Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

If Norwich....

...were in future taken over by some rich foreign businessman and he rebranded the colours, badge and/or name similar to that of Cardiff or Hull. How would you feel about it? Would any of you walk away from the club forever? I just read an interview with a former Cardiff fan who felt that strongly about his club''s rebranding that he''s now walked away from his club and refuses to support them anymore. Could make for interesting debate.

It wouldn''t matter the slightest to me.

The Club is still Norwich (as in the City of) and I love Norwich as only an exile can.

Thats how these b.uggers get away wth it, they know fans won''t walk away from the club.

Its cynical. [:@]

I was thinking the same thing myself.

There has to be a tipping point somewhere where the club loses it''s identity. Say we had to play in light blue and we''re called Norwich sharks or some such. Would you really feel it was the same club?

For me I would stay and protest. Keep wearing the yellow shirt and city till I die sort of thing but if over time newbies came and started to accept the new idea then eventually I think I would have to go

I''d be beside myself as it is essentially changing tradition and somewhat the club itself. but something such as this shouldn''t be enough to change anyones support for the club itself. the support towards the owners, however, that is a different story.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I was thinking the same thing myself. There has to be a tipping point somewhere where the club loses it''s identity. Say we had to play in light blue and we''re called Norwich sharks or some such. Would you really feel it was the same club? For me I would stay and protest. Keep wearing the yellow shirt and city till I die sort of thing but if over time newbies came and started to accept the new idea then eventually I think I would have to go[/quote]

Thats what happened to MKDons imo.

We already have different colours - the away strip.   Should only be used when colours clash imo, but I presume we are "contracted" use it.   Why we can''t wear green and yellow away for 99% of away matches is beyond me.  Commercial issues?  Pah! 

I''d be suprised if many of the happy clappies would even notice - as long as there was someone to tell them when to stand up, sit down, ''sing'' and when to go home. It''s all about the experience and that can always be enhanced without too much regard for what goes on on the pitch

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Didn''t we play in blue originally and rebranded to yellow?[/quote]

we did, we played in Blue and White, very similar to Blackburn''s kit. We moved then to all white then to yellow and Green

in the late 90''s the club changed the kit to all yellow which didn''t go down so well. I remember hearing something at the time that it was meant to lead to a bigger rebranding of moving us from all yellow, to yellow and red, then possibly to red as part of the Colmans sponsorship at the time. not sure how true that was though.