Sign in to follow this  
Westy2011

Declan Rudd

Hi all, Preston fan here just thought I''d give you guys a little report of how Declan is performing at the moment.

I have watched Preston for the best part of 25 years and he is one of the best keepers if not the best I have witnessed in that time.

Very good with his feet has the ability to ping it anywhere on the pitch reminds me of nauer at bayern.

Technically one of the best around at the moment and is being coached by a well respected and fantastic goalkeeping coach in Alan Kelly jnr. I had the pleasure of taking in a training session with Declan and the other keepers and his application to training is top notch. Always asking questions and wanting to improve. His reactions are remarkable.

His performances on the pitch have been fantastic, making saves he has no right getting to earning us valuable points in the process after in some games having nothing to do for 90 minutes then pulling a worldy off in injury time. Commands his box very well and reminds me a bit like schmiechal with the way he rants at the defence if he isn''t happy with them.

Head and shoulders above any keeper I have seen outside the prem in recent years and in my own opinion will go on to make a full England International. Would love to keep him beyond this season on loan but IMO 100% be at Norwich next season fighting for the number1 spot.

Can''t speak highly enough of him, very special player you got here.

All the best

Lets just hope the Norwich management realise this too and he is not sold off like Joe Lewis and Jed Steer, both keepers who had bags of potential..

If it comes down to it and we get an offer we can''t refuse on ruddy and he wants to go I''m all for giving the kid a chance.

Seems to be developing in the Forster/ruddy ilk and is growing as a player. Really pleased for him!

Thanks, seems like he''s doing really well. Reminds me a bit of our situation with Fraser Forster when we were in League 1, I could never believe he was allowed to leave Newcastle permanently after the matches I''d seen him play for Norwich. Now at Celtic he is being talked about as a transfer target for Barcelona and an England keeper. But clearly at the time we had Forster Newcastle must have had Krul and one other keeper who they thought must have been better.

I hope he gets his chance too, he really convinced me that game he came on vs WBA for us. It''s just hoping he gets a chance when Ruddy is off form next or injured. I''d imagine Bunn is a stop gap and we''ll be waiting for Rudd to come good enough to challenge Ruddy for number one spot. Either that or Rudd will be sold in summer.

He''ll be useful for our home grown quota when we get champions league football anyway :-P

Thanks for that, thats really interesting to hear. I have a horrible feeling he will be sold off in the manner of the other keepers mentioned, but if he is as good as you say, then he would seem the natural successor to Ruddy''s spot were Chelsea or another willing to make an offer we couldnt refuse. Thanks for the report!

Nope, it was a league match when either Ruddy or Bunn got sent off or injured.

If Ruddy left, i don''t know that they''d chuck him straight into premiership footy, but maybe he''d challenge Bunn for top spot.

Like you, Westy, my brother is a PNE fan, and a regular at Deepdale, as well as away matches. I recently went to see North End when they won 1-0 at Leyton Orient ( no Norwich game as it was the International break), and Rudd was in good shape, making one excellent double save near the end.I''ve no doubt that he is a future Prem keeper in the making, and think he could indeed do a job for us if Ruddy were to get injured. Of course our current number 3 , Carlo Nash , had a long spell at Deepdale too.

Yeah he saved a penalty against WBA!

Is there something I missed regarding off field attitude?

He''s never struck me as a Chris Martin, never heard of him kicking off

[quote user="Buh"]Yeah he saved a penalty against WBA!

Is there something I missed regarding off field attitude?

He''s never struck me as a Chris Martin, never heard of him kicking off[/quote]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14778551.stmRuddy was suspended for the game, after being sent off v Chelsea. Rudd looked a little nervous through the game from memory, but played well overall, and of course saved the pen.I think Rudd will be class. Way better than Steer or Lewis, and we can''t keep them all. I think we kept the right one.

The game against leyton orient was a prime example never had a shot to save all game apart from dealing with crosses then bang one on one makes the save and saves the rebound too. Peterborough away made 2 unfortunate mistakes but more than made up with it with 5 or 6 world class saves including a double save inside the 6 yard box. He oozes class and is playing with real high confidence in his ability and channels it in the right way never over confident.

Carlo Nash left us to be near his girlfriend in London and low an behold he ends up at stoke I think it was. A very capable keeper Who loves the brill cream but left on bad terms in the way he manufactured a move away.

[quote user="Hog"]Lets just hope the Norwich management realise this too and he is not sold off like Joe Lewis and Jed Steer, both keepers who had bags of potential..[/quote]err, since when was Jed Steer sold off  ? as to Joe Lewis it was only potentialwith hindsight we got a good deal

City1st wrote the following post at 10/12/2013 6:13 PM:

Hog wrote:

Lets just hope the Norwich management realise this too and he is not sold off like Joe Lewis and Jed Steer, both keepers who had bags of potential..

err, since when was Jed Steer sold off ?

as to Joe Lewis it was only potential

with hindsight we got a good deal

Correct, Jed wasn''t sold off, he was a free agent when he went.

Joe had huge potential,but to be honest it has not been realised, great bloke, but we had a good deal there.

As for Declan, we are well aware of his quality and he will not be leaving the fold!

I said when Jed Steer left that Declan Rudd is considered in football to be the greater prospect.

I got laughed out and told that Steer will be Premier League and Rudd will be Championship.

I''m sticking by my original claim that Rudd is by far the better keeper and will achieve a lot more in the game than Steer.

It was Lambert who planted the seed in peoples head that Steer is better than Rudd (and Lambert may well think so, and that''s why he signed him).

But one of those keepers got an England under 21 cap this year. Jed Steer is 21, they could have picked him but they didn''t.

We have the England goalkeeping coach at the club, so that speaks wonders about who is considered the better prospect in England circles.

I know Jed le Juge, must be carefull here, but in my personal opinion his attitude is not as good as Decs''.....personal opinion of course and only an opinion!

Does Jed have the potential to be that rarest of events...

The Goalie-Cody?

High praise indeed! I''m sure it wouldn''t of gone unnoticed with the Norwich staff if what you speak of him is true. Hughton may of recognized this and felt he needed to get game time. I remember when we signed Bunn and many fans said we didn''t need to, makes me wonder if Hughton already knew Rudd had bags of potential and eventually start for Norwich.

There has been a few rumors surrounding Krul at Newcastle and that Ruddy would be an ideal replacement. In the summer if we got a good offer for Ruddy and replaced him with one of our own (Rudd) that would be top top business yet again from the Norwich board. I''m sure Dave Watson would have a big say in whatever happens in the future, depends how highly they value and rate Ruddy. And there''s no denying Ruddy can be up there with the top keepers in the league on his day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlmPxcGK9pE

1 min 22 onwards is a full stretch save vs port vale and there is one later on too.

Hoping to find the Peterborough ones to put on.

Two errors for the goals but some remarkable saves to make up for them and some of them have been missed out.

http://youtu.be/q_V0RvxtTvU

Sorry that last link might not work but put Peterborough vs Preston in you tube and it will be there. Missed some saves out too.