Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

St. Gallen Vs Swansea

I''ll watch at least the first half today to see how they play although I''ll be very surprised if they field anything more than second stringers. Anyone else watching? Don''t think Swansea needs anything from this game, do they?

They technically need at least a point to finish as runners up in the group, but even if they lose Krasnador need to beat Valencia (and there has to be a three goal swing).

Swansea have taken their full squad to Switzerland for the match, but they might rest a few players (although they have a few injuries so are down to the bare bones in certain areas).

Wonder if they will go back to wales afterward then on to Norwich or straight to Norwich?

Some teams are funny about travel. I temeber last year when arsenal flew to Luton airport to then travel to meet us, bizzare!

I hope they get a kicking tonight

They will fly back to Wales straight after the game (weather permitting) and then come to Norwich on Saturday afternoon/eveing.

I think Arsenal actually flew to Norwich airport from Luton - still a stupidly short flight but they only went that way as there were no available trains due to service disruptions (or so their media team said) - as they are sponsered by an airline I have a feeling they get this things quite cheap.

Norwich flew to Gatwick airport ahead of their pre-season friendly against Brighton - which isn''t too much further (and a friendly) so it seems the way all clubs move about these days.

That''s The one, imagine flying Luton to Norwich! Take you longer to check in!

They had difficulty getting to Switzerland ( as below ). They are playing a few names like Shelvey, Routledge, De Guzman, Tiendelli, Bony etc.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that Bony is out injured. Guess not.

"Swansea''s preparations for their final Europa League Group A game against St Gallen were heavily disrupted as a combination of poor weather and technical problems resulted in a nightmare 12-hour journey to Switzerland.

The Welsh club had been due to fly from Cardiff Airport at 10am on Wednesday, but fog caused an initial delay to their departure.

A technical fault with their plane then ensured the Swans squad did not take off for Switzerland until 5pm UK time. They eventually landed in Zurich at 8pm local time before going on to St Gallen by coach.

It meant Swansea were unable to train at St Gallen''s AFG Arena ahead of Thursday''s fixture, where the Premier League side will hope to secure their place in the knockout phase of the Europa League."

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

They will fly back to Wales straight after the game (weather permitting) and then come to Norwich on Saturday afternoon/eveing.

I think Arsenal actually flew to Norwich airport from Luton - still a stupidly short flight but they only went that way as there were no available trains due to service disruptions (or so their media team said) - as they are sponsered by an airline I have a feeling they get this things quite cheap.

Norwich flew to Gatwick airport ahead of their pre-season friendly against Brighton - which isn''t too much further (and a friendly) so it seems the way all clubs move about these days.

[/quote]

Not sure if emirates fly from Luton to Norwich for them to qualify for discount?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote] Not sure if emirates fly from Luton to Norwich for them to qualify for discount?[/quote]

I don''t think anyone has a flight from Luton to Norwich - but Arsenal aren''t using scheduled flights, they were given exclusive use of a private jet by Air Emirates as part of the sponsorship deal.

Swansea played almost their strongest team last night with only Williams and Michu being rested - they also looked fairly awful in the little bits of the match I saw. Bodes well for Sunday.