Sign in to follow this  
YellowAndGreenDreamTeam

Loza goes on loan to Coventry

If he gets a game or two in the Coventry first team, well and good, but if he plays in their U21 Development team what is the point?

Significantly, perhaps, is that he has not been on the bench for us in the EPL, despite injuries to non-scoring strikers. It looks as if we doubt whether he will be good enough. It may be "make or Break" for him, but he surely goes with our best wishes.

Coventry''s first team pretty much is their under 21 team, they are in financial trouble and only have 4 players over the age of 23.
Loza becomes the 4th striker in their squad, and their current 3rd striker is apparently not very good, so should imagine he will at least be used off of the bench.
Even if he gets 10 minutes there, 20 minutes there, is good for the lad to get some exposure to competitive senior football - especially if he can steal a goal somewhere. 

I seem to remember from my reading of our last published accounts that we made a decent wedge from loaning players out.

Some of the big clubs, like Manchester United and Tottenham have long since latched onto this profitable source of income.

For us it is a win-win situation as we get a chance to see how these youngsters develop whilst contributing to the costs of the Academy.

One poster made the point in response to Ayala''s loan to Middlesborough that the player would not likely turn out again for us and understandably so as it seems that most of our loan players follow the Vaughan and Butterfield routes of eventually signing for the clubs they go to (or a.n.other)

Perhaps with DA this might amount more to a developmental thing rather than a means to get him of the wage bill, If he''s not good enough then why keep him on the books in the first place?

Rudd apart, I can''t think of another out at the moment. There must be more.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I seem to remember from my reading of our last published accounts that we made a decent wedge from loaning players out.

Some of the big clubs, like Manchester United and Tottenham have long since latched onto this profitable source of income.

For us it is a win-win situation as we get a chance to see how these youngsters develop whilst contributing to the costs of the Academy.

One poster made the point in response to Ayala''s loan to Middlesborough that the player would not likely turn out again for us and understandably so as it seems that most of our loan players follow the Vaughan and Butterfield routes of eventually signing for the clubs they go to (or a.n.other)

Perhaps with DA this might amount more to a developmental thing rather than a means to get him of the wage bill, If he''s not good enough then why keep him on the books in the first place?

Rudd apart, I can''t think of another out at the moment. There must be more.[/quote]
I had a quick peak at the Coventry forum and apparently they are under a strict transfer embargo and some are saying that for the FA to allow the deal it is likely that they aren''t paying a fee. 
They are allowed to sign one player for one which leaves the club, as long as the replacement doesn''t earn any more than 75% of the player who departs, and aren''t allowed to spend money on transfer fees.
So that means they could be paying wages but unlikely to be paying a fee.
We also loaned up some pretty big names in the last accounting period, Loza has never played a senior game.... 
7 Aug 2012 Spain Daniel Ayala (DF) Nottingham Forest 30 Jun 2013 season-long[21]
24 Aug 2012 England James Vaughan (FW) Huddersfield Town 30 Jun 2013 season-long[22]
29 Aug 2012 England Tom Adeyemi (MF) Brentford 30 Jun 2013 six-month,[23] extended (29/01)[24]
31 Aug 2012 England George Francomb (DF) AFC Wimbledon 5 Nov 2012 one-month,[25] extended (04/10),[26] (05/11)[27]
15 Sept 2012 England Korey Smith (MF) Yeovil Town 17 Dec 2012 three-month[28]
26 Oct 2012 England Elliott Ward (DF) Nottingham Forest 29 Dec 2012 two-month[29]
8 Nov 2012 England Jacob Butterfield (MF) Bolton Wanderers 5 Jan 2013 one-month,[30] extended (10/12)[31]
9 Nov 2012 England Jed Steer (GK) Cambridge United 8 Dec 2012 one-month[32]
15 Nov 2012 England Chris Martin (FW) Swindon Town 2 Feb 2013 two-month,[33] extended (07/01)[34]
21 Nov 2012 Scotland Simon Lappin (MF) Cardiff City 1 Jan 2013 six-week[35]
10 Jan 2013 England Elliott Ward (DF) Nottingham Forest 30 Jun 2013 season-end[36]
16 Jan 2013 England Jacob Butterfield (MF) Crystal Palace 17 Mar 2013 one-month,[37] extended (19/02)[38]
29 Jan 2013 England Declan Rudd (GK) Preston North End 30 Jun 2013 season-end[39]
22 Feb 2013 England Chris Martin (FW) Derby County 30 Jun 2013 one-month,[40] extended (21/03)[41]
14 Mar 2013 England Leon Barnett (DF) Cardiff City 24 Apr 2013 one-month,[42] extended (12/04),[43] recalled (24/04)[44]
15 Mar 2013 England Korey Smith (MF) Oldham Athletic 30 Jun 2013 one-month,[45] extended (15/04)[46]