Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 18

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Four down....two to go. Just a long wait. I think I''ll have to shovel some snow to release the adrenaline.[/quote]Yankee, is the New Jersey Turnpike anywhere near you? If so after the snow-shovelling you could do a Simon and Garfunkel and count the cars...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Four down....two to go. Just a long wait. I think I''ll have to shovel some snow to release the adrenaline.[/quote]Yankee, is the New Jersey Turnpike anywhere near you? If so after the snow-shovelling you could do a Simon and Garfunkel and count the cars...[:P][/quote]Purple, I don''t know if you are referring to "Bridge Under Troubled Water" or "Cars Are Cars." ( do you remember that one ?). I''m about 30 minutes from the NJ Turnpike. In any event, it looks like Bayer Leverkusen has done us in.

That''s a shame, was sure this week was a winner after yesterday''s last minute winner!

And the Norwich bets all fall down today too, couple of close ones..

Unlucky Purple and Gravy.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Four down....two to go. Just a long wait. I think I''ll have to shovel some snow to release the adrenaline.[/quote]Yankee, is the New Jersey Turnpike anywhere near you? If so after the snow-shovelling you could do a Simon and Garfunkel and count the cars...[:P][/quote]Purple, I don''t know if you are referring to "Bridge Under Troubled Water" or "Cars Are Cars." ( do you remember that one ?). I''m about 30 minutes from the NJ Turnpike. In any event, it looks like Bayer Leverkusen has done us in.[/quote]The wistful song "America" off the Bookends album. And, sadly, yes Bayer Leverkeusen failed the PUPs. Hey ho.

Another 5 out of 6! I think that''s 8 on the trot now. Soo unlucky Purple. We all just have to keep the faith because it has to come right again soon.

Unlucky for Gravy too. Really close with them. Fer had an effort headed away on the line and we were close to winning the 2nd half.

Agree it''s gutting, how long can this go on for?!

Hopefully Christmas will bring us some joy!

I thought getting that late winner in Cyprus would be the catalyst for a winning week. But yet again it was 5/6 and surely our luck will change soon. This was another terrific effort from our PUPs with 37/45 (82%) picking correctly. 29 different games were picked or which 22 won (76%). Purple got us 5/6 (83%) which was another great effort. We will be winning soon.

Here''s the latest PUPs league showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

Trent

Canary
18 18 100%
Statto 17 17 100%
Hissing Sid 17 18 94%
Norfolkbroadslim 17 18 94%
Scooby 17 18 94%
Meth Canary 16 17 94%
Diesel Doris 16 18 89%
Twidio 16 18 89%
Beauseant 15 17 88%
Swindon 15 17 88%
GMF 14 16 88%
Hector 14 16 88%
Warren Hill 11 13 85%
CD Mullins 15 18 83%
Cosmic Twin 15 18 83%
Graham Humphrey 15 18 83%
I''m A Banana 15 18 83%
PurpleCanary  15 18 83%
Til 1010 15 18 83%
Leedscanary 10 12 83%
Herman 14 18 78%
Inch High 14 18 78%
Kathy 14 18 78%
Mr Angry 14 18 78%
Norfolkchance1 14 18 78%
nutty nigel 14 18 78%
1st Wazzock 13 17 76%
Jellytot 13 17 76%
Mandie Moo 13 17 76%
Vindo 13 17 76%
Hughesy 12 16 75%
Javier''s Deaf Translator 11 15 73%
Chelle 13 18 72%
NCFCStar 13 18 72%
Snake-eyes 13 18 72%
DDD 10 14 71%
gravycanaries 12 17 71%
NWC 12 17 71%
Killie Canary 9 13 69%
AJ 10 15 67%
City-Til-I-Die 8 12 67%
Ginger Pele 11 18 61%
jb 11 18 61%
Yankee Canary 11 18 61%
Newcastle Uni Canary 10 17 59%
Splutcho 10 17 59%
gregt 9 16 56%
Newyorkcanary 8 15 53%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat  8 16 50%

nutty, as you are our manager I feel we should give you the traditional vote of confidence...[:D]Seriously, I thought it was a great effort by the PUPs to provide so many choices in a week when every other team was playing in Europe in midweek.

Unlucky PC - but we ralley again to fight another day!Trent Canary - impressive stats, man!

[quote user="Kathy "]This cant go on. If he was at a big club he would have gone by now.[/quote]Trading on last''s season''s performance if you ask me. The stats for the calendar year are not pretty. And it''s not as if he wasn''t given money to spend this summer...The word on the street is that the board are looking to go all continental, with Nutty Nigella, the Neapolitan napster[*] lined up as replacement.[;)]

Pull the ace card Nutty, blame the pup''s for the poor performance and demand more comittment!! Is it true Tilly wants out in January??