Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who on here thinks ???

It looks possible on paper but several games in a short space of time is going to test our wafer thin squad , if Snoddy and Pilks were fit i''d be a lot more confident . An injury to Fer or Redmond we would be in trouble .

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]That 12 pts are a very high possibility from our next 5 games[/quote]Oh...I see what you did there.... Because my answer to the question in the subject line would be, "not many of us".Very clever there Bob....But, to answer your 12py question. I don''t think I can agree with ''very high''. I would say that there''s a slim chance of gaining 12pts from the next 5 games. But looking over the schedule I''d be more likely to reach for 10 and believe that 7 is very possible.

7 Points:Swansea at Home 1 ptSunderland Away 1 ptFulham at Home 3 ptsMan U at Home 1 ptCrystal Palace Away 1pt10 Points:Swansea at Home 1 ptSunderland Away 3 ptsFulham at Home 3 ptsMan U at Home 0 ptsCrystal Palace Away 3ptsIs 12 possible? Certainly, but I''m not sure I can agree with ''very high possibility''.I like our chances though...

You could make a case for predicting that we could win all these games.Swansea at Home  - 3 points  - why not?Sunderland Away   - 3 points  - unlucky last season, again, why not?Fulham at Home  - 3 points    -  should be capable of beating them, so why not?Man U at Home  - 3 points   - beat them last season, so again, why not?Crystal Palace Away - 3 points - again - why not?So 15 points, if we carry on with improving in front of goal....................why not?High possibility, maybe not, but definitely not impossible.

Why does everyone think we will beat Fulham? We have a poor record against them and watching them this afternoon at Everton they are more than holding their own. In fact it should just now have been 1-1.Personally I would be happy to take a point from Fulham.

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]Surely you 10 pt scenario should be 11 why would you give us a point against Man U in the first scenario then take it away in the second !!!!![/quote]Great observation. Unfortunately in the 10pt scenario everyone gets excited that we''ll be playing in Europe next year because we picked up 7 point son the trot and we become over zealous, giving up 3 goals to a fired up Manure team that had a visit from the ghost of old man Fergi on Christmas eve - He''s not really dead of course, he''s just covered himself in talc for effect, but that still carries a fear factor -  who puts the fear in the red devils about the spirit of Manure past, present and future.

Actually I am watching palace play chelski and palace are more than holding their own so maybe they will not be so easy should be 2-2 right now out playing Chelsea at the moment

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Fulham hmmmm. Whats that you was saying ?[/quote]Got back to 1-1 but fell apart in the last quarter.Decent results today W Ham looked absolute tripe.

I said before the West Brom game we could beat them as well as winning all our December games, including Man U who look crap right now.

I reckon we could easily get 12-15 points from our next five matches. In fact the one I''m most worried about is Palace away at our bogey ground, plus they''re looking resurgent.