Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Good signs from Hooper

Took his goal very well today looked really composed and excellent finish. Let''s hope he can keep injury free and go on to become a real threat for the rest of the season.

Yep... it''s called settling in winky. And we''ve got an 8m striker nearly ready to join him. Whatabout when he settles in too....

He will be a threat for as long as we give him the ball in the box, Redmond needs to work on that.

Redmond recognised that he had made a few bad decisions after the game, some of Hoopers runs were excellent and with both Fer and Redmond looking for him he will hopefully get a hatfull

Every Scottish football fan I spoke to, Rangers or otherwise have said the same. That he will be good for us, give him right stuff & he will score.  Yes I know its the SFL, but they all seemed to say he will score in the EPL. Peregrine was a description I heard a few times. I think our own team has taken a bit of time to realise it, now theyre waking up, just get the ball to him. Loved that penalty the other day, he knew before he hit it what was going to happen. Now lets have some more please.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 6:08 PM:

Yep... it''s called settling in winky. And we''ve got an 8m striker nearly ready to join him. Whatabout when he settles in too....

I certainly hope RVW does join him and they both get the service they need.

I think you''ll find that''s why players like Redmond and Fer were signed winky.

To be where we are with the injuries we''ve had is a great achievement. Hooper was injured at the start of the season. RVW has been injured since Hooper started to get fit. Now Hooper''s up to speed and it''s starting to happen. Had they both been fit one would have started at Liverpool last week. Hughton''s doing the best he can with what he''s got left to work with but everything he does is criticised without any thought. Cue the bleating about team selection on Wednesday.

I have a feeling that RVW is going to come back with a bang too. Nice that we can start seeing some positives, the injury situation is still a concern though - need some reinforcements in January, probably need to dip into the loan market for a winger.

Redmond could be making so much more happen with his talent and the situations he finds himself in though, he has a lot of improving to do.

This team could be very dangerous though if we ever see a fully fit Pilkington and an in-form Snodgrass again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think you''ll find that''s why players like Redmond and Fer were signed winky.

To be where we are with the injuries we''ve had is a great achievement. Hooper was injured at the start of the season. RVW has been injured since Hooper started to get fit. Now Hooper''s up to speed and it''s starting to happen. Had they both been fit one would have started at Liverpool last week. Hughton''s doing the best he can with what he''s got left to work with but everything he does is criticised without any thought. Cue the bleating about team selection on Wednesday.

[/quote]

Thats a fair call Nutty.

Graham Paddon''s Beard wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 7:30 PM:

Hoops was never in doubt. Just give him the service. Chuck RVW into it and we might have something to get excited about.

Yep

He made excellent contributions in collection and contributing, and he showed an excellent quick and good control of the ball. In doing this he worked very hard for the team.

Unfortunately, like virtually every other player, he lacks Redmond''s pace, and several times he was still arriving when Redmond had reached the by-line and needed a target. This reflects not so much Hooper''s pace as the fact that our defence is weak, plays too deep and needs the support of the midfield, so Hooper was in our own half when Redmond set off!

I was pleased at the way he played at the Hawthorns. For weeks I have been waiting Fer to repeat the defence-splitting pass he produced for Hooper at Watford. I was not disappointed and it was a brilliant cool finish.

Might be wrong but looked to mige that Fer''s through ball caught a slight but helpful deflection.

Anyway, give Hooper and RVW chances and they will score. No doubt about it.

Good thread this, a few words can speak volumes and sum up things nicely at times. I thought that the last couple of games clearly demonstrated why the club made such an effort to sign Hooper and suspect that very soon we will also see why they secured RVW way before he joined us...slowly but surely....

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]RVW and Hooper still might play together! IS the RVW''s loan for the rest of the season or can he be called back whenever?[/quote]Was hoping you would ignore that bit [:D]