Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Binners at it again

EADT: “We are having to readdress our next six months’ cash flow due to being let down by a debtor and are requesting assistance from you in this regard. Given our circumstances would you be prepared to accept the following revised payment terms for your invoices?”

How many local companies did they let down back in the day? Heavily in debt, about time they got knocked down a peg or two because it''s happening all over again. Other clubs have had to suffer similar, sod them being our local rivals.

[quote user="Thorny"]How many local companies did they let down back in the day? Heavily in debt, about time they got knocked down a peg or two because it''s happening all over again. [/quote]err, pretty much none ..... that was the whole problemThe red faced shyster was telling all and sundry that everything was fine, they could carry on supplying goods and services and they would be paid. A number claimed that he spoke with them personally to assure them of payment.This was not in ''a day'' either. Sheepshanks had got up on his hind legs at the club''s AGM in Dec 2002 to tell the gathered dimwits that everything was fine, no financial worries etc yet they were already stiffing the Inland Revenue and months behind in payments to various companies who had worked on the ground redevelopment.This is a different case in that anyone getting caught out after this warning will really only have themselves to blame, whereas in 2002/3 they were trading with the club on the basis of assurances from the club''s chairman.

As to the present, it merely underlines what I said a few days back. We cannot be certain about what is really going on behind the scenes financially at poorman road - other than this guff about Evans ''pumping money into the club'' is no more than ludicrous twaddle. The suggestion I heard earlier that the money owed is from another part of ME would, if true, be rather disturbing, as for one I cannot see what another part of ME would owe the club money for. Surely if the amounts mentioned are so small in relation to the supposed millions ME is ''pumping in'' then why has ME not advanced the money against later payment from the club ? The fallout and loss of face and confidence in the club cannot be worth the pennies involved here ?When the training ground was transfered to ME (Guernsey) by sleight of hand it was defended as being for tax reasons ...... reasons that apparently had not occurred to them in the 5 years previous. What the true intent is we can only speculate at, but what we can know is that ME is using the club as part of a wider tax avoidance scheme. Perhaps our impoverished neighbours could try Wonga ................................................... they could always use their ground and training ground as collateral ........ oh, I forgotpoor old paupers

Here''s a comment after the EADT article from a contributor called "BlueArgyll"...

"All this wiffle-waffle amuses me. Is it not faairly certain that the Debtor is the Marcus Evans Group failing to pay Town the promised money for putting Marcus Evans on their shirts?"

You gotta love the mess they''re in. Of course it may not contain even a grain of truth. If bluemike was ever around we could ask him...

Bury Yellow wrote the following post at 10/12/2013 7:15 PM:

I had a whiff of this weeks ago.

Makes TWTD take on a whole new meaning. Ha Ha

All is quite good in the fine town of Bury!!

Apart from in the hospital so I hear Bury?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Here''s a comment after the EADT article from a contributor called "BlueArgyll"...

"All this wiffle-waffle amuses me. Is it not faairly certain that the Debtor is the Marcus Evans Group failing to pay Town the promised money for putting Marcus Evans on their shirts?"

You gotta love the mess they''re in. Of course it may not contain even a grain of truth. If bluemike was ever around we could ask him...

[/quote]One might ask this dimwitted rustic how is it that there is such a thing as a debtor, given that their one constant bleat is that there is no debt as it is all the same owner.Of course it could be that other parts of the club have been hived off as with the training ground and monies are being paid to this part of the group rather than direct to the club.Why this might be who can tell, but you would think that even the dimmest of dim binner might ask why this supposed ''hinvestor'' who is allegedly ''pumping money into the club'' should baulk at putting in a few more coppers to spare the paupers from this embarrassing situation.Perhaps it could be that all theses supposed millions upon millions (that don''t appear to be seen in the quality of signings) are merely paper transactions that see poorman road as no more than a tax avoidance scheme - one that might one day have to be rolled up if HM Revenue closes that particular loophole.If there were to be any such action then I would suspect that Evans will merely transfer what is left into various offshore companies and pull the plug on the rest ...... those trading with the club.poor old paupers

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Elton John''s going to record a charity single to raise money for Ipswich Town FC.It''s called "Scandal in the Bin".[/quote]

I heard Ethiopia are having a rock concert to raise funds for the Town (not just the football club)

It''s hard to feel sorry for the people who are owed money though. It was common knowledge that the binners soon found £250,000 to pay off some of Chopra''s gambling debts some of which was found in a car connected to class A drugs. Yet they didn''t pay their rent to the council. Would you have given them credit?

To think of the cr@p the likes of bluemike would write about the good honest people who run our club. No wonder they''re never seen on here anymore. At least not in a way we can recognise them....

Oh they are here Nutty nutster but keeping their heads below the trenches. Even with our form as its been lately they are not daring to have a little gloat because they know they are sailing back up sh it creek again.

[quote user="City1st"]Blue Mike

[/quote]I miss BlueMike. All of us on here can be relied upon to spout some tripe from time to time. And I mean ALL of us. But when BlueMike and his pals used to come on here and offer their pearls of wisdom (sic) it merely went to prove how , in the tosh stakes, the rest of us ware just playing at it.Nigel, you supposedly are a man who has his ear to the ground. Have you had no contact from BM and his cohorts ?

I think many of us may have had contact with bluemike or his cohorts. They probably still post on here under some kind of joke identity because being blue whatever would embarrass them. They would post anti-Norwich drivel and get satisfaction from genuine City fans agreeing with them.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Elton John''s going to record a charity single to raise money for Ipswich Town FC.It''s called "Scandal in the Bin".[/quote]and the  b sideand  i guess thats why they call us the blueswe got no dosh , will you take iou''s if you want your money go suck  your own todgerskiss our @ss  st johnswe''re the debt dodgersand i guess thats why tey call us the blues