Sign in to follow this  

Beating Swansea might keep us safe.....

.........for another season.

20 points and we''re half way to safety and all before Crimbo too.

OTBC.

20 pts from 1st 16 games, given the injuries we''ve had would be satisfactory indeed. If we managed to keep that up, our difficult run in will more like a cruise home.... pretty much safe with six to go.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]20 pts from 1st 16 games, given the injuries we''ve had would be satisfactory indeed. If we managed to keep that up, our difficult run in will more like a cruise home.... pretty much safe with six to go.[/quote]

I reckon only 2 of those 6 are winnable wcork, WBA and Fulham, so any points after that are a bonus.

Tomorrow is massive imo, we have to win.

Cant completely disagree there wiz , but, as we proved last season , once the shackles are off and our players relax and really play , they are half decent. If the scenario discussed above does transpire ie 40pts from 32 games then expect to see a very different type of performance than recently in those last few.....so perhaps a point or three extra could be gained out of the 4''unwinnable'' games.

"Beating Swansea might keep us safe""Beating West Ham could relegate us" I must admit to being a bit confused here Wiz. Do we get more points for beating Swansea because they are Welsh?Or perhaps we don''t get any points for beating West Ham because it was part of the Dean Ashton agreement?I just wish I could understand these complicated Premier League rules like you do Wiz, but thanks for trying to explain them to us.

But just yesterday you were saying "you would be proved right" about beating west ham relegating us, so what is it wiz? or are you just going to make every possible prediction so you can say you were right on a messageboard?

What is wrong with you people?

He''s admitted his WH thread was a mistake and you want to continue beating the dead horse.

Like Wiz, I''m very glad ee seem to have very belatey turned a corner with our playing style and subsequent results.

How about a "welcome aboard" and "let''s hope we can keep this thing going".

*** - if we do survive playing like we did last season, I''d definitely want a new manager. CH is letting the boys play now and that''s all I ever wanted.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What is wrong with you people?

He''s admitted his WH thread was a mistake and you want to continue beating the dead horse.

Like Wiz, I''m very glad ee seem to have very belatey turned a corner with our playing style and subsequent results.

*** - if we do survive playing like we did last season, I''d definitely want a new manager. CH is letting the boys play now and that''s all I ever wanted.[/quote]

You''ve been on this board long enough to know that it doesn''t matter if wiz has ''turned a corner,'' it will be the same next season

[quote user="Houston Canary"]What is wrong with you people?

*** - if we do survive playing like we did last season, I''d definitely want a new manager. CH is letting the boys play now and that''s all I ever wanted.[/quote]I''d be interested to see what Hughton does tomorrow with formation. I''m sort of assuming it will be 4-4-2 again, sacrificing possession for greater potency in offense like we did last week, but I''m just a little leary of the fact that Swansea are very good at keeping possession even with a level playing field, let alone a man lighter in mid-field. They''ve had some major set-backs with strikers recently and playing a Europa game during the week must have an effect on them. Quite positive about tomorrow, but I''m wary of taking Swansea for granted. Still, know our team can do the job if they put a shift in.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Houston Canary"]What is wrong with you people?

*** - if we do survive playing like we did last season, I''d definitely want a new manager. CH is letting the boys play now and that''s all I ever wanted.[/quote]

You''ve been on this board long enough to know that it doesn''t matter if wiz has ''turned a corner,'' it will be the same next season[/quote]Next week.

This confirms 1stWiz needs to see a head doctor. He just ain''t right in the peanut department.

To claim that beating West Ham will send us down and to start this thread proves he is absolutely delusional.

Seek medical attention Wizard, you need it.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Houston Canary"]What is wrong with you people? He''s admitted his WH thread was a mistake and you want to continue beating the dead horse. Like Wiz, I''m very glad ee seem to have very belatey turned a corner with our playing style and subsequent results. How about a "welcome aboard" and "let''s hope we can keep this thing going". *** - if we do survive playing like we did last season, I''d definitely want a new manager. CH is letting the boys play now and that''s all I ever wanted.[/quote]

I''d be interested to see what Hughton does tomorrow with formation. I''m sort of assuming it will be 4-4-2 again, sacrificing possession for greater potency in offense like we did last week, but I''m just a little leary of the fact that Swansea are very good at keeping possession even with a level playing field, let alone a man lighter in mid-field. They''ve had some major set-backs with strikers recently and playing a Europa game during the week must have an effect on them. Quite positive about tomorrow, but I''m wary of taking Swansea for granted. Still, know our team can do the job if they put a shift in.
[/quote]

For all this ''Swanslonia'' nonsense lyb, their defense can be a bit ropey at times.

i never really got this ''swansealona'' thing, because in their 2 seasons up, their game plan has been to pass it around teams to get them out of position, then pass it back and hoof it to the attackers or out wide.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

You''ve been on this board long enough to know that it doesn''t matter if wiz has ''turned a corner,'' it will be the same next season[/quote]

It''s not so much that he turns a corner as it is that he lives in a maze.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]would be good to get into the last 6 games knowing we are safe then set about ruining someones title hopes![/quote]

that''s a possible 18 points still to play for !at that stage last season even Liverpool in 7th place were not safe, likewise Everton the season beforeas to what we should be doing, it is aiming to pick up as many points as possible to finish as high up the table as possiblebe that now or next April/Mayfark what effect it has on any other team

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i never really got this ''swansealona'' thing, because in their 2 seasons up, their game plan has been to pass it around teams to get them out of position, then pass it back and hoof it to the attackers or out wide.[/quote]

Didn''t some pundit on MOTD invent this Mrs M, or did I read it elsewhere?