Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Anyone planning to go by train via Peterborough tomorrow

On Saturdays I usually drive so far, then travel the rest of the way by train, but this Sunday and with the early kick off, this seems impossible. No trains from Manchester/Nottingham get in before 2.30 pm.  The alternative, to drive down to Peterborough is knackered because it will take 5 hours on the train from there!!!! (buses in use at some stage apparently).     The only way it seems I can get there in time on the train is if I drive to Ely, but I might as well drive to Norwich.   Wondered if there is anyone else having train problems tomorrow?  

No trains get into Norwich from Peterborough get to Thorpe Station before 2.30 on a Sunday. Driving is the only alternative for an early Sunday KOwith or without all the faffing around with the buses.Good luck. At least I''ve only got a 90 min drive......

Your best bet if you want a chance of getting to Norwich on time and don''t want to drive as far as Peterborough, is to drive over to one of the stations on the East Coast main line eg Newcastle, Darlington, Durham, York or Doncaster. It''s probably quite pricy at this late stage though (but not bad if booked in advanced, considering your location when compared to going via Manchester).

[quote user="JonnyH"]Your best bet if you want a chance of getting to Norwich on time and don''t want to drive as far as Peterborough, is to drive over to one of the stations on the East Coast main line eg Newcastle, Darlington, Durham, York or Doncaster. It''s probably quite pricy at this late stage though (but not bad if booked in advanced, considering your location when compared to going via Manchester).[/quote]

Thanks, its a good idea, but I''ll be coming from Manchester direction tomorrow (staying at in-laws [:S] ).