Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

If you had to sacrifice a player

Imagine a scenario where the club needs money , and sanctions the sale of a single player to raise funds (like when Leeds sold Rio). You are not allowed to bring in a replacement, the squad has to get by without him and replace from within. The more money raised, the better for the clubs finances. Who would you sacrifice, how much would you expect to get for them and why?

Have things got so bad at the club that people are considering human sacrifice now? Is that why there''s a post for what statue you''d like too? What are we Mayans? What is the next suggestion going to be, knock down the City Stand and build a pyramid?!!!!

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]Have things got so bad at the club that people are considering human sacrifice now? Is that why there''s a post for what statue you''d like too? What are we Mayans? What is the next suggestion going to be, knock down the City Stand and build a pyramid?!!!!

[/quote]

I think some on here would prefer public gallows instead of a pyramid for the next Board Member/Manager/Player that they take a dislike too [;)]

Row D Seat 7 wrote the following post at 22/10/2013 1:58 PM:

"Pilkington - £5-6m? Redmond would then come in with Murphy as backup, albeit not experienced or necessarily ready, but decent cover. "

Why play Redmond in a position that limits his abilities? I would get rid of Snodgrass I''m afraid. With Pilkington able to cover both wings, Redmond a natural right winger and Murphy a left winger Snoddy would be the natural choice to let go.

I too would get rid of Snodgrass who is a defensive forward.

His work and covering masks the fact that he creates very little from open play, something I would expect from a ''forward''.

At times he is the opposition''s best defender when he slows attacks down.

I''d sell jon newsome and ashley ward, we should get £2.6mil for the pair!

oh hang on........

I like Redmond, but I''m not emotionally attached yet. Plus, I think a faltering club with deep pockets (ManU) would spend big on him in a panic buy. That being said, there isn''t anyone at the club I''d be happy to see the back of.

I''d rather see a ritual Wickerman-esque sacrifice before each game than the horrendous ''3-2-1 kick it off'' embarrassment. Maybe the two binners who made the racist comments about Hughton should be first to burn.In answer to your question OP if we had to shift somebody I''d look to cash in on our prize asset, which I believe is Ruddy. He''s surely our most valuable player and he has a very capable deputy.

[quote user="Jonzey"]I''d rather see a ritual Wickerman-esque sacrifice before each game than the horrendous ''3-2-1 kick it off'' embarrassment. Maybe the two binners who made the racist comments about Hughton should be first to burn.In answer to your question OP if we had to shift somebody I''d look to cash in on our prize asset, which I believe is Ruddy. He''s surely our most valuable player and he has a very capable deputy.[/quote]I was thinking more along the lines of Temple of Doom sacrifice, but Wickerman is a real option.

I''m happy for a ducking stool. If he drowns he''s a good wizard after all but if he lives we''ll have to dispense with him. Win/win in my book....