Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Cardiff match thread

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]YES!!! why not Fer!?[/quote]lolidioto[/quote]can you answer my question?by the way.. we scored a legitimate goal which the ref for some reason decided to disallow...

[quote user="uiyteli"]Hughton out - enough is enough![/quote]
Yeh! we''ve had enough good football! Pulis in! hoofball in!

There will be a fair amount of discussion regarding that "goal" at the end, however the truth is that we should have been home and drywell before then. We just don''t look clinical enough under Hughton, the strikers are both used to poaching goals however under the system here neither RVW or Hooper can hit the target. That HAS to be indicative of the system or the tactics, both of which the manager is responsible for.Hughton has to go.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Really frustrated. shocked that a goal has been disallowed because the ref thought it was unsportsmanlike.[/quote] agreed!the ref has just broken the rules.. he can''t do that!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Really frustrated. shocked that a goal has been disallowed because the ref thought it was unsportsmanlike.[/quote]Agreed! Yes it was a freak occurrence, there was no intent to mislead and the laws of the game had not been infringed upon. The goal should''ve stood! WTF?

i would have taken that goal all day long the rule is ludicrous they put the ball out to waste time not out of any concern for tettey... if it was a drop ball cos the ref stopped it then fair enough but a throw in should be play on as normal... and fer rolled it in if marshall had gone across and picked it up rather than moaning it wouldn''t have been an issue... outrageous [:@]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]we played really well. I think the scary thing now is how are we going to become clinical enough to score enough goals?[/quote]

Bring on your best striker with more than 4 minutes to play.

He''s looked isolated all season because he has had little service - but has scored a cracker and set up a cracker when we have put decent balls into him. And today, when we''re creating more chances than we have pretty much the rest of the season added together, we leave him on the bench and bring on Elmander first instead. May be coming back from injury but if he''s going to come on for 4 minutes, why not come on for 20?

Midfield and back four were absolutely superb today, they ensured we dominated possession and created an absolute tonne of chances. Can''t fault any of them.

How the forwards couldn''t finish even one of the chances is an absolute joke, and did we even trouble the goalkeeper from any of out over 14 corners and free kicks?

Javier''s Deaf Translator - Really frustrated. shocked that a goal has been disallowed because the ref thought it was unsportsmanlike"
I thought for a while it was going to stand. I think it was disallowed because the ref hadn''t officially restarted play is what was said by the commentators. If he had, I''m sure it would have had to have stood. Either way can you imagine the inquest? the sh!te Leroy would have got? Not to mention they might have had to have looked at some new line of legislation to write in the rule book to stop it happening again. I wanted us to win, but not like that.

25 goal attempts 61% possession 13 corners. It''s not often we''ll have those kind of stats in our favour this season. Let''s face it Cardiff were pretty crap. Overall I thought we played pretty well today but I am utterly bewildered as to how we didn''t score and haven''t got 3 points in the bag.

More worrying for me is Hooper - if he couldn''t convert one of the many chances he had today, is he going to be any good for us when we''re playing like we normally do and he gets maybe 1 or 2 chances at most a game?

26 shots, 9 shots on target, 61% possession.
Just don''t understand how we didn''t win that game.
All I have to say though is that Elmander is a bloody liability and if I were RVW I would hand in a transfer request tomorrow after a team mate once again thought it better to shoot than square to a natural born goalscorer.
I''m glad that the goal was disallowed, would have been disgraceful - and it would have brought us very bad karma, as every team in the land would then feel it appropriate to do the same as us. What goes around comes around.
But I do have admiration for RVWs and Fer''s "win at all costs" attitude, I just don''t think that is behaviour should be rewarded in English football.
To the person above, I am both worried and not worried. 
I am worried that we aren''t scoring goals, but we were so bloody unlucky today, and I think RVW would have buried a couple of Hoopers chances today. 
Snodgrass was superb in the first half, hope that signals his return to form.
But I just can''t put my finger on the problem anymore. We are dominating games, we created chances today and looked like a top half team - we made Cardiff look awful, and they aren''t a terrible team, but still came away without 3 points. 
So I don''t know if we can just put it down to bad luck, the problem is how long can we wait for our luck to change. The next two homes games are crucial in determining our fate, or Hughton''s fate. 
The players look desperate to win and keep Hughton in the job though, I just really hope they can go on and do it. 

