Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

I just cant see us escaping!

Looking at the League Table and the fixtures i''m really struggling to see us avoid relegation. I am basing it on the last 4 games of the season being no brainers and zero points and personally think we will get about 22 points from our remaining fixtures giving us a total of 39 points. Will that be enough? I hope so! Either way its going to be a nail biting finish.

Yes I know all the other teams have got to play the big boys again, but not the last 4 games in a row. Its a daunting thought....

Yes it is a daunting thought. Being in the Prem means we have to play all the other teams in the Prem twice in the season. All of them, including the best ones. Twice. Who''d have thought?

With 15 games gone we''ve played all the top teams once except Man U and we''re currently 14th. So how on earth can we expect to be higher than 18th when we''ve played them all again?

I can see how this would all be a big perplexing - if you support 1p5wich that is.

points can come from the least likely places. who''s to say when we next meet man u they play like they did vs newcastle, everton, etc. and we play like we did vs west brom, everton, cardiff?

our fortunes are turning and we''re on course to gain 22 points before the mid-season point.

perhaps you should think about why you spend more time trolling on here than you spend time on TWTD? perhaps you''re a closet Norwich fan afterall...

you know, like those "homophobes" that continually make antigay jokes but in secret they like it up the pooper.

Environment agency warning just issued! Wet pants causes huge tidal swell in Norfolk!

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]perhaps you should think about why you spend more time trolling on here than you spend time on TWTD? perhaps you''re a closet Norwich fan afterall...

you know, like those "homophobes" that continually make antigay jokes but in secret they like it up the pooper.

This is hard to take from a plastic who never goes near the Carra maybe we should debate the point over a drink on riverside on Sunday. Oh wait a minute it will be yet another game where u will be thousands of miles away. Fan u r having a laugh. I just don''t understand why people like u don''t support your local team

I do support my local team, my original, local team. Where I held a season ticket up to just a few years ago, and went to all home games last season. whereas your local team is obviously Ipswich, and someone is a little upset that no one bites to them anymore. go cry back to TWTD boyo.

It doesn''t look great but then again it certainly doesn''t look like we are odds on for relegation as it stands at the moment. Our last four games are going to be tough but in a strange way they could work in our favour. Some if not all of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, will be A) already at the beach b) have Champions League in the back of their minds c) have players wanting to be fit for a certian little tournament in Brazil?

We are sitting in 14th and taking your argument to it''s logical conclusion with all teams still to play each other again we would be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

I happen to think that teams will move places. Palace and Fulham will probably survive the drop and Hull will drop a lot nearer the bottom than they are at the moment. Sunderland and West Ham at the moment look like they will stay at the bottom leaving just one more club to join them.

It certainly isn''t time to be overtly all doom and gloom about it all. Oh and by the way It''s Christmas, Cheer up!!!  

I suppose it depends on how you actually read the title of the thread. By "escaping" do we mean relegation itself, or the relegation dogfight. If we''re talking about the latter, then  I tend to agree. I see the rest of this season being an absolute pitched battle to keep out of the trapdoor. The usual suspects keep referring to this "14th place" we currently have, conveniently omitting to state that we are just one or two poor results from falling into the bottonm 2 or 3 again. Also there''s no-one this season who are as dismal as Reading and QPR were last.  So, as with several clubs ,we will spend till May , at the very best nervously looking over our shoulders. I''m sure that over Jan or Feb  or Mar there will be at least 2 occasions where we will be no more than 2 points from 18th place . That''s not being overly negative...just a realistic assessment of how this league is shaping up, and the strength of our squad. Frankly, even if we were to get rid of Hughton , I''d imagine pretty much the same scenario to apply.Will we go down ? I really don''t know . It all depends on luck, injuries, suspensions, not to mention quality of our play. There are too many people dismissing our final four games as "just four normal games", but I do think that they will be a significant factor in the end. Our performances against these top teams thus far do not exactly engender confidence, do they ? But I am reasonably confident that any team with less than a point a game will go down. On that basis, currently we are OK, but it could change again very smartly. That''s why these games up to and including Boxing Day are SO vital.

[quote user="Wiz"]I will be proved right.............beating West Ham WILL relegate us.[/quote]And what about those wins vs. Crystal Palace and West Brom since...will they relegate us too?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Wiz"]I will be proved right.............beating West Ham WILL relegate us.[/quote]

And what about those wins vs. Crystal Palace and West Brom since...will they relegate us too?
[/quote]

Two swallows do not a summer make.

And the West Ham result too? Three swallows do they make a Summer? mild Autumn at least surely?We needed to beat CP... we did, we needed to beat WH.... we did, We needed a reaction at WB.... we reacted, for a team that is relegation fodder it has this horrible knack of beating teams around them.

This whole last-four-games angst really does my head in. Would we be more likely to get points off them if we played them earlier in the season or something? You play the same 19 teams twice over the course of a season. How does it affect your overall points total what order you play them in? Do you get more points for losing to the big teams in March than you would losing to them in April or May?

What is the logic behind tough-looking run-in = certain relegation? If we were to swap the last four games with the four preceding them, would we be more likely to survive? If so, why is that? How would that affect our overall points tally?

You are missing the point completely there, Chip. I don''t think anyone is suggesting that we''re not going to play them, or the fact it''s near the end that it''s going to affect our points total etc.Certainly the point I was making is that , when you look at the performances thus far against these teams, it''d make a good deal of sense to have garnered pretty much all the points we''re going to need to avoid the drop by the end of game 34. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp ? So , to put it into a wider context, and particularly as regards this thread, we really need to keep more than a couple of paces ahead of the drop zone over Jan Feb Mar etc, just in case we do not get much from those final four games.Is that a little clearer now ?!

After the Manu home game with a little bit of luck we could well be only 23 points, which puts us in a great position to kick on in the new year.It would be wonderful to be in a comfortable position coming into those last four matches and then to see the pressure switch to the ''big boys''.

Over a ten game period during which we''ve played Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool we''ve still managed to accumulate 13 points @ 1.3 points per game without playing particularly well at times and despite having a number of key injuries. I can''t therefore see why we should be concerned about any segment of the season in particular if we can score points at this rate during a difficult couple of months.

I think you answer your own question, Zak. The number of points we''ve accumulated from games against the teams you mention is..... a big fat ZERO.And, if you substitute Man City for United, the final 4 games are against precisely those four sides.So, that''s why, yes, some of us are a little worried about that particular "segment".