Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

Up and coming transfer window

With the January transfer window approaching who would you like to see us bring in being realistic?

I don''t know how many spaces we have in the 25 man squad or if the 25 rule still counts??

There isn''t any players that sick out for me currently, but I think we need a solid CB, creative CM,

I feel we are not creating enough for the likes of hooper or RVW when he''s fit. Fer is very versatile and I think he could play the holding mid or the attacking.

Thoughts??

Really like the thought of Kaboul but I''m not sure he would join or his wages would suit us. A young cb who has been promising for a year or two is Kurt zouma at Saint etienne. I have watched him on a few occasions he is so composed for a young player, with a lot of pace and strength. I like vilhena at psv for an up and coming midfielder, very composed on the ball and quick. There isn''t a player that stands out for me who I want us to sign.

I think that this window could be quite interesting with regard to players wanting to cement their place in their respective countries World Cup plans.

I''m too ignorant to name particular players IRO of their nationalities but I think there could be some good players available on loan from some of the major clubs.

There maybe a couple of quality players we could pick up on the cheap so to speak.

OTBC

I''m concerned that Bassong isn''t fully fit and has not completely recovered from his opp. Can''t see him being available for all the December games and we do need some experience there. He was struggling again yesterday.We could definitely do with another quality CH in the window. I do rate Bennett he is composed on the ball and probably plays a better pass than the other guys, but loses concentration sometimes, definitely one to develop but in January we could do with a bit of strengthening.

I''d like to see another Tettey. The back four always take the flack but often they are exposed and have too much to do.

A defensive midfielder to shield the back four and play the simple ball to the more creative midfielders is a must. Another centreback wouldn''t go amiss. Right back can wait until the end of the season. We should get the wingers back in jan so, again, wait until the seasons out for renewal in that department. A striker if Becchio goes out on land / is sold in jan.

Whilst he maybe doesn''t play in a position that is of greatest need right now, Chung-Yong Lee is looking to leave Bolton and seems to have completely recovered from his leg break a couple of seasons ago.
He''s a quality player who probably wouldn''t cost a huge amount and although mainly a right winger he can also play in the centre of midfield - would provide some excellent options in what is a very thin squad Norwich currently have.

If we don''t get someone who is worth more than our annual transfer budget and is actually a target for clubs like Man City and the rest then it''s all Houghton''s fault.

[quote user="Wiz"]If everyone was fit no one imo.[/quote]

I agree with this. Would prefer to see a bit of stability after a lot of transfers in the last couple of years.

I think the have the necessary quality - just need to get them all working well together more consistently.

To me the squad is still short of one or two players.  I would like to see another combative midfielder to add competitiveness for the Tettey/Johnson slot. Tettey has spent a lot of time out with injury and that leaves just Johnson as the main alternative for that role in a 451.   Also another pacy winger would be great, as again, Pilks is out quite alot with injuries.  

The Back four are our weak point, though Turner and Bassong were great at the Hawthorns. I think that we shall be vulnerable there until Tettey returns, but this still several weeks away.

The only place where we have genuine competition for a place is RB, but this is where we are weakest. Both lack pace and are easily passed. (On Saturday Olsson also had a poor game, but he has pace and has played heroically in other games.)

I still doubt Johnson''s ability. He covers lots of ground and he is now limiting himself to safe, short passes. I have no doubt about his commitment and application, but he seems unable to impose himself on any game. I would go for another midfielder for this reason The cupboard is otherwise bare in this position.

So, with prices high in January and lower in the summer, I would limit signings to a right back and a central midfielder.

(To judge from players we have been reported as enquiring about, - wide players, it may be that Benno''s injury is longer lasting or more serious than we have heard, and Pilks has a growing injury liability. So it may be that we need a wide player.)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Whilst he maybe doesn''t play in a position that is of greatest need right now, Chung-Yong Lee is looking to leave Bolton and seems to have completely recovered from his leg break a couple of seasons ago.
He''s a quality player who probably wouldn''t cost a huge amount and although mainly a right winger he can also play in the centre of midfield - would provide some excellent options in what is a very thin squad Norwich currently have.
[/quote]

He was class before that leg break, and he''s exactly the position we need with our injuries, wide midfielder.

[quote user="iron_stan"]serge gnabry (or Zaha) & kyle naughton on loansign will hughes for 7 or 8 million

[/quote]

Why would Man U loan out Zaha to a mid table rival? :-P

I think if he wasnt brought in the last window, Huddelstone would be ideal. he''s stong not quick but can keep the ball really well and pick a pass, but i agree with the above we really need a quallity CB.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d like to see another Tettey. The back four always take the flack but often they are exposed and have too much to do.

[/quote]

Agreed Iwould like to see someone come in who has the ability to read the game, can tackle and can pass more than 5 yards. I don''t thik it''s a conincidence that we don''t look as solid this season compared to last season where we were playing both Johnson and Tetty in front of teh back 4. Howson and Fer are playign well but they don''t offer as much protection to the defence.

Davo