Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Trouble at the "bigger club" Paul?!

Lambert took over a  much stronger squad at Villa than he had left at City. But he has done a decent enough job in transforming it.However, his inability to manage big name players will be his undoing eventually, i suspect.

Just back from a bite with Mrs Beard and I thought I would have a quick look at the pinkun to see if there was anything interesting.

Great news. Seb has signed an extension. Thought I would add to the thread.

How would we feel if we win on Sunday? Another reasonable thread? Added to that, despite a few painfully dull threads , attempting irony but I soldier on.

And then this one.

Pathetic . Oil Rigs and New Born Babies, I assume part of long running feuds?  If only anyone could give a toss about people who have, or haven''t got season tickets. Just bugger off and let the rest of us talk about NCFC. I’m sure face book/ache or some such tripe is a better place to bicker. I might set my status to “perplexed” .

I''ve got two (season ticket and children) before anyone asks.

Haha, oooh Graham Paddons Beard,

GET YOU!!!!! Did you stamp your feet and have a flounce round the living room after you posted that?

CUSDP family and my own have been feuding for generations over a parking space on the top level of the old Malthouse car park. His family mistakenly thought it was the Maltese car park and my Grandfather stuck his flag in it in the shape of his green Morris Marina.

Now sod off because trust me beardo, you want no part of this bloody and violent vendetta.

I think what this would suggest is that it is very hard to perform in the prem playing the sort of almost gung-ho football we played at time in the Lambert years.

I think Lambert himself began to see this in his final season here - we weren''t exactly finding it easy to pick up points in his last few months here let''s not forget.

Perhaps under Hughton we have, at times, been too negative. However, I think in this division too negative will be better for you than too attacking, unless you''re a team like City or Chelsea or Arsenal who have got real world class quality players everywhere on the pitch.

What I also think this (and the results of Lambert''s Villa) show is that the bottom 10 or so teams in this division are much of a muchness. A bad manager will see them sink, but even good managers aren''t going to be too far away from the relegation zone unless they''ve got the financial backing of the top 6.

In the bottom half of the League the highest scoring team is West Brom with 17 goals. None of these teams have won more than 5 games.Its a very tough League and at least half of it is much of a muchness.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]He is was and always will be the Messiah and our club is much the poorer that he has gone There are to many on here who disrespect the Messiah and have easily forget what he has done for the club Hughton out Messiah back[/quote]

what makes you think he''d even come back?

let it go... let it go.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Waveney canary"]He is was and always will be the Messiah and our club is much the poorer that he has gone There are to many on here who disrespect the Messiah and have easily forget what he has done for the club Hughton out Messiah back[/quote]

what makes you think he''d even come back?

let it go... let it go.

[/quote]

Looking back now maybe we were too hasty in getting another long term manager, the break up with the other one (I still find it hard to say the name) was too traumatic and we rushed into another commitment. We should''ve met with and had fun with lots of other managers or maybe just go on a holiday with our friends (no managers) and wait until we were really ready to have another manager, being away from home allows you to have some perspective and there''s all those foreign managers with their dubious morals (sometimes political) to distract you.

On the other hand some people think its better to get back on the merry-go-round and realise you can''t go back, you''ll never find another manager like the last one and their relationship with you was the best either of you were ever going to have and one day they will realise but as always its too late by then, another manager will come along who might be able to measure up in some ways but it''ll never be the same you just have to get on with your life the best you can, you''ll always hurt a bit inside but managers are like that, you can''t live without them and sometimes they are so frustrating you just want to and sit in a dark room with some Ben & Jerry''s and cry

[quote user="Aggy"] too negative will be better for you than too attacking, unless you''re a team like City or Chelsea or Arsenal who have got real world class quality players everywhere on the pitch. [/quote]

Are you counting BJ in those world class players of ours ?

[quote user="Waveney canary"]He is was and always will be the Messiah and our club is much the poorer that he has gone

There are to many on here who disrespect the Messiah and have easily forget what he has done for the club

Hughton out Messiah back[/quote]

Or alternatively you could always sod off and follow your Messiah to Villa. I''m sure their message board would rejoice in your wisdom