Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Some people seem to think......

....that Hughton has somehow "changed" his approach to get the result yesterday.   Coming in late last night I flicked through all the post match threads and saw several comments that Hughton had somehow "seen the light" or had somehow changed the way he was doing things.Cr*p.  He knows what he is doing and he knows how he wants  his teams to play and he knows how to get it.   There will always be adjustments and tactical  changes game to game, but Hughton is very tactically astute - its mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch.  I am certain there have and will be no changes to Hughton''s philosophy, his teams have always been good footballing teams, strong, intelligent and with plenty of goals in them.

[quote user="lake district canary"]....that Hughton has somehow "changed" his approach to get the result yesterday.  

Coming in late last night I flicked through all the post match threads and saw several comments that Hughton had somehow "seen the light" or had somehow changed the way he was doing things.

Cr*p.  He knows what he is doing and he knows how he wants  his teams to play and he knows how to get it.   There will always be adjustments and tactical  changes game to game, but Hughton is very tactically astute - its mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch.  I am certain there have and will be no changes to Hughton''s philosophy, his teams have always been good footballing teams, strong, intelligent and with plenty of goals in them.

[/quote]

Agreed, and thats why,  so far, he''s been so disapointing.

That was the perfect Chris Hughton type performance yesterday. The trouble is it means we simply have to take one of our early chances for it to work.

Hooper has built a career on finishing one in every three chances consistently wherever he''s been so even when RVW is back Hooper needs to play whenever he''s fit

What?

Of course he changed his approach. How on earth do you think we won? We clearly didn''t play the same as last few Way games, or we wouldn''t have won. We didn''t play same as Palace second half, West Ham up until our goal, Cardiff.

He changed the approach.

Not too something drastically new, but he changed it. Or we wouldn''t have won.

A big difference was the lack of Snodgrass. As good a player as he is, he slows our attacks down to a snails pace. Hence no counter attacking goals last season.

Also Whittaker back in the side, yet again for a win. He links up with his winger exceptionally well. Lucky omen or not, our results always seem to be better with Whittaker in the side.

I think GP tat they are saying its the same approach, but the tactics were executed as he set out.

We were also not playing a form team, Newcastle, have a Suarez, Liverpool.

The man city game we made so many mistakes, and the game plans goes out the window

LDC,

Not sure the approach was chnaged too much from the Liverpool game, when we had more possession, more shots and more shots on target than we did against WBA. The difference was WBA don''t have the quality Liverpool have.

So it could be argued that we perfromed better against Liverpool than we did against WBA apart from the fact our conversion ratio was better.

We need to defend better and ensure more possession (the best form of defence being attack) in both these games we had approximately only half the possession we let the opposition have.

Defending is the job of not just the defenders but the entire team, close them down in midfield and the defenders job is made easier, given the number of shots they had (more than Liverpool) I''m not sure we did that any differently yesterday.

I''m not suggesting we change the players but we change the way we think about defending, which it appears we haven''t if WBA can have a higher possession percentage than Liverpool!

LDC

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Could you get any more sneery or condescending if you tried? I autumn if it a Hughton horror show next week we won''t hear a peep from you.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--- Ray: Not sure the approach was chnaged too much from the Liverpool game, when we had more possession, more shots and more shots on target than we did against WBA.

We played a Lambertesque away game yesterday... Sat back, conceded possession and hit them fast on the break. The chances created were very good chances, not hopeful efforts and half chances like at Liverpool.

Sort of agree Citizen, but that may be because Liverpool have better defenders than WBA, the point I was making was a general one but we still had 14 shots at Liverpool against 8 yesterday and 5 shots on target at Liverpool as opposed to 3 yesterday! So the overall hit them on the break point you make was the same approach we took at Anfield, it just panned out better, possibly because we had Hooper on the field!!

The biggest change I can see is that a few of the players are swapping positions during the match, this was not happening earlier in the season.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I think GP tat they are saying its the same approach, but the tactics were executed as he set out.

We were also not playing a form team, Newcastle, have a Suarez, Liverpool.

The man city game we made so many mistakes, and the game plans goes out the window[/quote]

Precisely.  

Alby wrote: "if it a Hughton horror show next week we won''t hear a peep from you"Hugton Hughton Hughton.  Its

always blame Hughton.   He is the manager of course, but its the

players that have to carry out the instructions of the manager.  

Against Liverpool  commentators said that we set up well and played ok,

but defensive lapses cost us, in other words, player mistakes or

hesitations.  Player mistakes.  It happens.

--- lake district canary: Against Liverpool  commentators said that we set up well and played ok,

but defensive lapses cost us, in other words, player mistakes or hesitations.  Player mistakes.  It happens.

His players, he signed, his squad, his job to get the players performing to their full potential.

But you are right, individual mistakes are rampant this year, is this down to poor coaching, lack of motivation, poor concentration?

According to whoscored: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/168 We are listed as very weak at avoiding individual errors

Changes yesterday -1. We scored and we scored first2. Despite loads of guilt edge, and relatively easy, opportunities WBA didn''t score3. Ruddy stopped everything that came his way4. Our luck - on another day we could have easily conceded 4 or 5 goals 5. Clean sheet, away win, 3 pointsApart from that, not a lot

Foghorn "His players, he signed, his squad, his job to get the players performing to their full potential. But you are right, individual mistakes are rampant this year, is this down to poor coaching, lack of motivation, poor concentration?"

