Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Sky reporting Holloway has left Palace!

Nice bloke, bit of a joker, and always good for a quote. But never a PL manager for me.

But decisive action from the board as regards the manager after a poor set of results. Ring any bells, anyone ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Nice bloke, bit of a joker, and always good for a quote. But never a PL manager for me.

But decisive action from the board as regards the manager after a poor set of results. Ring any bells, anyone ?[/quote]

Absolutely. It''s what happened at Sunderland. More than once recently. That was what you meant, wasn''t it?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Nice bloke, bit of a joker, and always good for a quote. But never a PL manager for me.

But decisive action from the board as regards the manager after a poor set of results. Ring any bells, anyone ?[/quote]

Absolutely. It''s what happened at Sunderland. More than once recently. That was what you meant, wasn''t it?

[/quote]

Couldn''t possibly comment, Purple.......

Thats going to be a challenge for the new man. It seems that there are less times now that teams get a significant new Manager bounce or, at least that last very long. They could do with the opposite type of Manager like Tony Pullis.

That is shocking! Gets them promotion then gets 8 games, disgraceful.

[quote user="JF"]That is shocking! Gets them promotion then gets 8 games, disgraceful.[/quote]But not unexpected in todays game.Did you know that Hughton is the 8th longest serving manager in the PL? He''s only been in the job for 16 months.I just don''t get it. Surely stability is the key to success, when you want to play the long game. Shame is, no one does, as this message board the last few weeks / months is testament to.

Watch the interview with him now being shown on Sports news, it''s his decision to leave and the way he speaks of it all i can have nothing but respect for him. Top bloke.

LOL.. you''re kidding right JF? Hughton steered us to 11th and a cup quarter final but didn''t get anything like 8 games from many on here....

--- nutty nigel: LOL.. you''re kidding right JF? Hughton steered us to 11th and a cup quarter final but didn''t get anything like 8 games from many on here....

That is what a pretty dismal 10 months of 2013 gets you in management these days. I have high hopes that we will be securely in mid table by the end of November.

I think Holloway is a little unlucky really, Palace were doomed from the moment they won promotion. Then again, he has spent near 18 million on players. The league has changed big time in the last two seasons that is for sure.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hope they don''t get Martin O''neil[/quote]

That''s my worry lincoln.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]What, do you want the job Wiz?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

What, do you want the job Wiz?
[/quote]

Leave off! That would mean actually having to go to football games!

Who needs the hassle.
[/quote]

Well that would be the end of Tettey,Elmander and Fry Kicked off the board. Becchio would be playing up front though. [;)]