Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Good business by Huddersfield?

The Pinkun is saying that James Vaughan may be off to Celtic for £6m.

You could defend the Carrow Road experts for letting such a bargain go for peanuts by the fact that he had suffered injuries while with us, but....

Seems very odd that he only went to Huddersfield recently and Celtic sold Hooper to us for £5m and now want to pay £6m for Vaughan - they could have got him for much less in the summer. We''ll just have to see what pans out. £6m for V would be a fantastic deal for Huddersfield any way you look at it when you compare him to Hooper.

If Celtic don''t spend £6m on an injury prone Championship striker I can''t see there''s any chance of them winning the SPL this season.

Pretty sure that Celtic aren''t this stupid, they buy players and sell them for huge profits. Hooper and Wanyama, next Forster.

They don''t even have to compete with Rangers these days so stupid story. They might be interested in him but if they spend £6m on any striker I will eat an actual hat.

I agree with you Juggy. There was rumour that he was going there on loan at one point. So they were well aware of him when we bought Hooper. So they could have sold us Hooper for 4m + Vaughan or pay 6m for him now.

Transfer window is nearly upon us again. Vaughan has scored a few goals and his knees made of pastry have somehow held up for the last year or so. His agent is getting his name in the shop window for a big move or an improved contract.

Isn''t that what’s really happening here?

Can we have some sort of "Cody of the year" trophy awarded alongside the Barry butler trophy?

So, Waveney canary writes "Indeed good business''s taking advantage of hapless Hughton". Having watched City for over 50 years I have seen a few hapless Managers, and Chris Hughton has his faults, agreed, but I could name many worse in my time as a supporter. WC, just how genuine are you as a supporter anyway - only see negative posts from you since you joined this board 2 months ago.

Waveney is just trolling. He''s going to have to be more subtle to get my goat.