Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

If Norwich City were to erect a statue, who would it be of?

This question doesn''t need an answer on this Board as it is one of the, almost daily, references to our great Club by the jealous little boys from Binland on their "Days of Wine and Roses" forum.

They really must be hurting as they have a constant fixation with all things Norwich City.

Naturally, it turns into another opportunity for them to bleat on about their "history," irrespective of the fact that it amounts to not much more than winning two rusty cups followed by years in the wilderness.

Never mind they have had a rib-tickling five minutes to distract them from their latest weep-in brought about by the imminent departure of no less a footballing hero than Mad Mick McCarthy.

The Canary hordes have no need to visit the Portaloo these days but some will remember that the site is adorned with a couple of statues. A veritable pigeon''s paradise no less. As if they haven''t got enough shite to put up with as it is at Shanty Town F.C.

I''m amazed that the Administrators didn''t melt their statues down for scrap value a few years ago in order to give some recompense to the unfortunate local businesses who were truly cheated by that grubby little outfit.

Our statue? Geoffrey Watling for me.

Paul lambert and I would also name the stadium and every stand after him as well. In fact I would change the name of the club to plfc if we could get him back. I am a fan of lambert. Hughton out

Please desist from giving the original question serious thought.

Personally, I''ve always considered statues at Football grounds a bit naff.

Statues are for war heroes, politicians, monarchs, nudes and Thinkers, to say nothing of outstanding individuals like Edith Cavell.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]...or Wiz.[/quote]Ironically, it would be his first time at Carrow Road[/quote][:D]  [:D]  [:D]

After lots of thought I have a short list as follows.........Jim Blair, Willie Young, Drazen Muzinic, Simon Lappin or David Fox.

But, if it was a serious question, which it isnt.......for me only two are on my short list....Geoffrey Watling or David Stringer

I don''t think Norwich have ever had a strong dominating, all conquering figurehead worthy of a statue. Plenty of greats from the past such as those mentioned like Watling. But we haven''t had an analogue of Ferguson, or Paisley, or Dario Gradi, guys who define a club.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Gotta be Mr Geoffrey Watling[/quote]

This.[Y]

Geoffrey Watling.
Without him there would be no club. 
If I had to choose a player then Darren Huckerby. 

Agreed...with "Letsby ''avin you" on the plinth.

We could have a statue of Lambert, as long as it was in an area where birds would sh*t all over it. Great during his time at the club but what a tw*t now!

Why a player or similar? We are Norwich. Walk down the Thames opposite side of the London Eye and a memorial of our war heroes. Rather have something similar myself. A walk down Carrow Road and similar spanning our short history...with a to be continued

Goss strike a glorious pose for our best victory on tour but still other memories all can relate to.

How about a statue of Finidi George? Running away holding a St Johns Ambulance collection tin....

This is what happens when you try to run before you can walk....