Sign in to follow this  

Next 4 games: WBA, Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham

What would be an acceptable points return from the next four games?

With our injuries at the moment, I''d probably take six points right now if offered them.It''d probably be better if those six points came against Sunderland and Fulham though. I think they''re more likely to be round about us come the end of the season rather than Swansea and WBA, who I expect to be floating around halfway.

10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.

[quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?
14 points from 14 games, and you expect 10 out of the next 4?!? We''ll be lucky to have 24 points by the end of February - start of March.

6/7 points from them maybe a point at home to Man U leaving us on 21/22 points at half-time. More players fit second half of the season and we will finish on 45/50 points hopefully top 10.

12 are possible and would be awesome.

10 would be fantastic

9 would be very welcome

8 would be satisfactory

7 would be could and should do better

6 would be disappointing and a minimum requirement

Anything less would be a disaster.

However, I expect to feeling fantastic, bordering on awesome come 5.00pm on Boxing Day, cos all I want for Christmas is two away wins!!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?
14 points from 14 games, and you expect 10 out of the next 4?!? We''ll be lucky to have 24 points by the end of February - start of March.

[/quote]

In your extremely cowardly manner you neglected to say how many points you thought we''d get. Just tried ripping into another poster cuz you''re a tough guy online aren''t you Seattle? You know, I see you as a weedy little guy who is too often on the wrong end of yer lady''s rolling pin. And then when you get the chance you spin three times in your ''puter chair and become "Wonder Fan" and charge about this messageboard picking fights with anyone who has a different view to you. Or those you call "the usual suspects".

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]
You are kidding right?

[/quote]

In your extremely cowardly manner you neglected to say how many points you thought we''d get. Just tried ripping into another poster cuz you''re a tough guy online aren''t you Seattle? You know, I see you as a weedy little guy who is too often on the wrong end of yer lady''s rolling pin. And then when you get the chance you spin three times in your ''puter chair and become "Wonder Fan" and charge about this messageboard picking fights with anyone who has a different view to you. Or those you call "the usual suspects".

[/quote]
 I think honestly we will get about 4 points. WBA and Swansea are a level beyond us now, and will show us up. Sunderland draw, and Fulham will I hope be a scrappy 1-0 win.
Alright old man, whatever you like to think! But i see you and your little gang as the cowards. I have no come here to personally attack anyone. Merely to challenge those that live in cloud cuckoo land, and think that the same manager and tactics will bring about different results. My lady doesn''t use a rolling pin, and apart from my football team there is little else failing in my life, as I wouldn''t let it. How about you? Do you happy clap through the days?

Your first comment was pretty stupid, nn. I''ve no problem with SC expressing disbelief without making a comment about points acceptable. I do find your math idiotic. How does 6 points in 4 games against lower clubs (plus one from ManU) put us on pace for 50 points by May? Double 20 is 40.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Your first comment was pretty stupid, nn. I''ve no problem with SC expressing disbelief without making a comment about points acceptable. I do find your math idiotic. How does 6 points in 4 games against lower clubs (plus one from ManU) put us on pace for 50 points by May? Double 20 is 40.[/quote]
Because HC he lives in dreamland, where you say something and then thats just it. Toss all logic out the window. I think happy clapper should also be pant wetter - someone who is unwilling to stand up and be counted, be a strong character, look for a change to improve. The ostrich in the sand is surely someone who knows nothing other than how to bottle it and keep hoping for the best. 

Read the post and do those sums again Houston. We have 14 points now. The reason I said we''d get 6/7 points from the 4 games is because that''s the sort of form we''ve been in against those sides. We''ve kept 4 clean sheets this season y''know. Anyway that''s 14 +6/7 is 20/21. See how patient I''m being here? Now a point from Man Utd would gives us 21/22. Double that and you have 42/44. Then a slightly better second half to the season with a fit 8m striker and my forecast of 45/50 points looks well achievable.

Now Seedless from Seattle reckons we''ll get 4 points from the next 4 games and yet won''t get to 24 points until March. He rants and raves so much I don''t think he remembers what he says from one thread to the next. I wonder if he froths from the mouth too....

I''m off to watch the cricket. Broady just got Warner. That''s the sort of result that can make anyone feel a little better...

[quote user="skippdogg"]10 starting with a win against wba, safe at mid table by christmas, feel free to bring this post up again when i am proved right.[/quote]

I''ll have what you are smoking!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Read the post and do those sums again Houston. We have 14 points now. The reason I said we''d get 6/7 points from the 4 games is because that''s the sort of form we''ve been in against those sides. We''ve kept 4 clean sheets this season y''know. Anyway that''s 14 +6/7 is 20/21. See how patient I''m being here? Now a point from Man Utd would gives us 21/22. Double that and you have 42/44. Then a slightly better second half to the season with a fit 8m striker and my forecast of 45/50 points looks well achievable.

Now Seedless from Seattle reckons we''ll get 4 points from the next 4 games and yet won''t get to 24 points until March. He rants and raves so much I don''t think he remembers what he says from one thread to the next. I wonder if he froths from the mouth too....

