Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

At What Price Would You Sell Fer?

He is looking like a high value player, especially if several clubs are interested.

We haven''t sold a player for serious money for a long time. Swansea did, and reinvested well. Get it right and you can markedly improve your squad and strength.

What would it take? 12 million? I think I''d expect the Club to sell at that figure but would be disappointed if they couldn''t turn down 10 million.

i took 17 million for him on fm in what would be the end of next seasoni think that would be be a fare amount, as long as we can get two other quality players in to replace him

Henderson went for £20m, Joe Allen £15m but they were based on season+ performances. We''re not half way yet. Whilst Leroy has looked good, I don''t think we could look for much more than £10m as it stands now.

If he performs all season, we could be looking at £15m.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Henderson went for £20m, Joe Allen £15m but they were based on season+ performances. We''re not half way yet. Whilst Leroy has looked good, I don''t think we could look for much more than £10m as it stands now.

If he performs all season, we could be looking at £15m.[/quote]Both inflated becuase they are British

Bit hard to say at the moment. I don''t always think he deserves some of the rave reviews he gets, he''s still a bit in and out of games.

Good player though, no doubt.

A player who is playing well and improves with each passing game? still young on a 4 year contract. it''s not even reasonable to consider selling him unless it is a stupid amount (12m is still too small, whoever buys him for that will be looking at a nice profit come 2 years time.)

Such a talented player, and at his age can expect to improve even more.

I would be disappointed for him to go for less than £15m.

How could we replace him for less than that?

[quote user="iron_stan"]i took 17 million for him on fm in what would be the end of next seasoni think that would be be a fare amount, as long as we can get two other quality players in to replace him[/quote]

Poor choice, the guy is a demon! Worth £30m on mine

We are constantly being told we are building a squad.  Selling for Fer for £10m or even £15m would be underselling him and the club imo.   If the big boys want him, then let them pay for him.............  

...............or just say he''s not for sale.

[quote user="lake district canary"]We are constantly being told we are building a squad.  Selling for Fer for £10m or even £15m would be underselling him and the club imo.   If the big boys want him, then let them pay for him.............  

...............or just say he''s not for sale.[/quote]Hughton has already said it Lakey.........“We are looking to build and make progress – not to disrupt,” he said.

“We will make decisions in January where we want to strengthen the

squad. If that is not the case, then we are happy to go with what we

have got but what we certainly don’t want to do is lose players and we

won’t be losing players.
"I think that''s pretty clear.

[quote user="lake district canary"]We are constantly being told we are building a squad.  Selling for Fer for £10m or even £15m would be underselling him and the club imo.   If the big boys want him, then let them pay for him.............  

...............or just say he''s not for sale.

[/quote]

With several clubs sniffing around when we bought, I would imagine that part of the deal clincher in our favour would have been a realistic buy out clause, probably around £8mill bearing in mind our keenness to clinch the deal & fers lack of prem league experience

No price because we don''t need to sell him. Monetary gain through sale of players isn''t as important as premier league stability, because that will earn us more money.

If a bid came in and he said he wanted to go for himself, particularly if it was a much bigger club and a great opportunity for him then we get the best deal we can and he goes with well wishes by that''s all theoretical. Everything points towards him enjoyin life in Norwich so all good.

Finally we have the upper hand. Clubs can''t just easily nick our players anymore. We can finally grow year on year.

Good point buh, they only way Fer should be let go is if it suits US, everyone else is the opposition. He may well be shifted on for good money in a couple of years, unless he v happy, but by then we should have lined up two replacements for him. We dont need the money, otherwise jon ruddy would be bench warming at Chelski and pilks would be in Scouseland. Its fantastic that financially the Cllub is stronger than ever. So ultimately my answer comes in three parts

1) At least 15m

2) not till only 1 year left on Contract

3) At least suitable replacements sorted.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL love this forum.£3-6 million is realistic[/quote]

He may be worth £3 - 6m in real terms, but as we don''t want to sell him or have to sell him, we''re in the situation that if anyone really wants to  buy him, they''d have to fork out a lot more than that.

Nexus...thats around what we paid for him.....when he hadnt been tested at premier league level. He has now and has generally played well,looking better all the time. Therefore his sell on would have to be more than what we paid, no question. A couple of good seasons and my €15m wont seem so daft.

How is 3 to 6 million realistic? We paid 4.5 million for him and gave him under contract. We dont have to sell so any offer would have to be an offer we couldnt refuse.

If a club appealing to Fer comes in he would go because you can''t hang onto want away players.

Happily, Fer speaks openly and has often said he is committed to Norwich City. He knows he is where he is and for his future he has to do the best he can here.

But every player has his price and I was wondering what Norwich''s price could be. We do have a small squad in terms of top quality and experience so could improve in two positions.

Firstly, it''s handling the speculation and the probing and in that respect Norwich City is strong.

he is cementing his place in a good dutch squad and his price is probably never going to be higher than the coming summer, when he has remaining potential on the back of a great prem season and good world cup.

We should not look to sell him until then at the earliest, He is strong, can pass, score and assist. NOt so good sitting deep for me, where he does not fulfil his potential, the player to build our midfield around and greater consistency will come over the coming months if fit.

As we dont need to sell and it would cost £10m+ to buy similar anything less than £15m is selling ourselves short - but £10m would represent an excellent return.

The next important question is who is the next fer?

he''s only been t the club for a few months, has been good but not outstanding, yet there is now a thread about selling him based upon rumours regarding Italian clubs.

So traditionally Old Norwich thinking that, being resigned to selling our best players.

May be Fer will not be at the Club for too long, but any talk of selling him within the next season and a half is premature in my opinion.

We are currently in our best position EVER to resist any demands for our star players being financially sound, paying competitive wages and playing in the much vaunted EPL. The only thing we cannot offer is European competition.

Besides, Fer is too young, has too much development to do and is in the right place for him atm (although Everton might have been slightly better) to want to consider chopping and changing his affiliations so readily.

I do not think the rumours are even agents talk, more paper-talk.

Good point, BR. He''s here to develop, which he''s doing but hasn''t done. He''s got a starting position here which may not be available at a big club looking for cover for their entrenched starters.

Ergo, as long as he and we think he''ll continue to improve at Norwich, it''s in his and our best interest to keep him.

If he gets no better, he''s still very good and a big asset. If he does improve, we can keep him or sell him for a whole heck of a lot more in a season or 2. By then, with that much more money available from the sale and our tv money, replacing him will be much easier.

Unlike the days when we sold Sutton etc we have no need to sell and it would be a headache to replace him so we''d only sell him now for an inflated price

So mention of 3-6 as realistic is just naive. A deal just won''t happen at that level

Remember when Liverpool sold Torres for 50m which was good business - except they had to blow 25m of it on Carroll, which was dreadful business. That''s the reality of buying and selling in January.

I''d say it would have to be around 15 for him to go, which I don''t think will be offered

He''ll goal Fer around £16+ million.....

I do hope the vultures have full tummies in January when they briefly circle over the stadium.....Leroy will hopefully still be a canary at least until May 2014....Perleeeeeze!