Individual players making individual mistakes in the hurly burly of a game has got chuff-all to do with the coaching. Yes we rode our luck yesterday, but the was team set up pretty well and everybody battled really hard. And bringing on Murphy at the end was brave. His switching with Redmond towards the end was terrific and it directly lead to the second goal. Credit where credit''s due, IMO - it was a classic away performance!

Some people seem to think..............................But most just react to the latest result.

Some people seem to think..............................

But most just react to the latest result.

"I think therefore I am"

Rene Descartes (circa 1630)

And it has taken us nigh on 400 years to get this far!!

C''est la vie!!!

" A big difference was the lack of Snodgrass. As good a player as he is, he slows our attacks down to a snails pace. Hence no counter attacking goals last season. "

Not related to the difference between Wednesday and yesterday, but yes I agree with this, Snoddy is a very good player, but he doesn''t seem to fit the style of attacker we have in the squad, so I doubt that he''ll be back in the first team line up - at least for away games … but even at home I think he''s fighting for a place with Hoolahan...

[quote user="Surfer"]" A big difference was the lack of Snodgrass. As good a player as he is, he slows our attacks down to a snails pace. Hence no counter attacking goals last season. "

Not related to the difference between Wednesday and yesterday, but yes I agree with this, Snoddy is a very good player, but he doesn''t seem to fit the style of attacker we have in the squad, so I doubt that he''ll be back in the first team line up - at least for away games … but even at home I think he''s fighting for a place with Hoolahan...[/quote]

And possibly young Josh Murphy, who has more pace and at equa, if not more, close ball skills and is far more likely to get to the byline, to feed RVW and Hoops.

They didn''t have that many truly gilt-edged opportunities. Olsson''s unintentional hand ball kept one out of the net, but nobody could seriously argue it was deliberate, therefore not a penalty. And Sessignon fluffed a shot when he was one on one with the keeper. Other than that, it was the work done by John Ruddy and his defence to keep the ball out of our net that did it along with two excellent strikes.

Yes we sat too deep in the second half for a long time. Was that Hughton''s orders? Of course not? Has it ever been his orders? Of course not. Seen him shouting at the players to push up the pitch before now when they''ve done this.

[quote user="lake district canary"]....that Hughton has somehow "changed" his approach to get the result yesterday.   Coming in late last night I flicked through all the post match threads and saw several comments that Hughton had somehow "seen the light" or had somehow changed the way he was doing things.Cr*p.  He knows what he is doing and he knows how he wants  his teams to play and he knows how to get it.   There will always be adjustments and tactical  changes game to game, but Hughton is very tactically astute - its mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch.  I am certain there have and will be no changes to Hughton''s philosophy, his teams have always been good footballing teams, strong, intelligent and with plenty of goals in them.

[/quote]
LMAO. I hope hindsight makes you feel as bloody stupid as it makes you look.
"Very tactically astute" "Good footballing teams" "Plenty of goals in them" "Knows what he is doing".
Your observational skills make Poirot look like a fool.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"]....that Hughton has somehow "changed" his approach to get the result yesterday.   Coming in late last night I flicked through all the post match threads and saw several comments that Hughton had somehow "seen the light" or had somehow changed the way he was doing things.Cr*p.  He knows what he is doing and he knows how he wants  his teams to play and he knows how to get it.   There will always be adjustments and tactical  changes game to game, but Hughton is very tactically astute - its mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch.  I am certain there have and will be no changes to Hughton''s philosophy, his teams have always been good footballing teams, strong, intelligent and with plenty of goals in them. [/quote]
LMAO. I hope hindsight makes you feel as bloody stupid as it makes you look.
"Very tactically astute" "Good footballing teams" "Plenty of goals in them" "Knows what he is doing".
Your observational skills make Poirot look like a fool.
[/quote]

No you''re emotional.  The key phrase in that post is   "mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch."      That sums it up for me.    The players were cr*p, today, especially the first half. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]No you''re emotional.  The key phrase in that post is   "mainly been that sometimes the players haven''t always been able to re-produce it on the pitch."      That sums it up for me.    The players were cr*p, today, especially the first half.  [/quote]
No I''m not, I''m just not too stupid to see the obvious.
You still think this is all on the players and Hughton has no part in it? The players are better than their current displays and that is down to Hughton''s systems, tactics and entire lack of any ability to motivate players. He is useless, no excuses, nowhere to hide.
So LDC, are you still in the Hughton in camp?

But Lakey you continually make yourself look ridiculous by making stupid excuses re players and Hughton.Will you later, when YOU are less emotional, be reverting to apologist mode ?

Every time we win, LDC, Keep The Faith and the rest of the usual

suspects appear with ''well done chris hughton'', ''hughton got his tactics

spot on today'' etc. Every time we lose it''s ''the players have to

shoulder the blame'', ''the players don''t care'' etc. Desperate, desperate stuff.