Sign in to follow this  

Next 4 games: WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham

[quote user="Cerberus"]Oh dear Reg. When are you going to learn that you have to let him have the last word?[/quote]

Was this your entire contribution to the thread? Rather like Reggie and Tony Cottee was here. No input about how many points we''d get from the next four games. Just a chance for a bit of "action". As my nan would have said "you are neither use nor ornament...

[quote user="Buh"]Are you genuinely concerned or are you just concerned that every prediction of doom you made against the club isn''t going to come to fruition?[/quote]
Didn''t know you could predict the future there Booby! My concerns remain, and they are with the management, not the club. Clearly you are confusing my wanting the club to succeed with my ''concern'' for the way in which it is trying to do so. What support do you bring to the board exactly? All you seem to do is try and entice a fight with fellow supporters. Maybe stop taking some peoples opinion towards the management so personally. If posters were wanting the club to fail, I''d understand, but we have stated otherwise, so I''d give it a rest now. It''s getting worn out, and you have little to no ammunition.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I haven''t seen much evidence of you enjoying things so far and we''ve got seventeen of the pesky things...

[/quote]
Alright Nige! I have expressed my delight when we have won, and also when we have played well but maybe not got what we deserved. 
I''ll take Reggie''s advice now though, as he seems to be wise to your antics. You carry on and I''m sure reply to this post, as you''ll justify it like all those other times you itch to reply with a real feeling of self importance and dominance over the rest of us that do not live in black and white, or right or wrong. Tunnel vision indeed [;)]

LOL Seedless. Anyone with a memory that goes back further than the last game will remember you coming on this thread to have a rant at a poster called Skippdogg who very reasonably posted : -

"10 starting with a win against WBA, safe at mid-table by christmas"

You replied with a rant, dismissed his prediction saying we wouldn''t get 24 points before March. Yet didn''t make any prediction yourself.

You then said your purpose here was to challenge those who "live in cloud cuckoo land and think that the same manager and tactics will bring about different results".

I would suggest those statements portray you as full of self-importance and trying to dominate the rest of us rather than anything I have posted.

At least I''m a truthful poster with a good memory. It helps when debating with the likes of you...

LOL Seedless. Anyone with a memory that goes back further than the last game will remember you coming on this thread to have a rant at a poster called Skippdogg who very reasonably posted : -

"10 starting with a win against WBA, safe at mid-table by christmas"

You replied with a rant, dismissed his prediction saying we wouldn''t get 24 points before March. Yet didn''t make any prediction yourself.

You then said your purpose here was to challenge those who "live in cloud cuckoo land and think that the same manager and tactics will bring about different results".

I would suggest those statements portray you as full of self-importance and trying to dominate the rest of us rather than anything I have posted.

At least I''m a truthful poster with a good memory. It helps when debating with the likes of you...

[/quote]
I was polite to him. You took it in the manner you wanted to. At the time I was justified to say what I said regarding the results old man. I don''t think my opinion is anymore important than anyone else''s, unlike you. All I try to do is reason what I think and challenge on what basis others may say what they say. Saying we would beat WBA was at the time unlikely, and our points tally was 14 points from as many games. So why would we almost double it in just 4 games? There was no form guide or platform to suggest this. That is why I asked old man.
And stop using ''LOL''. Your a bit past your sell by date for that [;)]

I refute the claim I incite fights with fellow city fans

I am inciting fights with you Seattle, that is clearly different.

It''s not so much wanting the club to fail, it''s more complex than that. There is always a desperate clamour to be the first one who predicted disaster. People do it to appear to be learned.

The worst case scenario for these people is that they are wrong and their club is successful, which is a pretty good backup.

Doesn''t distract from the the side effect that they are thoroughly miserable people that I try to avoid like the plague.

So it''s not that you want to see Norwich fail, it''s that if they did, you would want to be first in line at the mutual "told you so" circle jerk.

Oh dear , here we go again . The bastard son of "you are talking down the club and want it to fail" ; ie "you just wato be in the ''told you so'' queue" rears its ugly little head from the positive brigade yet again.This is another of their myths (there are so many !) that needs nailing on the head whenever it appears.  Look, Buh (and others) ; the vast vast majority of the members of this forum, of all persuasions are Norwich City fans, who would love the Club to continue the successes of recent years. And we have no interest whatsoever in silly point scoring when City lose or play badly. We are just as disappointed as anyone else. End of. And if you cannot get that ,albeit inconvenient, fact into your heads then, frankly, that''s your problem. I just cannot believe that you are all as closed minded and twisted as the hardliner uber positives, so I''d hope that some will see the rest of us for what we really are...Norwich fans, but concerned and worried Norwich fans.Miserable people...??!! Please just get real on that one .