I''m off to watch the cricket. Broady just got Warner. That''s the sort of result that can make anyone feel a little better...

[/quote]
Look again at our last 4 games of the season. You cannot simply double the points, this is your problem. Yes I said we''d get about 4 points because under your messiah that is roughly our form. If there was a positive change in the manager seat like I wish for, we might show greater intent to win what I might think is currently going to be a draw, and draw what I think may be losses. You just keep trolling about if it makes you happy though little old man [;)]

Our fit 8m striker scored one prior to his toe injury. Getting 8 more points in the second half is more than a slight improvement. That factors out to 16 more points over a season, and any team that finishes 16 points over another is not just "slightly better".

Your calculations are whimsical. Once again, Seattle is wise. You picked the wrong fight this time.

As I have said before, we have had a tough set of fixtures, of our 14 games we''ve played 9 of the teams in the to half, the 5 we have played in the bottom half we have won 3, drawn 1 lost 1.

Away from home out of our 7 away games we''ve played 5 against the top 7.

I''m not a fan of Houghton but he has always delivered the wins when ever the chips have been down.

we are also 1pt better off against the same fixtures from last year

The next 4 games our against the teams round about us, this is where houghton will have to perform, anything less than 6pts the axe will be waiting.

(we only scored 3 points from these fixtures last year)

Thanks Fraz.My point in bringing up these next four games is that they are all games we should realistically be getting points from. As you say, we have had some tough away games so far, aside from the Hull debacle. But now we have a run of four games where, if we are serious about staying in this league, we should be making some serious headway.Personally, I think the bottom line 6/7 points.  Don''t lose to Sunderland or Fulham, whatever you do.

What would be acceptable, 8 points, what will we get, probably 2 and be in the bottom 3 by the new year.

Could we go further and have another 10 game unbeaten run?

Sat Dec 7

West Brom

A

Sun Dec 15

Swansea City

H

Sat Dec 21

Sunderland

A

Thu Dec 26

Fulham

H

Sat Dec 28

Manchester United

H

Wed Jan 1

Crystal Palace

A

Sat Jan 11

Everton

A

Sat Jan 18

Hull City

H

Tue Jan 28

Newcastle United (7.45pm)

H

Sat Feb 1

Cardiff City

A

Sat Dec 7 West Brom A   - Draw

Sun Dec 15 Swansea City H   - Draw

Sat Dec 21 Sunderland A   - Draw

Thu Dec 26 Fulham H   - Win

Sat Dec 28 Manchester United H   - Draw

Wed Jan 1 Crystal Palace A   - Draw

Sat Jan 11 Everton A   - Draw

Sat Jan 18 Hull City H   - Win

Tue Jan 28 Newcastle United (7.45pm) H   - Win

Sat Feb 1 Cardiff City A - Draw

Is that possible????? More likely:

Sat Dec 7 West Brom A - Lose  

Sun Dec 15 Swansea City H   - Lose

Sat Dec 21 Sunderland A   - Lose

Thu Dec 26 Fulham H   - Win

Sat Dec 28 Manchester United H   - Lose

Wed Jan 1 Crystal Palace A   - Draw

Sat Jan 11 Everton A   - Lose

Sat Jan 18 Hull City H   - Win

Tue Jan 28 Newcastle United (7.45pm) H  - Draw 

Sat Feb 1 Cardiff City A - Lose

I don''t think we will get more than 8 points from the next ten games!

I think we could really do with 7 points from those.

On top of that, we could really do with a couple of inspiring, confident performances that helps raise the atmosphere around the fans. So many are unhappy with how we''ve played this season, it certainly isn''t just this forum anymore. It''s been a long time since i''ve seen us look like we have actual quality. Probably stoke away being the most recent.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Look again at our last 4 games of the season. You cannot simply double the points, this is your problem. Yes I said we''d get about 4 points because under your messiah that is roughly our form. If there was a positive change in the manager seat like I wish for, we might show greater intent to win what I might think is currently going to be a draw, and draw what I think may be losses. You just keep trolling about if it makes you happy though little old man [;)]

[/quote]

Seattle - you do realise we play all the teams once in the first 19 games then again in the remaining 19 games ?  So when you reach half-way, it''s reasonable to double your points as what you expect to get for the whole season, you just have to decide if we''ll get better or worse for the rest of the season.  We have 4 tough fixtures at the end which means our fixtures before then are easier.

For us to be on a par with last season we will need 11 points from the next 4.

That is not possible, so lets say 10 points which is 3 wins and a draw.

Last year we were in the middle of an unbeaten run.  This year we are in no run at all and our form is shocking. TBH I can see no more gthan 6 points from the next 4.  That would not be acceptable for me.  Maybe I want too much, but because of the start we have had we need more!  Hughton has created this situation, so it is now up to him to get himself out of it.  For me 15th 16th 17th is not good enough, just survival is not good enough. We should be progressing not regressing or surviving. Whilst some may be satisfied with that and simply accept that just being here is wonderful, I do not feel that way.  I want us to be the best we can be, I want us to punch above our weight and I sure as hell want to be proud of my team.  I don''t believe this is too much to ask!

Snake