Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Napoli and Lazio after Leroy Fer.

My concern is that Hughton doesn''t have the credibility to convince Fer that we can go further in the league. I see him as a one season wonder and will move on. If the Messiah was still in charge I would have more confidence that he would stay

[quote user="Waveney canary"]My concern is that Hughton doesn''t have the credibility to convince Fer that we can go further in the league. I see him as a one season wonder and will move on. If the Messiah was still in charge I would have more confidence that he would stay[/quote]

My concern is that we have "fans" who continually try to undermine a highly respected manager who has brought people in BECAUSE of who he is - Bassong and Redmond to name two - or would you rather we didn''t have those players?  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Waveney canary"]My concern is that Hughton doesn''t have the credibility to convince Fer that we can go further in the league. I see him as a one season wonder and will move on. If the Messiah was still in charge I would have more confidence that he would stay[/quote]

My concern is that we have "fans" who continually try to undermine a highly respected manager who has brought people in BECAUSE of who he is - Bassong and Redmond to name two - or would you rather we didn''t have those players?  

[/quote]

My concern is that here you are(yet again) on a good thread worthy of debate having another go at Norwich fans FFS. [:@]

My view is that Fer will be going nowhere this season and probably not next if we are in the Premiership.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Waveney canary"]My concern is that Hughton doesn''t have the credibility to convince Fer that we can go further in the league. I see him as a one season wonder and will move on. If the Messiah was still in charge I would have more confidence that he would stay[/quote]My concern is that we have "fans" who continually try to undermine a highly respected manager who has brought people in BECAUSE of who he is - Bassong and Redmond to name two - or would you rather we didn''t have those players?   [/quote]

My concern is that here you are(yet again) on a good thread worthy of debate having another go at Norwich fans FFS. [:@]

My view is that Fer will be going nowhere this season and probably not next if we are in the Premiership.

[/quote]My other concern is that we have posters on here who see it as their role to police what other posters write.  I answered Waveney''s point with a footballing example of why imo Hughton has credibility.   Waveney  has a history of not giving Hughton one ounce of credit for anything.   There is nothing wrong with picking him up on it imo.  

You have to ask the question ''what can we offer him?'' With us, all he gets to be honest is a guaranteed start for what is perceived to be a small club in world football. We give him a platform to play regularly at this level. If he has belief in his own ability (something a decent world cup would give him) then he could be confident of that at a bigger club. If he fails to make the world cup squad, he might be thinking he needs to play for a bigger side, that regular Premiership football for a minnow doesnt raise his profile enough. Those sides can offer him European football, more money, more ambition, more status. He''s not going to get that with us especially with the board lukewarm to the prospect of European football. If he wants to go, cant see us keeping hold of him

Lakey, do you ever, even in your wildest dreams , think that Hughton, other managers, players or agents, read or take any notice of what you, I or anyone else writes on forums such as this ??!!Are you seriously saying that "player/agent X" spends hours poring over PinkUn and says.." that nasty Reggie, City First, Waveney etc etc" are all undermining nice Mr Hughton, so it''s no good us signing a contract there ? If only they were all like that enlightened Lakey, Nigel and co."Please get real.

You have to remember he''s only played dutch league until now, so we are a step up for him. He now gets regular international football and barring injury, he''s on the plane to Brazil. While that''s the case, i don''t think he''ll be leaving. It doesn''t surprise he that he''s attracting big interest though. I reckon the entire premiership is watching him, Chelsea and Man City included.

Maybe in summer if someone comes in with incredibly stupid money than we might sell.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Lakey, do you ever, even in your wildest dreams , think that Hughton, other managers, players or agents, read or take any notice of what you, I or anyone else writes on forums such as this ??!!Are you seriously saying that "player/agent X" spends hours poring over PinkUn and says.." that nasty Reggie, City First, Waveney etc etc" are all undermining nice Mr Hughton, so it''s no good us signing a contract there ? If only they were all like that enlightened Lakey, Nigel and co."Please get real.[/quote]

I couldn''t give a flying f*rt what you or Til think of what I post.  Closed minded people running down the manager at every opportunity for the sake of it for me makes for tedious reading.  You may find me tedious, but, frankly, I couldn''t care less.  If you just want a one sided board, then us fans who want to have a balanced view of things should just stay away I suppose, leave it to all of you who obviously know better..............

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You have to remember he''s only played dutch league until now, so we are a step up for him. He now gets regular international football and barring injury, he''s on the plane to Brazil. While that''s the case, i don''t think he''ll be leaving. It doesn''t surprise he that he''s attracting big interest though. I reckon the entire premiership is watching him, Chelsea and Man City included. Maybe in summer if someone comes in with incredibly stupid money than we might sell.[/quote]

He''s been getting international football due to injuries to other Dutch players - he only made the last squad as a last minute replacement, he isn''t expected to go to Brazil, unless he has a great second half of the season or injuries effect Holland. This is of course good news for Norwich as he''ll have extra incentive to perform well.