Concerned, worried and miserable

Bet Christmas Day is a laugh with a pant wetter.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

I don''t think my opinion is anymore important than anyone else''s, unlike

you. All I try to do is reason what I think and challenge on what basis others

may say what they say.

[/quote]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"] I have no come here to personally attack

anyone. Merely to challenge those that live in cloud cuckoo land, and think that

the same manager and tactics will bring about different results. [/quote]

There is only one reply possible here....

So Swansea lose, a long trip back to S.Wales another trek across the UK to CR with their minds still on the Europa Cup maybe, it could be a good time to play them

[quote user="crabbycanary"]You do show your age sometimes Seattle!

Although I did love the first two sentences of your reply.[/quote]
Lets you and I not start again please Crabby! I may ''show my age'' sometimes, although at 26 I do not fully know what that implies. My problem is that I get nailed to the cross when I have a pop at someone, but if you look back I never attack anyone on here, or start name calling etc until a point hits when another poster like nutty hurls an insult, or takes a comment to heart and keeps it up. The ''seedless'' thing whilst amusing, is what I am referring too. I didn''t call skippdogg any names, and maybe too bluntly asked him to back up why he said what he said. It was only because I believed his points prediction to be unfounded and plucked from thin air.
Nige was the one that then decided to take it out of context. Like Reggie said we are all NCFC fans. I have explained my reasoning, and looking back now I see nothing at all wrong with what I have said.

[quote user="Buh"]I refute the claim I incite fights with fellow city fans

I am inciting fights with you Seattle
, that is clearly different.

It''s not so much wanting the club to fail, it''s more complex than that. There is always a desperate clamour to be the first one who predicted disaster. People do it to appear to be learned.

The worst case scenario for these people is that they are wrong and their club is successful, which is a pretty good backup.

Doesn''t distract from the the side effect that they are thoroughly miserable people that I try to avoid like the plague.

So it''s not that you want to see Norwich fail, it''s that if they did, you would want to be first in line at the mutual "told you so" circle jerk.[/quote]
I will happily find examples of you taking it upon yourself to have a pop at Le Juge, Reggie, myself and many others that do not happy-clap ourselves to sleep.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

I don''t think my opinion is anymore important than anyone else''s, unlike

you. All I try to do is reason what I think and challenge on what basis others

may say what they say.

[/quote]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"] I have no come here to personally attack

anyone. Merely to challenge those that live in cloud cuckoo land, and think that

the same manager and tactics will bring about different results. [/quote]

There is only one reply possible here....

[/quote]
I''m bored of you now Nutty, but replying purely out of fascination to see how long you can try to twist what I say to suit your pedantic needs.
Let me translate ; It''s a football forum, so I came on and made the cloud cuckoo land comment to try to exaggerate not merely just how mystified I was with the points prediction, but more with how such a bold prediction could be made. Looking on the basis that our results and performances over last season and before the WBA game, we had Played 52 returning 58 points giving us an average of just over a point a game. So on that form which was attained with Hughton and his tactics, where was it unreasonable for me to suggest 10 points from 4 games wasn''t crazy? [:@]
I never name called, I never said he was wrong, neither did I say I was right. I simply couldn''t comprehend it, and asked wanted to see it backed up. We can all say things, but if we do not back up our reasoning then whats the point in having an informed open debate?
Anyway I''m done with now, and I''m learning as I go who to bother trying to discuss the issues with and who not to. I''m sure if we met in real life your group would not be this unpleasant. People just love to have a pop on here and stir the pot. If I do in fact ''act my age'' which is the stupidest stereotype if I ever heard one, (as very few of us know each other and the complexity of our lives, its a poor way to judge character), then surely Nutty and those of his generation should act theirs with the way they go about their business on here.
I have nothing more to add to this debate other than that I shall be delighted if as skippdogg predicted, we garner 7 more points from the next 3 games. It was be totally out of the blue, and the form guide and very welcome.

You don''t surprise me seedless. If I was to be as unpleasant as you I''d have a rant and suggest that you must be in cloud cuckoo land to think that we won''t have 24 points before March. That''s what I''d call a blinkered and mystifying opinion. But it seems your rants are reasoned debate and yet when I reply it''s unpleasantness. And it really seems that you believe this.

