Sign in to follow this  

Next 4 games: WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham

That is the more common perception but it is flawed. Points are much easier to come by from matches at home against teams such as Villa, Cardiff and Swansea than Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool. Thus, we need to be somewhat higher in the table at this point to compensate.

So that''s five points from this clutch of games so far. A win against Fulham keeps us unbeaten and eight points from twelve. Are we happy or not?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?
14 points from 14 games, and you expect 10 out of the next 4?!? We''ll be lucky to have 24 points by the end of February - start of March.

[/quote]

In your extremely cowardly manner you neglected to say how many points you thought we''d get. Just tried ripping into another poster cuz you''re a tough guy online aren''t you Seattle? You know, I see you as a weedy little guy who is too often on the wrong end of yer lady''s rolling pin. And then when you get the chance you spin three times in your ''puter chair and become "Wonder Fan" and charge about this messageboard picking fights with anyone who has a different view to you. Or those you call "the usual suspects".

[/quote]
 I think honestly we will get about 4 points. WBA and Swansea are a level beyond us now, and will show us up. Sunderland draw, and Fulham will I hope be a scrappy 1-0 win.
Alright old man, whatever you like to think! But i see you and your little gang as the cowards. I have no come here to personally attack anyone. Merely to challenge those that live in cloud cuckoo land, and think that the same manager and tactics will bring about different results. My lady doesn''t use a rolling pin, and apart from my football team there is little else failing in my life, as I wouldn''t let it. How about you? Do you happy clap through the days?
[/quote]
So I got the results wrong. But I was a point off. 5 points from those games was a cr@p return. Please tell me now why I was wrong to say 10 points was living in cloud cuckoo land? On that showing and previous showings we weren''t going to get many points. 
It makes no difference as he will be here all season, but that game summed up why I want Hughton out. A relegation side, we are at home to, and we surrender after 20 minutes and give them the 3 points. Gutless performance. What is the happy clapper brigade''s excuse this time?
Thank god we have Hooper, thats all I can say.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Hah! I wish you were wrong, SC, but you weren''t.[/quote]
Me too HC. I''d gladly have eaten humble pie in exchange for points. The only reason I''m bringing this up, is because posters like Nutty have no clue what they are talking about, and think we''ll just miraculously start playing well and gaining points. There has to be a change to have an effect, with no change how can you expect anything to be any different.
At times, it looks like we are purposefully throwing games. The lack of effort and urgency in a team of this supposed quality is soul destroying to endure.

Talk about a missed opportunity.  What a disappointing result and performance today to conclude this run of games.  I felt 6/7 points was the minimum acceptable return from these games. We ended up with 5.We could have moved into mid-table.  Instead, we are 3 points from the drop-zone, with Man Utd to play next.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?
14 points from 14 games, and you expect 10 out of the next 4?!? We''ll be lucky to have 24 points by the end of February - start of March.

[/quote]

In your extremely cowardly manner you neglected to say how many points you thought we''d get. Just tried ripping into another poster cuz you''re a tough guy online aren''t you Seattle? You know, I see you as a weedy little guy who is too often on the wrong end of yer lady''s rolling pin. And then when you get the chance you spin three times in your ''puter chair and become "Wonder Fan" and charge about this messageboard picking fights with anyone who has a different view to you. Or those you call "the usual suspects".

[/quote]
 I think honestly we will get about 4 points. WBA and Swansea are a level beyond us now, and will show us up. Sunderland draw, and Fulham will I hope be a scrappy 1-0 win.
Alright old man, whatever you like to think! But i see you and your little gang as the cowards. I have no come here to personally attack anyone. Merely to challenge those that live in cloud cuckoo land, and think that the same manager and tactics will bring about different results. My lady doesn''t use a rolling pin, and apart from my football team there is little else failing in my life, as I wouldn''t let it. How about you? Do you happy clap through the days?
[/quote]
So I got the results wrong. But I was a point off. 5 points from those games was a cr@p return. Please tell me now why I was wrong to say 10 points was living in cloud cuckoo land? On that showing and previous showings we weren''t going to get many points. 
It makes no difference as he will be here all season, but that game summed up why I want Hughton out. A relegation side, we are at home to, and we surrender after 20 minutes and give them the 3 points. Gutless performance. What is the happy clapper brigade''s excuse this time?

[/quote]

Well done then seedless. I was a point out to. So that probably sums up the difference between us. However that still doesn''t alter the fact that you came on here to rant at Skippy without bothering to take part in the thread yourself.

Nice to see you again buddy, I''d missed ya! Hope you''re having a good Christmas...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done then seedless. I was a point out to. So that probably sums up the difference between us. However that still doesn''t alter the fact that you came on here to rant at Skippy without bothering to take part in the thread yourself.

Nice to see you again buddy, I''d missed ya! Hope you''re having a good Christmas...

[/quote]
Same as Herman said when I was chatting to him. I was having a great Christmas until today! You were a point or 2 out yes, but by your reaching for 6/7 I got the impression you felt we could have won at least 2 from the 4 games to get that total. Which other game after WBA did you feel we could have won convincingly? Baring in mind these teams are supposedly as bad, if not worse than us.
All debating aside, I genuinely hope you had a nice christmas mate. Maybe a new years truce for me and thee would be nice [:)]