?

If we do get a result I expect that the odious little nobody Dyer will be running to the press again complaining once more how he was bullied by the nasty big boys from Norwich.