Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

McGregor injured for around 6 weeks

Fair enough, over the hill, but a decent keeper and nice guy. It''ll be good to see him get the game time.

I wonder if he''s up there on the money made per minute played ratings?

They have Harper as a back up.

I like Bunn, I thought he was a good shot-stopper and did well for us at times.

But on paper

Harper > Bunn

I''d rather Bunn, Harper is like 37 isn''t he now? He''s past his best, Bunn has had more game time recently and i''d feel more confident with him in goal than Harper.

You seriously thin our pathetic ( at times ) season was due to Mark Bunn being in goal ...???? It was a little bit deeper than that ![quote user="Jimmy Smith"]See how Hull deal with losing their first choice keeper, it did us in last season by in large.[/quote]

no...Bunn is a excellent goalkeeper... but he isn''t world Class... Ruddy is.. and that made the difference... Ruddy would have made saves that Bunn wouldn''t.this is not a criticism of Bunn either. who i think is the best backup Keeper we have had in years.

I''d have thought the difference between McGregor and Harper was less a factor than that of that between Ruddy and Bunn, not dissing Bunn at all.

More surprised at what''s not been said about Davies, who has looked solid, and our not having been in for him when we had the opportunity.

Not having a go, may have missed a thread or two on the topic.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he isn''t world Class... Ruddy is.. [/quote]Ruddy can''t get into the England team jas let alone a world one.

I''ve been waiting for Hull''s bubble to burst as I anticipate them to be firmly amongst the strugglers eventually.

This could be the catalyst. It nearly did for us despite having the admirable Bunn who certainly did well enough to ensure that we didn''t have a repeat of the Bryan Gunn scenario..

The loss of the number one number one is a big blow to teams like Hull and us.

For some reason I am also thinking of Villa''s situation and how they might get on relying upon young Steer for a prolonged period.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]See how Hull deal with losing their first choice keeper, it did us in last season by in large.[/quote]

After Ruddy was injured against Everton, we went on to draw the next game (Southampton) then win three games in a row. Not sure that it is fair to say that it "did us in" .