Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Cardiff Away - Potential Fixture Change

Just a quick note for those who may be thinking of trying to obtain some cheap train travel for this fixture.  It''s currently scheduled for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 1st February 2014, however it''s also Wales v Italy in the Six Nations in Cardiff kicking off at 2:30pm (confirmed).  There has been no news yet, but I wouldn''t be surprised to either see our match moved to an early kick-off (as was the case when Ched Evens scored that screamer to win it six years ago), or alternatively changed to the Sunday.  I''m trying to get a feel for the situation from CCFC, but nothing forthcoming at the moment.

I really need this to change as I have tickets for the Rugby!

I looked back at previous 6 Nations clashes and could not find another occassion when Cardiff played in Cardiff on the same day as the Welsh rugby team. The only thing concerning me now is that Australia recently played Wales at the same time as Cardiff were playing Arseanl. This however was only an Autumn test match which should not be viewed as significant as a 6 Nations match.

Also, I struggle to see how Cardiff Central will cope with dealing with fans coming from the close to 100,000 in the City at the same time. I wish they would hurry up and sort this, they have had plenty of time to confirm either way.

I''ve been in touch with NCFC who in tern have contacted CCFC and the message coming out of South Wales is that the match will go ahead as scheduled at 3pm on Saturday 1st February 2014.