Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

I predict......

Hoolahan won''t be playing today.

Hoolahan won''t be playing much at all from now on. Unfortunately I think we''re seeing the end. Which is a big shame as he''s a very talented player. But Hughton has always struggled to get the best from him and on his few showings this season the magic is gone, he was verging on woeful against Watford, fave the ball away against a champ side when hooper and Redmond were so wiling to take it from him. He had one good shot, rest of game provided nothing.

I think The odds on Hoolahan even playing 10 mins are about 50/1...

Why would we even consider playing our most creative player!? Madness!

I don''t expect too many goals (so it will probably be 5-4 then!) LOL.

Probably 1-0, but 1-1 wouldn''t surprise me.

There are at least two Lincoln Canaries then...because that''s where I was born and raised...still work there! Still yellow and green through and through.

Though a am genuinely a big fan of Wes, I think some people are deluded with regards to his ability. A few times a year he has a great performance which people seem to hang on to.

IMO you can''t play him anywhere else other than behind the lone striker and when playing that position, they have to score goals, he never seems to be confident enough to have a shot unless there are no other options (and then they only seem to be tame efforts!).

So if he isnt our most creative player any more then who is? No one else springs to mind!

Redmond? Pilkington? Snodgrass (when he isn''t crossing purely to the GK)? Fer potentially...

Hoolahan started fading under Lambert and only had a few good performances last year. If Hoolahan is our most creative player still we''re going down without a doubt.

Some players are difficult to categorise, - they are neither one thing nor another. Perhaps Surman is, even Hucks was, and I think that Wes is. It took Lambert some time to decide where and how to use him, and the solution was the diamond. Wes is not a midfielder, not a winger, not a striker, and to some extent if you play him you have to build the team round him.

I feel that his best days are behind him. He still has the ability to play the sublime pass occasionally, or to amaze with dribbling, but he can also give the ball away, and that can be expensive when we play fast breaking teams. He has been something of an icon, but it looks as if the management feel that he does not have enough now. Perhaps it would be better for him to play in a lower division.

Gingerpele: you started off by intimating that Hughton was partially to blame for Hoolahan''s poor form then follow it up with...

''''Hoolahan started fading under Lambert and only had a few good performances last year.''''

Hughton is getting enough negativity already.

So, CUSDP, on the one hand you say that we need a better version of Hoolahan, suggesting he''s not good enough and agreeing he is past his best.

You then criticise the manager for his "failings" with this player that isn''t good enough and past it.

You''ve made your feelings on CH clear enough but come on mate, keep it fair. Expecting him to have a time-machine or some sort of Benjamin Button spell is a bit unreasonable...;-)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]A return to hero status for Wes Hoolahan today. Partly influenced by Lincs FM''s decision to play k.c and the sunshine band a few moments ago. A sign? I hope so.

3-1 Norwich. Hoolahan to score.[/quote]
Bloody hell, that''s the first time I''ve ever seen you with a positive mindset. 
I was feeling really confident, now I''m not so sure - this surely has to be a bad omen?

[quote user="Herman "]I like this new approach from Lincoln. It should be applauded.[/quote]
I will applaud when I have finished pinching myself and pricking myself with a pin to make sure it isn''t all a dream.