I hope there isn''t a clause in his contract that means he can leave for a Champions League club, although he''ll need to show more consitency across 90 mins before any of the large English teams make a move for him.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Waveney canary"]My concern is that Hughton doesn''t have the credibility to convince Fer that we can go further in the league. I see him as a one season wonder and will move on. If the Messiah was still in charge I would have more confidence that he would stay[/quote]

[/quote]As per normal, Lakey, your rant completely misees the point I was making. In the quote above you were suggesting that the undermining by this board would put good players off joining us or staying with us. And I maintain that is arrogant twaddle.Of course I realise that you (and notable others) have absolutely no regard to what others of a different opinion have said or will say on this board. You did not have to say it. We all knew it anyway.

One of the reasons I presume Fer came to Norwich was he thought it would enhance his career.   If we improve to the stage that we are up towards the top half of the table, it would give him - and the others more incentive to stay here, rather than seek new pastures.  Ultimately it''s part of the development of our club - but in reality is the 64,000$ question.   Improve and we are more likely to keep players and attract better ones, struggle and we will likely lose the better players to clubs higher up. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Lakey, do you ever, even in your wildest dreams , think that Hughton, other managers, players or agents, read or take any notice of what you, I or anyone else writes on forums such as this ??!!

Are you seriously saying that "player/agent X" spends hours poring over PinkUn and says.." that nasty Reggie, City First, Waveney etc etc" are all undermining nice Mr Hughton, so it''s no good us signing a contract there ? If only they were all like that enlightened Lakey, Nigel and co."

Please get real.
[/quote]

I couldn''t give a flying f*rt what you or Til think of what I post.  Closed minded people running down the manager at every opportunity for the sake of it for me makes for tedious reading.  You may find me tedious, but, frankly, I couldn''t care less.  If you just want a one sided board, then us fans who want to have a balanced view of things should just stay away I suppose, leave it to all of you who obviously know better..............

[/quote]

Huzzah!

Lakey''s attitude mirror''s my own way of thinking of posting on here, a good strong attitude Lakey boy.[Y]

Speculation is good it means he is doing well. The EPL is the place to be if a top 6 out fit came in with a huge bid then we would not stand in his way, but it would have to be a very significant bid. I see no prospect of him going overseas if he is playing, getting international football etc. If he develops as we hope he will want regular European football which we can not provide but that day is probably a couple of seasons away

[quote user="lake district canary"]One of the reasons I presume Fer came to Norwich was he thought it would enhance his career.   If we improve to the stage that we are up towards the top half of the table, it would give him - and the others more incentive to stay here, rather than seek new pastures.  Ultimately it''s part of the development of our club - but in reality is the 64,000$ question.   Improve and we are more likely to keep players and attract better ones, struggle and we will likely lose the better players to clubs higher up. 

[/quote]Now that''s far more sensible and realistic, Lakey, and I agree with you wholeheartedly about this. At this current moment in time Fer and Norwich are a good fit . If he wants to progress his career, he needs to get some EPL, Bundesliga , La Liga or Serie A on his CV . And, certainly he''s not showing the consistency that would tempt a big club from any of those leagues to pay top dollar for him.The best for all concerned is if Norwich can progress alongside him, with regards to League position, and quality of recruits.

Yeah, Fer hasn''t really played that well yet to be attracting major attention.

He''s been one of our better players but he can be a bit of a passenger.

Clearly a good player though and there''s a bit more to come from him, you''d think.

He was obviously available last Jan, he was obviously available this

summer if they truly are "interested in him" they had plenty of

opportunity to get him. He has done well for us but lets face it we are

not pulling up trees and he''s not making many headlines. His price will be

double, triple too now because he''s on a fresh contract so in short it sounds like a load of BS. If he does have a "champions league" clause then i''m sure it will be a high price too.

I personally do not think that he will be going anywhere anytime soon. He''s too young to chop and change clubs whilst still developing and he''s playing regular Premier League games and gradually making a name for himself. Also, we have no need to sell, especially as his value increases along with his ability to stamp his authority on the games more.

There will inevitably be further interest in the Summer but I would consider it best all-round for him to spend a full two seasons for us''

I would be very surprised though if he was still a City player at the opening of the 15/16 season. The same might apply to RVW if he strikes form.

We all anticipated this surely.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]According to this article at any rate. Thoughts?[/quote]Sigh. Interesting thread turns into slanging match shocker. Please remember to not feed the troll!

Anyway, thanks for the article OP. I think it''s extremely positive that two Italian giant clubs are interested in one of our players. I''d rather read this than a club like Gillingham are lining up a bid for our midfield maestro, and we fear losing him.

Surely he''s not going anywhere having just bought 30 Norwich shirts with his name and number on the back from the club shop?