Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Win on Sunday - back on the bus?

So you forum folk full of all views.... Say we win Sunday in good fashion.... are most back on the happy bus?

It would seem rather silly to be Hughton bashing still after being mid table and after playing all the top teams already with a pretty good few matches ahead of us.

Thoughts??

OTBC CTID COYY

We won''t win, we''ll lose. And rather than hopping on the happy bus, they''ll be boarding the bandwagon of doom.

If we don''t win Sunday, surely he has to go? That was the deal before the previous two home games, so should be for this one too.

In fact, we''ve been fortunate to beat Palace, West Ham and West Brom so he should have gone already.

So, unless we win (convincingly) with a dominating attacking performance, he should go.

Not boarding the happy bus quite yet but a win on Sunday will mean I am still off the Hughton out wagon and on the fence. To board the happy clappy sunshine bus it will take a few more good displays.

I think we will win. We are at home and Liverpool aside we''ve had good results.

[quote user="WarrenHill"]So, unless we win (convincingly) with a dominating attacking performance, he should go.[/quote]

If we win on Saturday, then we will have won 4 of the last 6 games and (if Hull and Stoke draw) be in the top half of the table. We would also have reached the 20 point mark with three games to go before we reach the halfway stage of the season (and 2 of the 3 remaining matches are against teams currently right at the bottom of the table).

If we win on Saturday, whether convincingly or not, then I for one will be very relieved that the pressure on CH and the players will have lessened.

is the bus being taken out, last I heard it was being parked ?perhaps it''s taking the player so they can be on the beach (if it hasn''t been washed away)hopefully it''s a double decker so some of them can go up topI wonder if it''s a number 10, they seem very popular now

Another big game.

Win, and I think I am raising a glass on Christmas Day to a reasonable start. 20 points will be OK half way through the season. Lose and the demons return slightly , unless we can get a win against Sunderland . Of course win both and I''ll have a small sloe gin to consolidate 23 points on Christmas day but I can''t see us winning both. 

Whatever, theWest Brom win - and 17 points-  has helped regardless. I expected to lose that one, and go into a very tricky two matches against Swansea and Sun''land. 

RVW back? I do hope so.   

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Warren Hill"]We won''t win, we''ll lose.....[/quote]I don''t think you''ve quite grasped the concept of the hypothetical question.[/quote]

And you''ve clearly grasped thin air, much like Michael did with the gloves.

If we win on Sunday without a doubt there will be more people stop wailing. People apparently saw some great signs of more positive football at the Palace game. That can only be because we won. Surely we were far more positive and created loads more opportunities in the Cardiff game. But we didn''t win it so apparently Hughton was negative...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If we win on Sunday without a doubt there will be more people stop wailing. People apparently saw some great signs of more positive football at the Palace game. That can only be because we won. Surely we were far more positive and created loads more opportunities in the Cardiff game. But we didn''t win it so apparently Hughton was negative...

[/quote]

Hard to argue with that NN. Missed a pen v Villa and GK pulls off a world class save. Hit the post v cardiff and bounces straight to Marshall.

Compare that to a brilliant finish from

didnt finish that!

Redmond against against Soton  and they hit the post from 12 yards?

I dont know. Sometimes our tactics are too defensive, which makes these games turn on very few moments. I do wonder if Hughts needs a more experienced coach..the old "get you medals out" routine.

I don''t know buddy. I think a lot of the time Hoots gets the blame for the Premier League. It''s not just us afterall. I remember those games at home to Fulham, Southampton and Newcastle last season. They were no better than us were they? We drew all three games and finished above all three clubs.

As for the comparisons with Lambert and his so called swashbuckling style I''m sure at times people are remembering games we played before we were promoted. We won more games at home last season than we did in  Lamberts season. We even had a negative goal difference at home in 2011/12.

[quote user="he likes paella "]So you forum folk full of all views.... Say we win Sunday in good fashion.... are most back on the happy bus?

It would seem rather silly to be Hughton bashing still after being mid table and after playing all the top teams already with a pretty good few matches ahead of us.

Thoughts??

OTBC CTID COYY[/quote]You do realise we have to play all of the "top teams" again in the second half of the season? 16 games into the season we would have played the majority of the crap teams as well (Man Utd aside).Agree with the sentiment though, doesn''t even need to be a win in good fashion, back to back wins against Swansea and WBA would be impressive however we beat them.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]One cannot argue against facts. Facts are facts.[/quote]

Where facts are few, experts are many.[:)]

I''ve been in the Hughton in camp all the way. When we see in the NY top half of the table expect plenty of smugness from me.

With Hughton in charge I feel like I''m pushing the bus! I support the man, want him to do well, but it is hard work / frustrating at times. Win, lose or draw I will carry on pushing :-) hopefully one day it will fire up and I can enjoy the view from the top deck.

Nobody ever got off the bus. We all want City to do well.

The Hughton Outers main concern at the end of last season was the dire tactics employed, last 2 games aside.

The first 10 or so games this season saw those tactics failing so we weren''t getting points we should have AND we looked bad in the process. Especially on the road.

If we finish safely but are boring again, and with all that new offensive talent acquired, I''m still Hughton out. However, some of the last few games have shown a far more entertaining brand of football.

That is what we want. Never ever should we approach ANY game looking nervous, as we did at WBA.

Remember, we ARE Prem and we belong here.

If we can only survive by being boring, ok. But we have the talent to survive, and thrive, and be entertaining.

Indeed Houston I can just about accept winning ugly to stay up.

I have not been upset with the results just the manner of performances, and has been said there are at least a few green shoots there.

I will be back on the happy bus when we get at least a few chances for our striker each game. Win today and I will be on the contented and positive bus.

Don''t get carried away we are only 4 points from the bottom 3.

approach games against the bottom half teams like we think we can win & show some belief hen I might be happy

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 12/12/2013 10:25 PM:

Correct, there have been positives all season, people really need to take a wider perspective on the ebbs and flows of results, of course that for many probably isn''t as entertaining as over-reaction every week.

It''s incredible to think that a win today could move us five places into 10th and 7pts clear of the drop
I guess it just goes to show how close the bottom half of the table is really is, a win today could be really important in terms of morale.