Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

NATHAN REDMOND

Was our best player first few games, got injured and not really returned since. I really like Hughton''s new system of 4-3-3 with Tettey, Fer and Howson in the middle.

However, at home to Cardiff we need to attack and for me Redmond poses more of a threat. I would restore RVW if fully fit and replace Snoddy with Redmond.

Redmond - Van Wolfswinkle - Pilkington (That is the most dangerous three)

We play them at top we will score goals all day long and cause teams problem. Snodgrass can be impact player, like BJ he needs to be dropped and find some hunger. Lets remember Snoddy was injured at start of season as well.

Definately bring RVW back, and definately bring Redmond back in, for either winger, would like to see Redmond down right tho.

Agree with all of that Capt. That''s what I would do if I were manager.However, I think he''ll start with Snodgrass. The one big criticism I have of Hughton is that he sometimes leaves out of form players in the side too long before dropping them. Maybe that has something to do with his man management style. Perhaps he wants to instil confidence by backing his first team players. Take for example Garrido. I think he should have been dropped for Olson a few weeks before he was.For the record - I don''t want him sacked because of this criticism.

Agree, ideal time for Redmond to come back, particularly as I have a feeling that Cardiff will come at us, and he is ideal to catch them on the break. I see a very open match coming up on Saturday

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Agree, ideal time for Redmond to come back, particularly as I have a feeling that Cardiff will come at us, and he is ideal to catch them on the break. I see a very open match coming up on Saturday

[/quote]

Cardiff will not come at us. They don''t come at anyone. If you speak/listen to their fans they will tell you they will put men behind the ball, be very organised and look to hit us with breaks/long balls over the top. Indeed it sounds like their ambition away from home mirrors the way we have set up away in most of our matches in the last 18 months.

I expect us to have an unusually (for us) amount of possession and territory on Saturday. We need to play the players who can hurt them. Indeed there is possibly a case for playing both RVW and Hooper. I think on balance I would not mess with the central midfield trio who are all on song but I would also like to see Redders running at them from the start.

Nathans not really had a gone run since the knock. IMO he needs to start off and then take off at 70 mins when found out/counter acted. The opposite of some impact players we had in the 1st/Championship.

Definitely a player, wants to play, runs. Wasted on the bench at the moment. Pilks left, Redmond right at the moment. Snodgrass needs a rest and watch from the bench for all our sakes and bring on to prove a point.

Isn''t that what we need if we have some depth in the squad, decent rotation and get the best out of players?

Eadie4England,

I agree with most of what you say with the exception of ''definately''. For the record it''s definitely.