Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

£1.50 admin fee to have Fulham FA cup "electronically added" to my season ticket

OK fair dues when a paper ticket had to be posted maybe £1.50 admin fee was just about palatable, but to book Fulham online and still be faced with the £1.50 admin fee to have the match "electronically added" to my smart card season ticket, come now fairs fair and that''s just taking the pi$$. If the club really want £16.50 from season ticket holders at least be up front and say so. On a point of principle as they say in Dragons Den " I''m out" !

[quote user="Waveney canary"][quote user="lappinitup"]I blame Hughton.....[/quote]

So do I hughton out it didn''t happen under the Messiah[/quote]

two words second is off, we have had admin charge for around 4 seasons now

Waveney really needs to do one. Probably some sad pleb who lives above a set of traffic lights at a main junction, not realising it reflects their life - TWTD when things were good but in todays world, NCFC are far better off than we have been for how many years?

Marathon not a sprint and we are getting up to speed with a our new generation - such stupid posters cannot see this.

It takes time to brew success not overnight. To wallow in a managers ''success'' which is only in lower leagues (Hughton finished higher than the ''Messiah'' in the highest tier) proves that you are extremely deluded.

Seek help Waveney.

Life must be so difficult paying ten to fifteen pounds per game less than a casual supporter.

My heart bleeds for you.

Are you a regular canary caller by any chance?

It''s one of my bug bears. Not just us but gig venues as well. A lot are now ticket less concerts but still have the cheek to charge you for sending it by email. It''s a scam. Just put it on the ticket price if you want the extra cash.

It''s not really a scam though is it Herman.

It is annoying, but most sporting events and gigs I now of charge an admin fee it''s pretty common place. It is probably literally to pay for the admin, the ticket price is probably covering other things so admin fee is added to pay the wages of the people selling the tickets...

I know you''re probably right but it feels like a scam especially now everything is done online. No P&P but they still charge the same and some you have to print your own ticket. Not at the price of ink I ain''t.

All these little "add-ons" you get everywhere are just a corporate piss take to joe public.   £1.50 here, £2.25 there, £3.50, all these extra little amounts everyone has to pay whenever you do anything on line amount to millions and millions of pounds. 

In this case the ticket is a Norwich City match at Carrow Rd.  Norwich set the ticket prices and the people at the ticket office are employed by Norwich City.  So why is there any need to add anything?   It costs zilch to have this kind of "electronic" addition.   They do it because it has become an accepted way for companies to justify getting a little "extra" from customers.   Basically, its an insult and even though most companies do it, it doesn''t make it right and you would hope  that  the club would be above this kind of thing. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It''s not really a scam though is it Herman.

It is annoying, but most sporting events and gigs I now of charge an admin fee it''s pretty common place. It is probably literally to pay for the admin, the ticket price is probably covering other things so admin fee is added to pay the wages of the people selling the tickets...[/quote]
It''s your right to accept this practice, as much it''s others right to think it''s way of scrabbing extra money out of a customer.
Similar to paying 5p -10p for a carrier bag.  What? you want me to pay for the privilege of advertising your business while I carry the sodding thing up the road.

Completely agree LDC!

There is no cost to the admin.  It is a scam!  Yes with a printed ticket I can understand printing costs and mailing costs, but all that is involved here is a data input, no different to work staff already do.

It is dubious practice IMO.  If they wanted an extra £1.50 then say the ticket is £16.50. Don''t say £15 then say oh there is an additional charge of £1.50.  In that case the ticket actually costs £16.50 as you must pay the additional £1.50 come what may. 

Sign of the times I guess! [:(]

If it makes you feel better why not wait until the option to purchase your season ticket seat expires then get on the computer asap to buy the same seat ?They''ll then have the cost of printing and posting your own season ticket seat back to you !! That''ll put a dent in their £1.50 '' admin '' charge.A spiffing wheeze if you ask me.......[:D]

I walked down to the ticket office and saved myself £1.50.....which incidentally, wouldn''t get you an inch of froth on a pint of pishy lager sold in a trendy city centre bar....

It''s getting to be a greedy greedy World.....