Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Favourite non Norwich player?

Can be for whatever reason you like. Doesnt have to be a particularly good playe or even famous.Who is your favourite non Norwich player?

Suarez for me. He''s a wonderful talent. And i love that he annoys people like he does!

Historically, Le Tissier and Bergkamp. Current players, think Yaya Toure is an excellent player. Took me a long time to warm to him, but he does so many things in his position so well. Was always a champion of RvP when he was underused in his youth at Arsenal. Think Aguero is a great little player too. Also loved Pernia and Juninho Pernambucano for there free-kicks. Loved little juninho when he was at Boro too :)

Bellers was my hero growing up,Ronaldo IMO is the greatest footballer ever to play,Zlatan Ibrahimovic is technically one of the greatest players of all time withZinedine Zidane

Paul Scholes. Rightly lauded as the best midfielder around by some of the greats like Zidane, Xavi, iniesta.

Ronaldo isn''t even the best player of his generation.

Michael Laudrup

Not old enough to appreciate him in his prime but what a player! Romario says Laudrup is the best he ever played with and he played with a few gooduns.

I''ll go with Robert Griffin III, Quarterback of the Washington Redskins who runs the 400m hurdles in Olympic time...
But, if we''re sticking strictly to football in the British sense of the word rather than the Americanism, I''ll have a bit of a Polish bias here and go for Piotr Zielinski, a fantastic young CM, 19 years old and playing regularly in behind Antonio Di Natale at Udinese. Does everything well and is direct enough to run at players at pace. I also love Jakub Blaszczykowski, when he is on form he really is a wonderful player to watch.

Messi. By a mile. He''s so insanely talented. Ronaldo is nearly as good, and you have to appreciate his dedication as he appears to have to work a lot harder than Messi to be as good as he is, Messi definitely has more natural ability.

Raul and Herriro were two of my first non-Norwich faves. Then Harry Kewell, Kaka and Maldini.

As for you RVWs contract, first you call Barton a hero, now you say Suarez is your fave player. I suggest re-evaluating your taste in footballers/people.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Messi. By a mile. He''s so insanely talented. Ronaldo is nearly as good, and you have to appreciate his dedication as he appears to have to work a lot harder than Messi to be as good as he is, Messi definitely has more natural ability.

Raul and Herriro were two of my first non-Norwich faves. Then Harry Kewell, Kaka and Maldini.

As for you RVWs contract, first you call Barton a hero, now you say Suarez is your fave player. I suggest re-evaluating your taste in footballers/people.[/quote]Did you even watch that video I posted?

I agreed with everything Joseph Barton said! He was talking about youth players having a lot of money and not focussing on the game...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would I want to waste my time watching Barton speak?[/quote]

So you''ve had a go at me for saying Barton spoke sense yet you''ve not even seen the vid in question?

Classic Pinkun messageboard [:D]

Got nothing to do with the Pinkun.

Barton is a desibicable excuse for a human being, he could say he hates Nazi''s and donte all his earnings to starving children in Africa and I still wouldn''t want to know his opinion on football or anything else. Especially since 2/3 of his opinion that I''ve seen is actually him just regurgitating other people to give the sense he''s intelligent.

And then you state your fave non-Norwich player is a cheat pure and simple (ignoring the racism as a lapse of judgment/understanding) because it annoys people...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Got nothing to do with the Pinkun.

Barton is a desibicable excuse for a human being, he could say he hates Nazi''s and donte all his earnings to starving children in Africa and I still wouldn''t want to know his opinion on football or anything else. Especially since 2/3 of his opinion that I''ve seen is actually him just regurgitating other people to give the sense he''s intelligent.

And then you state your fave non-Norwich player is a cheat pure and simple (ignoring the racism as a lapse of judgment/understanding) because it annoys people...[/quote]So if I dont agree with your opinion I''m not allowed one?

That sounds like the Pinkun message board to me mate [:P]

And where did I say that?

Of course you''re allowed one...

I don''t say that when you tell me to shut up about Johnson. It''s classic you. I don''t like Barton. A lot of people don''t. I don''t appreciate someone I''d call a friend calling him a hero, I would have been happy to forget it, but now Suarez... Yes he''s a great player, but your favourite, because he annoys people? Pretty odd...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And where did I say that?

Of course you''re allowed one...

I don''t say that when you tell me to shut up about Johnson. It''s classic you. I don''t like Barton. A lot of people don''t. I don''t appreciate someone I''d call a friend calling him a hero, I would have been happy to forget it, but now Suarez... Yes he''s a great player, but your favourite, because he annoys people? Pretty odd...[/quote]Hang on a second....

I havent said I actually like Barton just that he was right about his comments on the video.

You''ve known I''ve liked Suarez for a while now. We mentioned it before last home game!

Pint on saturday? [;)]