The thing that we have probably learnt today is that Ricky Van Wolfswinkel is by far our best striker, he would have buried one or two today, our success is going to hinge entirely on us creating chances for him this season - and I was absolutely fuming when Russell Martin didn''t square that last chance. Really angry.
Snodgrass created chances today though and I''m happy about that, because if he and the other two wingers don''t start doing that for RVW then we have no chance whatsoever. 

Seatte -wasn''t there a big ''campaign'' by the FA/refs to stop teams from kicking the ball out? Should only now stop play when the ref says so.

Having said that, it''s not worth even discussing whether the goal should have stood or not - bottom line is we should have been 4 or 5 up by then anyway, and we weren''t. That''s far more worrying for the rest of the season than whether the ref disallowed a fairly freak goal which maybe should have stood.

One of those things really. The problem is, it''s starting to frustrate the players & it looks like they think they''re never going to score & are losing faith in their ability.

But ho-hum. How many games did Swansea go before they scored?

So we have moved from a ''defensive'' minded team to an ''attacking'' minded team and everyone just assumes that goals will naturally come?Change takes time to settle. I for one am very happy with the level of dominance that we had in this game. It''s a real indicator as to where Hughton is wanting to take this team. Yes we haven''t scored, but I believe the goals will come.I for one am all in for Hughton to stay and continue with the project of building Norwich into a stable premier league team.....Oh my lord....the ''two up fronters'' are out of their mind. Do you honestly feel that playing with ''one up front'' means we only have one person to score goals? Really? Do you honestly see the formation being that static?

I''m not one to quickly jump on CH, but he got the team wrong and the subs wrong today. RvW should always start. If he''s not injured, he needs to start. I would have prefered Elmander starting in place of Tettey who was horrible. Not much else to say really. The first half was good and we could have been 2 goals into safety if we had the right players out there. Pilks and Snoddy were in good form. Fer and Ruddy were also good. We were VERY unlucky a few times, and that''s just how it goes. Still, we''ll probably be out of the bottom three after tomorrow. That''s something.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Midfield and back four were absolutely superb today, they ensured we dominated possession and created an absolute tonne of chances. Can''t fault any of them.

How the forwards couldn''t finish even one of the chances is an absolute joke, and did we even trouble the goalkeeper from any of out over 14 corners and free kicks?[/quote]

Agreed!

Quite a few thumping shots sailed over the bar or went wide, but Fer''s weak backpass to their keeper and we score! Terrific game, unlucky to just get a point.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Ooh don''t go criticising Elmander..........[/quote]
Don''t go criticising Elmander? The bloke is a bloody donkey.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]I''m not one to quickly jump on CH, but he got the team wrong and the subs wrong today. RvW should always start. If he''s not injured, he needs to start. I would have prefered Elmander starting in place of Tettey who was horrible. Not much else to say really. The first half was good and we could have been 2 goals into safety if we had the right players out there. Pilks and Snoddy were in good form. Fer and Ruddy were also good. We were VERY unlucky a few times, and that''s just how it goes. Still, we''ll probably be out of the bottom three after tomorrow. That''s something.

[/quote]
How will we be out of the bottom 3 tomorrow Portland? As far as I know they don''t deduct points from teams. Unless Wet Spam lose 8-0 we will be there until Man City, and then probably after that game too.

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Ooh don''t go criticising Elmander..........[/quote]

Don''t go criticising Elmander? The bloke is a bloody donkey.

[/quote]

I''m not saying I disagree with you, just be prepared for the backlash from the OP[;)]

I thought Elmander was ok when he came on.Just don''t know why he was brought on first[*-)]