How many times are you going to refuse to debate with me and yet come back for another go? All bluster and empty threats I don''t doubt. You may meet me in person one day. I go out of my way to meet Norwich fans where ever they''re from. I have met New York Canary and hope to meet Yankee Canary. I should think the posters from here that I''ve met must be getting up towards 50 in number so you''ll understand why I don''t seperate this from real life. Because it IS real life. And it doesn''t worry me what conclusions you come to about me because the people I meet know what I am like.

However many points we garner from the next three games should delight you because you don''t seem to think we''re capable of getting any. I''m sticking with my 6/7 points. And I''m also sticking with my 45/50 by the end of the season.

Apart from the first sentence that was pretty rational. Hoping you are correct in your predictions. Of course my tongue in cheek comment of the 24 points was adding skipdoggs 10 point prediction to our current at the time 14 points, and saying that was more likely by the end of february as so far we had played 3 and a half months of football and accrued 14 points. Therefore I lightly exaggerated the point of my frustration and concern saying we''d be lucky to hit 24 by the end of feb/start of march rather than before the new year.
I''m happy to take the flak, but it was more an exaggerated bit of tongue in cheek than anything. I will not come on here and be smug if that does turn out to be pretty close, I''d of course be disappointed. Hope we hit that before xmas.

Unbiased statistics update after 16 games, with an equal number of homes and aways.

1) We are collecting 1.125 points per game, compared with 1.1578 last season. If this continues we will finish on 43 points (rounded up from 42.75).

2) We are scoring 0.9375 goals per game, compared with 1.0789 last season.

3) We are conceding 1.8125 goals per game compared with 1.526 last season.

If those two trends continue we will end up scoring 36 and conceding 69, for a GD of -33, compared with 41 and 58 and -17 last season.

That one Man City game really distorted the stats though. It''s clearly disturbing, but roughly a quarter of our goals against this season were conceded in that one game.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]That one Man City game really distorted the stats though. It''s clearly disturbing, but roughly a quarter of our goals against this season were conceded in that one game.[/quote]#THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

" So Swansea lose, a long trip back to S.Wales another trek across the UK to CR with their minds still on the Europa Cup maybe, it could be a good time to play them "

Apparently ... so 4 from two, how many for the next two?

"Surfer" So Swansea lose, a long trip back to S.Wales another trek across the UK to CR with their minds still on the Europa Cup maybe, it could be a good time to play them "

Apparently ... so 4 from two, how many for the next two?

I reckon another four from the next two, giving eight from the four games

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]That one Man City game really distorted the stats though. It''s clearly disturbing, but roughly a quarter of our goals against this season were conceded in that one game.[/quote]

You can spin it that way. You can also spin it the other way, that against the three promoted teams (one of which was down to 10 men) we have only scored one goal.

As it happens, if you delete four of Man City''s goals, to make it an ordinary 3-0 win, we would still be conceding more per game than last season.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]That one Man City game really distorted the stats though. It''s clearly disturbing, but roughly a quarter of our goals against this season were conceded in that one game.[/quote]

You can spin it that way. You can also spin it the other way, that against the three promoted teams (one of which was down to 10 men) we have only scored one goal.

As it happens, if you delete four of Man City''s goals, to make it an ordinary 3-0 win, we would still be conceding more per game than last season.[/quote]
Jeez! damned if I do, damned if I don''t! As I''m not a Hughton fan at all. I get get criticised for my lack of positivity constantly by Crabby, Nutty, Buh and others. So I try a little positivity and get a similar response. I wasn''t trying to spin anything Purple, so sorry if it seemed that way. I was merely trying to demonstrate as you have, the fine margins a single game can make in this league, and how one game can really tip the balance too far to one side, without a true overall reflection of the situation. 
Like the WBA result, everyone looks past the manner in which we won, we weren''t that great. Same as Man City, it was one game, but having seen them put 6 past Spurs and Arsenal, we weren''t that bad either.
Its 6 of one half a dozen of the other. I''m still behind the club despite the stats, and the manager for the time being, as its pointless to call for a change when clearly it falls on deaf ears.

I''d hoped for 25 points from the first half of the season; 19 in the second, to give us 44 for the season, so even two wins against Sunderland and Fulham can''t deliver that now.

It''s a much easier first half of the season than second this year - we''ve got the big boys at home to look forward to now, worrying times.