Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Ambitious QPR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25355950

Field of Dreams or Slough of Despond?

Personally I reckon it would work. Bit depressing really, London really is a separate city state from the rest of the country. Can you imagine somewhere like Norwich getting that level of investment?

Not really sure why QPR would want a 40,000 seater as their 18,000 one doesn''t always sell out.

The development looks promising but is very much reliant on HS2 - which is far from certain. As a London resident I hope the homes do get built as the amount I had to pay for my 2 bed-flat in East London is depressing.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]off topic Ron but is that P J Harvey in your avatar picture?[/quote]Spooky, I was wondering the same thing...

I wonder how much they will get for Loftus Road, I should imagine that you could could squeeze a fair few houses on there

ps maybe they should have a chat to Coventry - or maybe the ''they'' is not the fans

Certainly is, Jas & NS. Thought I''d have a change of pace from Ralphy. I''ve been a bit obsessed with her for the past few years. Never heard anyone quite like her.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Certainly is, Jas & NS. Thought I''d have a change of pace from Ralphy. I''ve been a bit obsessed with her for the past few years. Never heard anyone quite like her.[/quote]

She''s better looking than RVW

Sorry if this is turning into a PJfest (not intended), but I''''ve just been getting my daily youtube dose & I''ve found even more early stuff.

Physically she''s not really my type, it''s the range & intensity of her voice that does it. Completely raw & honest, but playful & ironic -all in the same note!

5'' 3" & seven stone, she frightens the crap out of me. She does scary erotic obsession like nobody else. And she grew up on a farm in deepest Dorsetshire. And I''m convinced she has Galician ancestry.

If you''ve never seen what she can do live, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o

I''ll shut up now.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]off topic Ron but is that P J Harvey in your avatar picture?[/quote]

It''s PJ Proby isn''t it? Surely?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]off topic Ron but is that P J Harvey in your avatar picture?[/quote]

It''s PJ Proby isn''t it? Surely?[/quote]

P.J. Proby was prettier. You''re older than I thought Purple.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]off topic Ron but is that P J Harvey in your avatar picture?[/quote]

It''s PJ Proby isn''t it? Surely?[/quote]

P.J. Proby was prettier. You''re older than I thought Purple.[/quote]

Yankee, I am old enough to remember being in Norwich''s Orford Cellar in the earlyish/mid-sixties when the Graham Bond Organisation (with Baker on drums and Bruce on bass) was performing, and Hammond-player Bond leering at the prettiest girl in the somewhat crowded audience:

"Would you like to come up here and have a go on my organ?"

I did think it was remarkably altruistic of Bond to offer free music lessons there and then. But that was an innocent age.

i suspect they think they are going to turn into a top 6 side in the next few years, and in turn fill the stadiumwhich is hilarious

I find PJ as scary as she is awe inspiring! Her music likewise. Show how she puts herself into her music in an all too rare and uncompromising way.

Back on topic, these plans of QPRs are, for now at least, a total pipe dream. 24,000 houses is a frightening quantity of homes to stick in a corner of west London. That is small city size. As they themselves say, if it did get built out it would take until 2043.

"Would you like to come up here and have a go on my organ?"

up there with Johnny Craddock telling the TV audience that if they followed his wife''s recipe then " all your donuts will turn out like Fannys"