Sign in to follow this  

Of course some of the abuse (not criticism) that Hughton gets is racist. It would be naive in the extreme to think otherwise. There have been two public examples on social media and these people are hardly likely to be alone. All clubs have an element of racist fans and that, unfortunately, includes us.

LDC has taken a huge impossible to prove leap in suggesting that this may be the root of some of the criticism Hughton gets as he (like me) is a Hughton supporter and doesn''t feel the level of angst against him can be justified by football reasons alone.

That is bound to be seen as offensive. Lets be clear - it is offensive. There will be racists out there who can''t judge Hughton fairly because of their prejudice but the vast majority are simply expressing an opinion based on football and to them you have crossed a very sensitive line.

All I know is it''s very important of us to take lessons on race relations from places around the world which have a long and proud history of harmonious racial integration.

Like Texas.

[quote user="im spartacus"]If somebody set up a `white canarys supporters club` do you think the `black lawyers society` might complain to the police ?
[/quote]

That would be to The Black Police Officers Association I presume and believe me there is one ?