Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Olly Meyhew

16 year old ''wonderkid'' to sign for Norwich for £50k compensation fee. Category A academy advantage here I reckon...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-beat-everton-transfer-highly-rated-2916457?

Bristol Manager John Ward complaining about the "modest" (100K + add ons) fee paid by Arsenal for their young goalkeeper Matt Macey recently He said the goalkeeper left with the encouragement of an agent.

I would imagine that the major compensation will go to the player and agent and also in the case of Olly, which in a way is a shame for the lower league clubs. I know its always been that way, but the Premier League clubs have a bigger pot nowadays and should make sure the add-ons are substantial.

Another reason for Norwich being chosen over Everton could be location. Where would you rather send your 16 year old son, Liverpool or Norwich?

[quote user="stewfil"]Bristol Manager John Ward complaining about the "modest" (100K + add ons) fee paid by Arsenal for their young goalkeeper Matt Macey recently He said the goalkeeper left with the encouragement of an agent.

I would imagine that the major compensation will go to the player and agent and also in the case of Olly, which in a way is a shame for the lower league clubs. I know its always been that way, but the Premier League clubs have a bigger pot nowadays and should make sure the add-ons are substantial.[/quote]
I agree.  Speaking from a purely football point of view.  Lower league clubs should never be shafted over a young talented player.   I''ve no problem with kids wanting to take advantage of a career  move.  So tidy a sell on clause and possibly some other clauses like first team appearances should be mandatory. After all 50ks & 100ks are nothing to Prem teams.

[quote user="stewfil"]Another reason for Norwich being chosen over Everton could be location. Where would you rather send your 16 year old son, Liverpool or Norwich?[/quote]

Yeah, why would you send your son to a vibrant city that has been massively developed in recent years and was European Capital City of Culture 5 years ago and where the 2 main clubs have between them win 27 top division titles, 20 main cups and 9 european cups?

"Yeah, why would you send your son to a vibrant city that has been massively developed in recent years and was European Capital City of Culture 5 years ago and where the 2 main clubs have between them win 27 top division titles, 20 main cups and 9 european cups?"

Maybe he wants to drive back with his wheels still intact and not speak in a comic-but-annoying Jan Molbyesque way.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

"Yeah, why would you send your son to a vibrant city that has been massively developed in recent years and was European Capital City of Culture 5 years ago and where the 2 main clubs have between them win 27 top division titles, 20 main cups and 9 european cups?"

Maybe he wants to drive back with his wheels still intact and not speak in a comic-but-annoying Jan Molbyesque way.

[/quote]You could equally say maybe he doesn''t want to sleep with his sister and grow an extra finger. Have you ever spent any time in Liverpool?

"Nuff Said" You could equally say maybe he doesn''t want to sleep with his sister and grow an extra finger.

Pray tell us what is wrong with either of those two events?

stewfil wrote:"Another reason for Norwich being chosen over Everton could be location. Where would you rather send your 16 year old son, Liverpool or Norwich?

Mr. Angrry:

As a father of a teenage son myself, if my son was going away from home at that young age, I would consider Norwich before Liverpool. If his father was Mr. Angrrry, he would be signing for Everton.

50k for a youngsterNorwich City really are living in a totally different world to what I have been used to !Good news all roundNice to see us building from the start as it were

Ah, yes, the accolade of "European City of Culture" (not Capital). I believe that Hull has recently been handed that bemusing honour. "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord, deliver us"

[quote user="stewfil"]stewfil wrote:"Another reason for Norwich being chosen over Everton could be location. Where would you rather send your 16 year old son, Liverpool or Norwich?

Mr. Angrry:

As a father of a teenage son myself, if my son was going away from home at that young age, I would consider Norwich before Liverpool. If his father was Mr. Angrrry, he would be signing for Everton.[/quote]

Not at all, I just wouldn''t be making a decision on a rather narrow-minded opinion of Liverpool, a city that I have visited on many occasions and where I have always had a good time and where everyone has always been friendly.

"Snoots"

Ah, yes, the accolade of "European City of Culture" (not Capital). I believe that Hull has recently been handed that bemusing honour. "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord, deliver us"

Hull will only be the UK city of culture. Doesn''t say much for the UK........

[quote user="Waveney canary"]50k on a player what do u get for 50k? Jack all that is what. Just another reason why hapless hughton has to go[/quote]Your lot down the road bought a whole team for 20k during the summer....

[quote user="Waveney canary"]50k on a player what do u get for 50k? Jack all that is what. Just another reason why hapless hughton has to go[/quote]

Ignoring the blatant trolling, just incase anyone doesn''t actually know, Hughton didn''t sign this player. He''s manager of the first team, he doesn''t go out scouting 16 year olds to join the youth side.... He probably knew very little of this.

Ah, but a comment from an irate reader under this story in one of the Bristol rags simply says ''Fu**ing Paul Trollope''.

So that''s what he does (one up from the Lambo Back Brigade''s Gary Karsa).